Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it just me, or does VAC intentionally wait until the last minute to make decisions

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is it just me, or does VAC intentionally wait until the last minute to make decisions - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it just me, or does VAC intentionally wait until the last minute to make decisions

Post by bigrex Fri 22 Feb 2013, 10:05

Well, I called VAC and they would only say that they are taking longer than the 16 weeks as stated. They wouldn't give me a reason for the delay or give me a timeline to expect a decision. I'm just sick and tired of all the BS.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Is it just me, or does VAC intentionally wait until the last minute to make decisions - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it just me, or does VAC intentionally wait until the last minute to make decisions

Post by bigrex Thu 21 Feb 2013, 17:39

Thanks guys, I'll call in the morning and see if they have something in the system saying that it is decided upon, and the "my account " just may be lagging behind.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 21 Feb 2013, 13:37

Rex IMO and experience it's inter-department information. I'll explain. I got a letter stating that I was approved for a consequential claim. I called to find out why the additional money was not on my monthly deposit. I'm not kidding this is the response..."My department did the work required not my problem the department I passed the updated info to is not as efficient as ours."

Approved and got a letter for a new CPAP mask. Letter stated the TAC center will send the approval, billing code to your service provider. Well 11 business days later I called my service provider..."Ron haven't heard from TAC." So I told them not to do anything.

I called NCCN, the poor buggers that have to take the brunt of verbal abuse which is absolutely not right, and asked the rep to email the TAC center to get off their thumbs and fax the info. The poor NCCN rep had to quote from the book..."Your service provider has to contact TAC for the info". She totally understood what my letter stated but she had to give me the standard quote.

30 minutes later my service provider called and said she has the billing code and my mask is ready. Followed by the usual question "What in the hell did you do?"

Long story to basically say departments are working their butts off to keep their job. My observation is this is where the red tape needs to be reduced! Not these b.s. no stamps on HRTC's and VIP grants.

One more thing please do not get mad at the NCCN people. They have to follow the book of procedures and if you think about it why yell at them? Instead ask them to send a "nasty gram" to the department or get someone's voicemail. I ripped a DO nurse a new one about being absolutely, totally incompetent. No repercussion but what a surprise got my living aid approved within the hour!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 12:15

I have faced the same situation everytime I had to deal with them. If and when I did complain about how long it took to get an answer, they always had the same answer ( why do you complain, after all you will get retroed to the day of your application).
Just remeber that their job is to administer the program not serve the customer.

Back to top Go down

Is it just me, or does VAC intentionally wait until the last minute to make decisions - Page 2 Empty Is it just me, or does VAC intentionally wait until the last minute to make decisions

Post by bigrex Wed 20 Feb 2013, 22:01

I have had several claims and requests go through VAC and almost every time, they wait until the very last minute, and sometime beyond the time that they say it will take, to be given an answer. The latest is a current consequential disability claim. I submitted it in July, and by the time they sent the paperwork and I was able to have it all completed, it was end of October. So the application was sent to head office on the 1st of November and I was told that I would have an answer within 16 weeks. Well the 16 weeks is up tomorrow and according to VAC's "my account", they haven't even made a decision yet, let alone mailed it out to me. So my question is, is this just VAC's treatment of myself for speaking out in the past, or is this a systemic problem that the OVO needs to address? Anyone??
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2