Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOR '' Peter Driscoll '' OF MCINNIS / COOPER MY QUESTION , WILL THERE BE AN OFFICIAL MEMO , WITH CONCRETE INFORMATION SENT TO THE ENTIRE CLASS WITH A TIME LINE ?

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FOR '' Peter  Driscoll ''  OF  MCINNIS / COOPER MY QUESTION , WILL THERE BE AN OFFICIAL  MEMO  ,  WITH CONCRETE  INFORMATION  SENT TO THE ENTIRE CLASS WITH A TIME LINE ? Empty Re: FOR '' Peter Driscoll '' OF MCINNIS / COOPER MY QUESTION , WILL THERE BE AN OFFICIAL MEMO , WITH CONCRETE INFORMATION SENT TO THE ENTIRE CLASS WITH A TIME LINE ?

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 09:05

106 word memo from our law firm wish it would have been 15 unhappy people saying "Are you fracking kidding me McInnes Cooper" but that would leave us one word short.

Back to top Go down

FOR '' Peter  Driscoll ''  OF  MCINNIS / COOPER MY QUESTION , WILL THERE BE AN OFFICIAL  MEMO  ,  WITH CONCRETE  INFORMATION  SENT TO THE ENTIRE CLASS WITH A TIME LINE ? Empty Re: FOR '' Peter Driscoll '' OF MCINNIS / COOPER MY QUESTION , WILL THERE BE AN OFFICIAL MEMO , WITH CONCRETE INFORMATION SENT TO THE ENTIRE CLASS WITH A TIME LINE ?

Post by 321HTRCN Sat 16 Feb 2013, 01:09

I can't believe for 20k in legal fees that MC had no idea this delay was a possibilty and informed us that it could happen. Totally unacceptable and yes I was one of the 15 that wrote to reduce the legal fees and rightly so if they could not even bother to tell us of another disappointment. I am starting to feel like a mushroom, left in the dark and fed nothing but sh..t.

321HTRCN
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 20:57

tHANKS FOR THE UPDATES EVERYONE .

fOR cOUNTRY
rETIRED aRMY mASTER sNIPER
DAVE FITZPATRICK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 15:43

I would say that a conservative estimate of people involved that actually KNOW about this case is somewhere in the 50% range.

But how can there be 7500 people, and how can they not know about it, you may ask.

It's relatively simple, the GoC just needs to ask DND how many people have been medically released between 19XX and 20XX, and there you have it, a magic number of those affected.

I've said in the past, more people than not that I've talked to about know NOTHING about it prior to our conversations. I think there was a major breakdown in communication, DND should have been involved with notifying people of this, considering they know who is/was 3B'd and where they're sending pension cheques to.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 15 Feb 2013, 15:37

The only thing wrong that I have heard is that even though only 15 complained in letter to the judge about anything, that does not mean that everyone else is happy. There are many Veterans who may have felt that our views are unimportant to the courts, so why bother putting themselves out there. There are probably just as many that felt that by showing any disapproval at all could only delay getting their money, even if it is less money than what they feel is deserved.

When we were in the military, you did not question when orders came down the pipe. If you were unhappy, you went to the mess and bitched about it to your friends over a few beers, but you certainly didn't write to your CO, or to Ottawa. The same is happening now. There have been more than 15 people just registered on here that have expressed displeasure over aspects of the proposal and legal fees, but posting here doesn't let the judge see things from our view. In fact, even of the speeches that stated that the deal isn't up to scratch, they all laid blame on the the government for stonewalling our lawyers on key issues, like a exemption from tax penalties, and only one expressly called for the deal to be rejected. There is nothing wrong with letting the judge and the lawyers know that we were unhappy with how the negotiations played out, even if you accept the end result.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 15:35

WHOOP-DEE-FUCKING-DOO!
Another meaningless and useless update.

It's not "OVER" until the money they STOLE from ME is in MY hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 15:32

Just received an update (would call this a wrap-up of the two days) from MC by e-mail - In both official languages

Vall2012

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Fri 15 Feb 2013, 15:25

If you need a place to voice your anger Red then by all means voice it here rather then on any one close to you. You have every right to voice, it's called the Freedom of Speech. They say that in the business world it always nice to have that one person who speaks up a lot, protects his teammates, puts a little fear in management and keeps them on there toes. So even you are detrimental in the vets world even though it goes a little to far sometimes. You do have valid points regarding delays but its over now. If you ask me would i like a person that complains a lot with my crew I would have to say yes. You would be considered the missing puzzle piece.
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 15 Feb 2013, 15:22

Come guys. I know its frustrating. As I said a week ago the Judge will most likely write a very long desicion and present it to the court once written. He will digest what was said in court and based on his questions and challenges in court to speakers and lawyers he is going to think very hard and write a very detailed decision. That takes time and Judges normally take a few days to do that. I dont expect a decision until next week but we may get lucky and get a partial decision this afternoon but I doubt it.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 15:14

I live on Vancouver island and other than getting Beamed over to Halifax 6000km away I would have been there. I don't give a rats ass if you don't like my comments, they are mine and are justified. I am a results orientated person not a delay orientated person. Do the job, get it done and move on it is that simple. IF we were informed initially and updated by MC that this was going to be delay after delay after delay after delay then I may have been mentally prepared for all the fn delays!

I absolutely expect that if somebody says they will do something that they will. Not come up with a thousand excuses to delay. All the caring in the world from all the people in the world is nice but it does not resolve anything, especially in this case. I hate, and I mean really hate being strung along intentionally. It makes me a wee bit angry and when I am being strung along, and it does not matter who strings me along, it could be my teenager a friend a relative or a co worker then I go into defensive mode. These people are baiters and only serve themselves. Although I do give the benefit of the doubt (which nobody should ever do) to the judge because he is the only one left in control of this crazy situation. I am not an enabler it is not in my nature so when I have to sit back have absolutely NO say in this absolutely kills me! I was patient on so many levels, I did not stir any shit, I did not cause problems for the sole reason of hoping for a fast resolution.

This resolution has not happened yet. And you tell me to shut up? Where do you get off saying that? Wait, I fell for it. You just may be one of those baiters. Whatever.

It was my impression from all that was stated that a desicion was to be made on the 14th. Nothing was contrary to this nothing at all.

Shut up and wait. Yep thats what I am forced to do is wait but I will no longer shut up because I am fed up and need somewhere to voice my anger!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 15:13

This was ment to go on another page because everyone is panicked ... As I am .. But we all need to slow down .. Sorry it went on your topic..fuck eh!!! I said before I suck at writing

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 15:08

oiler ,

i'm a pretty calm lad myself , who are you referring to ?

fOR cOUNTRY
rETIRED aRMY mASTER sNIPER
dAVE FITZPATRICK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 15:02

The battle is over stop fighting think about this ......fighting with ourselves will only go bad we can not change anything anymore.... Frustration is fine but be disciplined here guys...ask questions don't attack people down there went on there own to help not to be attacked!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Feb 2013, 14:58

RSM good job ... I am with you there lets all wait that is our only option I know it sucks but hey they got it right!!!

Thanks RSM for your posts I truly am very proud of you and all who have been there told their story ... You did it for us

Thank. Brother

Derek

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next