Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Sisip Financial Planning Tips

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Post Sisip Financial Planning Tips - Page 2 Empty Re: Post Sisip Financial Planning Tips

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2013, 17:21

Nav playing a banjo at the Hamilton Legion
Post Sisip Financial Planning Tips - Page 2 Kermitbanjo

Last edited by Sparrow on Sun 07 Apr 2013, 17:38; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Sisip Financial Planning Tips - Page 2 Empty Re: Post Sisip Financial Planning Tips

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2013, 17:20

pigeons.ca wrote:That was a good mock Sparrow! Your skills are getting scary.

It is only google pigeons...... tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2013, 17:19

trooper wrote:Some members here have given advice, as to putting some money aside for next year's taxes, that's advice that I will take.
I'm thinking, something that is locked in for twelve months.

Agreed, someone suggested 10% of settlement return to be put away for potential tax bill for 2013 income tax return ~ minimum 10%

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2013, 17:18

That was a good mock Sparrow! Your skills are getting scary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2013, 17:16

pigeons.ca wrote:I'm still trying to master dueling banjos. Freaks the traffic out when my doors and windows are open and I start picking away at that tune.

Post Sisip Financial Planning Tips - Page 2 154215_457872034251310_1000821127_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2013, 17:15

Some members here have given advice, as to putting some money aside for next year's taxes, that's advice that I will take.
I'm thinking, something that is locked in for twelve months.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2013, 17:11

Thanks Trooper ~ I always thought I would go with a GIC for the higher interest versus regular savings account rates but I didn't like the confusion of maturity dates on the GIC's and having to roll them over on the maturity date or dates ~ this Power Saving Account is something I will check with my bank at the TD and if they don't offer one I will check with the Scotiabank ~ I am not loyal to any bank persay ~ just loyal to my savings and my future sunny thanks again Trooper
sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2013, 17:07

I'm still trying to master dueling banjos. Freaks the traffic out when my doors and windows are open and I start picking away at that tune.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2013, 17:06

sparrow, I am with the scotiabank, it's called the scotia power savings, you get about the same interest as a GIC, you need to have a minimum of $5000, for it to accumulate interest, it does not cost you anything for this account, it's available for you when needed, and you can have access to it from your online banking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2013, 17:03

pigeons.ca wrote:^^ I own a basic fender and goldtone cripple creek-100 (for real). Remember the heavier the banjo the better quality it is.

Play us a diddy on your banjo pigeons....Earl Scruggs style

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2013, 16:58

Yes pigeons, love the sound of a banjo, I have a friend who play's one, and he is real good at it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2013, 16:56

trooper wrote:Yes sparrow, you got that right.
I like the one that states - Choose your friends carefully.
I open a power savings account , I will park my money there, and use caution on any spending.

Trooper ~ could you give us some details about the Power Savings Account versus a Regular Savings Account ~ I know it seems obvious but I would love to know more about it if you could explain please ~ thanks trooper
sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2013, 16:47

^^ I own a basic fender and goldtone cripple creek-100 (for real). Remember the heavier the banjo the better quality it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2013, 16:37

Navrat,
I will be able to afford a new Banjo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2013, 16:35

Wholly , batman, Sparrow!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next