Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If the Judge said weeks not months, then why ??? Enough lies

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

If the Judge said weeks not months, then why ??? Enough lies - Page 2 Empty Re: If the Judge said weeks not months, then why ??? Enough lies

Post by peep Sat 16 Mar 2013, 12:07

I can understand why he might not post here, but why not send the class an email directly like he used to!

Zippo, zilch, nothing-nil
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

If the Judge said weeks not months, then why ??? Enough lies - Page 2 Empty Re: If the Judge said weeks not months, then why ??? Enough lies

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 12:03

I agree Navrat, some sort of communication would ease minds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 11:59

Of course, out of a gesture of kindness, our law firm could have given a sitrep on what is going on , even if nothing, to ease the minds of us, the ones who are paying, which they them to forget. Remember never bite the hand that feeds you, well we are feeding MC , no question at all

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 11:57

Ex , I too want my money yesterday, however if waiting a little longer benefits us, I am willing to wait it out.

From reading some of the vets postings here , I'm of understanding that the judge cannot directly modify the proposal, indirectly he can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 11:21

The bullshit, is that Mr Barnes said weeks not months. If our overpayed, trusted lawyer had any respect for the vets, he would have updated the class as too what could be taking so long. Ease the anxiety and set us at ease. Yes thank you PD for winning the case but your job is not done, as a soldier I never quit half way through. Step up.

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:32

Oh the horror!

This wait is now putting happy thoughts in my mind, like we have to wait for the budget, and the GOC will pay our legal fee's. That the longer we wait the more the judge will lower the legal fee's. ug!

And when it comes out, and its the same......that will be the ultra let down!
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:26

Hamford, I do not pull stuff out of my ass when I post. Our lawyer, Ward Branch, states in his article that the judge can point out areas of concern in a class action proposal, and that his approval is contingent on the lawyers modifying the proposal to meet these concerns. The judge cannot modify the deal, but the lawyers can. He also says that if the losing party holds power over the winning party in the negotiations, that the settlement may not be adequate and should be viewed with skepticism by the courts.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 07:13

hamford again no one said he can amend it ore change it read the paper i left the link to in this thread it will explain everything and it all jives with what was said in this thread so not speculation.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 00:58

Well if it was that simple why is this crap taking so long? With the simple stroke of a pen it is done. Something fishy is happening

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Mar 2013, 00:26

What dont you understand? The juge can not modify the proposal! Period! Accept or reject! Two simple words! The only thing he can modify is the legal fees! Isnt that easy? Jeesss. Stop speculating!
The lawyers and Dennis are as much in the dark as we are! It will be all over soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 23:54

The GoC has changed legislation in the past to burn Vets. Here's one example:
Prime Minister Brian Mulroney's government decides to pay interest on the pensions from 1990 onward. The government also amends the Department of Veterans Affairs Act so veterans can't sue for retroactive interest on their pensions and other money held by the government between 1919 and 1990.

Link:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/veterans/authorson_case.html

This is the glorious history of how the government treats veterans.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 15 Mar 2013, 22:51

I agree with Propat. Nothing in the discussions of late have stated the judge has the power to change the proposal, but he does have the power to point out areas of concern and that his approval could rest on the lawyers modifying the proposal to meet these concerns. He also states that the court will look at whether the representative client is negotiating from a position of weakness. He states that "If that were the case, the court believed that adequacy of any settlement negotiated by the representative plaintiff would be called into question". During the approval hearing, Ward Branch described how they were concerned that by forcing negotiations for damages, the GoC could legislate a way out any compensation, as an example of the risk they undertook. So, by the lawyers own admittance, because of the power the GoC has, they were negotiating in a position of weakness, and therefor the deal may not be as adequate as it would be otherwise.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 21:46

Again, it is simple. weeks not months. not word from MC? I still consider this lip service and total bullshit. Hurry up and wait.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 21:23

just a leagal paper from ward branch its all good reading especially "aproval" i havent seen any sudjestions recently that do not jive with what w branch has written in this paper but hey maybe i missed something.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 21:17

Good reading , Propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next