Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the Law Firm acting on behalf of class members with regard to appealing SISIP's decision for non TPI due to the member not submitting medical documentation at the 18 and 24 month period due to their VAC amount being more than their SISIP amount?

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Is the Law Firm acting on behalf of class members with regard to appealing SISIP's decision for non TPI due to the member not submitting medical documentation at the 18 and 24 month period due to their VAC amount being more than their SISIP amount? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is the Law Firm acting on behalf of class members with regard to appealing SISIP's decision for non TPI due to the member not submitting medical documentation at the 18 and 24 month period due to their VAC amount being more than their SISIP amount?

Post by 1993firebird Mon 08 Apr 2013, 16:16

Why will I pay 8% of the retro when I am not going through the Law Firm to appeal the decision.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Is the Law Firm acting on behalf of class members with regard to appealing SISIP's decision for non TPI due to the member not submitting medical documentation at the 18 and 24 month period due to their VAC amount being more than their SISIP amount? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is the Law Firm acting on behalf of class members with regard to appealing SISIP's decision for non TPI due to the member not submitting medical documentation at the 18 and 24 month period due to their VAC amount being more than their SISIP amount?

Post by 1993firebird Mon 08 Apr 2013, 16:13

I have not verified which list but I am on a zero sum list.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 08 Apr 2013, 16:10

I sent the medical documentation to SISIP a couple of months ago so I am not going through the Law Firm for this , the medical records go back to when I was at my 18 month period during the first two years of being Medically released. So if the Law Firm does take legal fee's from this then how is that justifable and how far from now will they still be able to take legal fee's? The case was to stop the clawback, what if someone two years from now for example , appeals there decision of not being TPI with SISIP , does the Law Firm still get legal fee's? I am not apart of the $888 million settlement only the $444 million retro part as I am only getting the first two years retro and I am paying the 8%. If I am TPI and get more retro going back from when SISIP decides that I am TPI to the first day after the two years ended , then that money is not part of the $888 million as I was not factored into that amount being non TPI.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Mon 08 Apr 2013, 16:02

Have you verified that you are on the 1st "zero sum" list, which has around 900+ names on it.
Or the 2nd "zero sum" list, which has around 200+ names on it.
McInnis Cooper, and SISIP should have both of these lists.

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 08 Apr 2013, 15:26

If I'm reading it right first you have to be recognized that you should have been in receipt of LTD.

This is where the 3rd party adjudicator comes in. You present your case to this person they decide whether you should have gone beyond the initial 24 month's of LTD.

Once this is decided on the law firm will bill you accordingly to the adjudicators decision.

Hopefully the memo to come out this week will address your situation as there is quite a lot of people in the same situation as yourself.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Is the Law Firm acting on behalf of class members with regard to appealing SISIP's decision for non TPI due to the member not submitting medical documentation at the 18 and 24 month period due to their VAC amount being more than their SISIP amount? - Page 3 Empty Is the Law Firm acting on behalf of class members with regard to appealing SISIP's decision for non TPI due to the member not submitting medical documentation at the 18 and 24 month period due to their VAC amount being more than their SISIP amount?

Post by 1993firebird Mon 08 Apr 2013, 14:47

I am zero sum because my VAC is more than my SISIP and thus did not bother with submitting medicals for LTD past 2 years as I would not get anything anyway and therefore I get only 2 years retro as I am not TPI. I am in the process of appealing the decision on my own but was told that I had to wait for the Judges decision on Legal Fee's which has nothing to due with deciding if I am TPI. I am concerned that if I am deemed TPI the Law Firm will charge me Legal Fee's on the retro going back from current date to the first day after the 24 month period.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum