Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEC Decisions

3 posters

Go down

DEC Decisions Empty Re: DEC Decisions

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 07 Jul 2019, 00:36

bigrex wrote:They have taken away the power to determine DEC, from the CM's and local offices, and created a central office, that will hear and decide on all DEC applications, nationwide. This obviously has created a massive backlog, because instead of dozens of VAC offices, deciding on a handful of DEC applications each, the one office, with an unknown number of staff, are having to deal with them all. And with the massive influx of DEC applications, trying to beat the Apr 01 deadline, in order to qualify for the CIAS, before it was eliminated, only exasperated the situation.
So they no longer even give you a date of your hearing, in the past if you asked your CM to recommend you for DEC , the boards sat pretty fast and twice a week I think, so now a DEC decision is just like a disability claim wait 45 weeks min, wow
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 06 Jul 2019, 23:43

They have taken away the power to determine DEC, from the CM's and local offices, and created a central office, that will hear and decide on all DEC applications, nationwide. This obviously has created a massive backlog, because instead of dozens of VAC offices, deciding on a handful of DEC applications each, the one office, with an unknown number of staff, are having to deal with them all. And with the massive influx of DEC applications, trying to beat the Apr 01 deadline, in order to qualify for the CIAS, before it was eliminated, only exasperated the situation.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sat 06 Jul 2019, 22:11

Crockett wrote:It is still with the Vocational Rehab group, hasn't even been sent to Vac for a decision.
I’m not understanding the process you’re explaining. My understanding is DEC designation is decided by your. Case manager and a board, your Cm should be able to provide you with a date the board was sitting. After that date , the cm comes back from the hearing and will tell you instantly whether or not you qualified for DEC or not.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

DEC Decisions Empty Still waiting

Post by Crockett Sat 06 Jul 2019, 21:03

It is still with the Vocational Rehab group, hasn't even been sent to Vac for a decision.

Crockett
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2019-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sat 06 Jul 2019, 20:29

Crockett wrote:I was just told by the vocational rehab personnel they were submitting my paperwork for DEC, does anyone have any idea how long it takes for a decision?  After I posted this I did some more digging into DEC, apparently decisions are to made expeditiously.  I am sure their idea of expeditiously is not my idea of expeditiously...lol.
are you still waiting.?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

DEC Decisions Empty DEC Decisions

Post by Crockett Fri 05 Apr 2019, 05:43

I was just told by the vocational rehab personnel they were submitting my paperwork for DEC, does anyone have any idea how long it takes for a decision? After I posted this I did some more digging into DEC, apparently decisions are to made expeditiously. I am sure their idea of expeditiously is not my idea of expeditiously...lol.

Crockett
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2019-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down