Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the Law Firm acting on behalf of class members with regard to appealing SISIP's decision for non TPI due to the member not submitting medical documentation at the 18 and 24 month period due to their VAC amount being more than their SISIP amount?

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is the Law Firm acting on behalf of class members with regard to appealing SISIP's decision for non TPI due to the member not submitting medical documentation at the 18 and 24 month period due to their VAC amount being more than their SISIP amount? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the Law Firm acting on behalf of class members with regard to appealing SISIP's decision for non TPI due to the member not submitting medical documentation at the 18 and 24 month period due to their VAC amount being more than their SISIP amount?

Post by Guest Mon 08 Apr 2013, 16:53

as far as 4% retro where are people coming up with monies going forward I do not see that anywhere what I see is 8% on retro nothing on going forward, Teen help me out here buddy

Back to top Go down

Is the Law Firm acting on behalf of class members with regard to appealing SISIP's decision for non TPI due to the member not submitting medical documentation at the 18 and 24 month period due to their VAC amount being more than their SISIP amount? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the Law Firm acting on behalf of class members with regard to appealing SISIP's decision for non TPI due to the member not submitting medical documentation at the 18 and 24 month period due to their VAC amount being more than their SISIP amount?

Post by 1993firebird Mon 08 Apr 2013, 16:52

I hope that I do not have to pay legal fee's but if I have to because the Law Firm fought to get me deemed TPI by SISIP then the small amount of legal fee's for two more years retro will be worth paying to get a monthly amount from SISIP for the next 22 years.

Very Happy

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Apr 2013, 16:50

1993FB I am somewhat confused but having been deemed TPI myself i was only deemed TPI while I was a recipient of a LTD Benefit paid by SISIP after being reinstated by SISIP in Oct 2012 therefore I will pay 8% lawyer fees and I believe but I may be wrong but I understand that even after May 0f 2012 there was an additional time period added for new class members to opt out or be added. By being medically released 3(b) you become a member of the class action, you could have opted out. Many have did as you stated and didn't co-operate with SISIP but they have since been added or like Teen Titan said they must go through a 3rd party adjudicator. Hope this makes sense but if you have any concerns contact SISIP directly 1-855-370-0025 class action number.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 08 Apr 2013, 16:48

I do not know the answer but neither do you so ask yourself why do you answer with yes I will have to pay 8% on money that is not part of the $888 million settlement. I paid 4% on the retro that I am getting and another 4% taken from my retro for going forward payments of LTD when I am not getting any going forward payments because I am not TPI. So when does the statue of limitations end with the class action Lawsuit.? 5 years from now , 10 years from now. That makes no sense , anything after the May 2012 decision to stop the clawback should be considered new. I am just putting the thoughts out there , not asking for an answer from anyone here.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Apr 2013, 16:39

firebird,
I f the person is part of the class, and wins his appeal two years from now, I think that the fees would apply on any retro going back.
If the person is not part of the class, then I would think no.
Just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 08 Apr 2013, 16:34

You clearly do not understand. What if a person appeals there TPI decision two years from now. Does the Law Firm still get legal fee's when the $888 million settlement does not include that persons money entitlement right now because they are not TPI right now and therefore not getting LTD benefits going forward.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 08 Apr 2013, 16:30

I am talking about not sending medical information to SISIP at the 18 and 24 month period after medical release because my VAC pension was more than my SISIP top up to 75% of my final salary , therefore I got nothing during the first two years and if I was determined TPI I would still get nothing after the first two years because of the clawback. But now the clawback is over and retro was rewarded and I am paying 8% legal fee's on the two years retro but I am appealing my non TPI decision now by myself by giving SISIP medical information that I had back then but did not give them because there was no point. My retro for the first two years in part of the $888 million settlement but any amount after that is not part of the settlement and therefore should not be going through the Law Firm unless I ask for the help with my appeal.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Apr 2013, 16:24

so its before May 2012. Like I said before you would not be getting anything if it was not for the class action, so you will pay fees

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 08 Apr 2013, 16:21

Right now I get 2 years retro , the first two years after medical release.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 08 Apr 2013, 16:19

That money is not part of the $888 million.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 08 Apr 2013, 16:18

I sent the documents to SISIP directly just a couple of months ago not before the settlement decision to stop the clawback in May 2012.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next