Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If the Judge said weeks not months, then why ??? Enough lies

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

If the Judge said weeks not months, then why ??? Enough lies - Page 3 Empty Re: If the Judge said weeks not months, then why ??? Enough lies

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 21:16

Thanks, Sparrow, for relaying this email to us, Dennis must have been reading the CSAT forum, and knew you have alot of our respect on here for us veterans.

Back to top Go down

If the Judge said weeks not months, then why ??? Enough lies - Page 3 Empty Re: If the Judge said weeks not months, then why ??? Enough lies

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 21:06

Dennis has contacted me this evening and advised that I could share his message with csat for everyone to understand better.

Dennis wanted to reiterate that when he addressed the NS Provincial Standing Committee on Veterans Affairs he was simply suggesting that the class may hear something by mid April but that it was his own speculation combined with an educated guess by him alone and not the law firm.

The April time frame was Dennis's opinion based on giving Justice Barnes time to clear his desk of his other decisions, writing his decision in our case and then adding the two-to-three weeks to have the document translated.

Dennis stated that nothing he says about the matter of when the decision will be rendered is etched in stone or means that he has an inside track.
Dennis is waiting just as we are.

Dennis advised that he has not spoken to Peter or anyone from the legal team since the hearing in Halifax.

Dennis also wanted to reiterate that Justice Barnes can not modify the deal, only reject it or approve it and that there are no legal guildelines that can be altered by Justice Barnes in any way possible as suggested on csat recently.

Once again, I only post this for the good of csat with Dennis's recommendation and approval.
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 19:17

Ditto

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 12:12

Thanks for the update Sparrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 11:47

I just called the Fed Court clerk that I have been in contact with throughout this waiting period. Unfortunately, she has advised that nothing is
pending in the court repository computer inbox and we can see nothing is on the Court website.
Sorry, it appears we will have another weekend to get through.
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:46

Yes. My exact feelings.
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:09

"Officially going to Months Not weeks" So sick of being lied to, "hold on" shut up, pay us lots, don't call us, where the hell is my settlement? wait for translation wait for check processing wait for MC to call me back wait for PD to come home from holidays, wait judges decision, I am sick to my stomach.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 14:21

That means it been a month and not even translated, translation people say it's 6 to 8 weeks because of backlog, the law firm said up to six months for cheques issued, we might be into a new tax year once this is put to bed, really bad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 13:41

Sorry pteadams, if you only knew how much I would like to have positive news for you all. But better to know than not. Try to stay positive and hang on.

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Thu 14 Mar 2013, 13:36

Thanks Sparrow.
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 13:24

AS most know on csat, I call the Federal Court house in Ottawa once daily and speak with the same Court Clerk each time. I just spoke with her and unfortuantely she has confirmed once again that nothing is pending in the internal inbox of the Federal Court as well as what we can see on their website. I am sorry it wasn't better news but felt you needed to know we won't likely hear anything today.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 12:44

Another weekend ruined by absolute empty promises and great actors. I guess you have to ask, why would somebody fight so hard for almost 8 years over a $10,000 lawsuit of which agrees to pay the lawyers 30% then offer up the rest to the crown. perhaps there is some backdoor agreements??? maybe not who knows? Mr Barnes should re-state his position; "Months not Weeks"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 12:39

Ex-Para, it's called used , we serve no purpose to the law firm nor Dennis so we are discarded ! So they can move on with their agendas! But everytime you see our lead plaintiff advocating for veterans you can sit back and know its all a game

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 11:29

where the hell is the Judge???? where the hell are our 66 million dollar lawyers????? where is our lead plantiff????? WTF is happening. Dazed, confused and left in the dark again.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next