Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If the Judge said weeks not months, then why ??? Enough lies

4 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

If the Judge said weeks not months, then why ??? Enough lies - Page 4 Empty Re: If the Judge said weeks not months, then why ??? Enough lies

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2013, 16:38

No Canex discount!

Back to top Go down

If the Judge said weeks not months, then why ??? Enough lies - Page 4 Empty Re: If the Judge said weeks not months, then why ??? Enough lies

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2013, 16:00

Ahh, but wouldn't denying us health care then be an infringement upon our human rights?

This is where we go when someone upsets our applecart.

I think in the long run, it will have been cheaper for DND/GoC to pay us out in full, because now we have the bit between our teeth.

Here are some thoughts:

Refugee Status

Wrongful Dismissal

Unfair Employment Insurance policies

Human Rights violations

Unfair Cost of Living Allowance policies

Anyone else care to add to the list of things we could potentially hunt the government down for?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 13 Mar 2013, 15:40

We don't want to do that. The Tories would deny us health care if we were refugees.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2013, 15:38

I wonder, can we declare refugee status in our own country?

Ima go google it...

"Your refugee claim may not be eligible for referral to the IRB if:
1. You have been recognized as a Convention refugee by another country to which you can return;
2. You have already been granted protected person status in Canada;
3. You arrived via the Canada-United States border;
4. You are not admissible to Canada on security grounds, or because of criminal activity or human rights violations;
5. You made a previous refugee claim that was found to be ineligible for referral to the IRB;
6. You made a previous refugee claim that was rejected by the IRB; or
7. You abandoned or withdrew a previous refugee claim."

1. No
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. No
6. No
7. No

It would seem that we are eligible to claim refugee status here in Canada, based on:

"A person in need of protection is a person in Canada whose removal to their home country or country where they normally live would subject them personally to:
a danger of torture;
a risk to their life; or
a risk of cruel and unusual treatment or punishment."

Emphasis added is mine.

Last edited by Greatfoot on Wed 13 Mar 2013, 15:52; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 13 Mar 2013, 13:25

Pretty accurate "observations" IMO...maybe we should go to the Immigration Minister and say if we are deported back to our country we will be financially bankrupted because we are broken citizens that our country no longer has a need for!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3413
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2013, 12:27

Ex-Para, for the record, I DO NOT feel that it is okay for these people to take their time.

Never, and I mean never, in my career was I able to adjust H-Hour, when it was time to jump off, it was time to jump off, so we had to have our shit together. Aside from the Judge, because the jury is still out on that one, the government of Canada has never had, does not now have, and never will have it's shit together. They should, to paraphrase another poster, be all lined up against a wall and shot with a ball of OUR shit, and see how they like it.

It is the utter lack of accountability and the contempt with which they hold us that truly ires me. I've said it before, and I'll say it again now, I wouldn't piss on any of them if they were on fire just to put them out.

I am sick and tired of this bureaucratic bullshit run-around they're continually pulling on us.

You can bet if this were a third world country where their lives were in peril as a result of their actions, they'd be doing a whole better job, or they would be 'liquidated'. But we don't live in a third world country, but don't for a minute think that we actually live in a democracy, either.

I am not advocating anything with these comments, just posting observations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2013, 11:54

We were used, end of!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2013, 11:32

The thing that gets me is that everybody thinks it's o.k to take their time. The judge openly said he understood the need for the vets, many vets here suffer from anxiety, why would you imply one thing and not follow through? I would rather he had said six months time not a few weeks. As for MC, what a joke. Thanks for doing a job, you will be rewarded well for it. Not like they took a huge gamble.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2013, 11:26

I do believe the whole time frame was 4-6 weeks, that includes the judge making his decision (+/- three weeks) and then getting it translated (+/- three weeks, although in a country that is supposed to be officially bilingual, and given the amount of taxpayers dollars that are thrown away on bilingualism, you'd think there'd be someone that could translate it in, oh I don't know, an hour or two, elsewise what is all that Official Languages Act money being spent on), so we are only about two thirds of the way there so far.

Not trying to jig anyone along, just what I have observed.

Although, the conversion from Celsius to Fahrenheit would probably be more apt:

Double it and add thirty-two.

I find the C to F or F to C conversion factor particularly applicable to any dealings with the government. If you owe them or need them to do something C to F. If they owe you or need you to do something, F to C.

(The Fahrenheit to Celsius conversion goes like this: Cut it in half and then take away another 32)

* Disclaimer for the geeks - this is only a Kentucky windage method, I know the more precise method, I just don't want to blow up anybody's brain.

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Wed 13 Mar 2013, 10:31

Shocked Oh the stress bounce
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

If the Judge said weeks not months, then why ??? Enough lies - Page 4 Empty If the Judge said weeks not months, then why ??? Enough lies

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2013, 10:23

If the Judge said weeks not months, then why ??? Enough lies. Friday marks the beginning of months. Thanks for getting our hopes up. P.S John don't send me anymore rumors, or I've been tolds... This whole ordeal has been a joke.

Last edited by Ex-Para on Thu 14 Mar 2013, 11:36; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4