Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food for Thought re:214 Files

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Food for Thought re:214 Files - Page 2 Empty Re: Food for Thought re:214 Files

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 11:23

LOL
So true

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 06 May 2013, 09:59

Who wants to bet that Dennis is one of the 214? If he is, there goes the whole notion of random selection.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 22:17

Thanks 02, my mind is at ease now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 18:59

Trooper I know for sure that we can claim 100% of the legal fees as a direct deduction front he gross amount,..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 17:38

Greatfoot, did you by any chance mention, our ability to claim Legal fees to your accountant source ? I am getting mixed signals about this by CRA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 17:20

I suspect that, from our perspective, most of the files are 'simple', but that from their perspective, most of the files are 'complex'.

Just my thoughts, there's no such thing as 'simple' or 'easy' when it comes to government, and there is a distinct lack of common sense as well.

They could care less if they pay us, and they are in no rush, court order or no court order. Even the smallest of discrepancies will give them grounds for delay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 16:35

Will's, I'm mystified also, that Manulife has only processed 214 of our claims for April, so for the Month of May only 214 members will receive retro. I thought that Manulife would have been all over this. Maybe it's just a cautious step on there part for the first batch out, who knows, the next batch better be a much higher number, or were in for a long wait to receive our retro.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 15:55

Bigrex, i agree. Most of the files should be very simple and SISIP could have, would have, or maybe already have figured out what most of us are owed. I have a strong accounting background and if i was the person in charge of this fiasco i would have started figuring out funds owed back last july and would simply have to press ENTER for the finalized report for the "easy' files. Really, it should be that simple unless they are seeking doctor's notes, reports etc and/or trying to find or deal with those of us that fell through the cracks. Maybe I am over-simplifying , who knows???

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sun 05 May 2013, 14:55

jaxk...I was paying back an overpayment at a rate of $50 per month, since 1995 ish. I cannot remember for sure but every year I would get the letter from sisip asking for more post-dated cheques for this repayment. I think I kept every raise I got from VAC!, and Cpp-d.

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 May 2013, 12:06

I do not recall receiving that kind money from SISIP - I also seemed to be paying SISIP back money - not nice Mad
All I can do now is wait and see what I get.
Something is better then nothing at all Smile
Thank you for the reply,
John

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 04 May 2013, 21:04

Actually Jaxk, the money spent for schooling has nothing to do with the retro. The LTD portion is the 75% of your pre-release pay. In your case you did recieve some SISIP for 3 years, minus VAC pension and CF pension. But as long as your amount was not totally reduced to zero, it is simple as returning the exact amount of your VAC pension. I'm in that boat. I received SISIP LTD for 24 months, during that time they deducted my 45% VAC pension, and my 30% CF pension, leaving me with around $800 per month for SISIP. So that means when they calculate my retro, they simply refund the $1426/month for year one and $1474/ month for year 2.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 May 2013, 14:06

Every Case File is the same; complex, as the person who you where then and who you are now.

Thank you,
John

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sat 04 May 2013, 13:54

I suppose every file is as important and complex as the last. It is just a matter of adding and subtracting, but the manpower to do this is the tricky part. One would assume that all amounts would have been done from last may to this may. I can't understand why or even if they waited.

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 May 2013, 13:35

Released in 95 - SISIP money stopped once I refused to apply for CCPD 98- never received much from SISIP because of the VAC Pension and CF Pension for 11 years of service - always had to pay back the wide majority of money received from SISIP - SISIP paid for the majority of my Schooling from 98 to 2001 but not all - I paid off my Student Loan in 2010 - but I never received any monthly payments from SISIP during my School years or after - employed with part time jobs during 97 to 2005 - employed full time since 2005 - medical condition getting worse as the years go on

There is nothing simple about the small fishes here.
No doubt the majority of 7500 are in the same boat.

Thank you
John

Last edited by jaxk on Sat 04 May 2013, 13:55; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sat 04 May 2013, 12:07

Going back to release in 1989...worked off and on, when I could, never getting full time or much pay, but probably enough to cause some accounting anxiety. Also Cpp-D from 1997 to present. So perhaps you are right. We would be the complex files here. I hope they can meet the court ordered time frame.
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next