Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food for Thought re:214 Files

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Food for Thought re:214 Files - Page 3 Empty Re: Food for Thought re:214 Files

Post by bigrex Sat 04 May 2013, 09:53

Actually most are cut and dry. SISIP knows exactly how much all non zero sum clients are owed, because they received the leftover funds. With the zero sums, they have to determine if they were totally disabled, how much of the claw back amount is owed, because it will NOT be 100%, and also find out if there has been any employment income since their release that they can deduct. So the Bigger the fish, the more complex the file. They will not save on interest owing by holding up 6000 files at an average of $50000 each, to process 1000 Vets owed $300000
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 21:27

yes im sure in the minds of the GOC they are small fish and may get paid after the big fish but i still think moast are cut and dry and aside from the ones that cant work and are fighting for future payments the GOC will not try to slip out of paying them.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 21:27

To put things in perspective, I don't think SISIP is prioritizing anybody. I think is a random file by file. Or perhaps, I am holding out for common sense to dictate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 21:07

I'm not trying to put anyone down here, but aren't 24-month people, relatively speaking, small fish? That is to say, a 24-month person isn't really sitting on a whole lot of interest penalty. The big fish, those with big pay outs, are sitting on huge interest penalties. When I say interest penalties, I mean, the 5% that the GoC owes to us for the delays. In that light, one big fish's penalty is more than a little fish's entire payout, and in that perspective, I can see the GoC wanting to get the big fishes off the hook first, and pushing the little fishes to the end of the line.

I'm not trying to make enemies here, we all deserve our money, and we all deserve it one year and two days ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 20:53

greatfoot i think moast of the 24 month guys are cut and dry as moast have moved on to other jobs and either will not ore can not be declaired tpi.hence moast have no dispute so they will be paid what they are owed for that 24 months by judges order.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 20:49

In the court decision it stated they could take extra time for the cases that needed verification and that doesn't even count the arbitrator if your case has to go there your looking at some real extra time because I have a feeling everyone and anyone who spent anytime in the forces will be trying to get something. I was told from M at sisip like 4 months ago that all the reinstated people and people receiving a monthly financial benefit would be first. So , Greatfoot , I have also that gut feeling, I think you may be right.

Back to top Go down

Food for Thought re:214 Files - Page 3 Empty Food for Thought re:214 Files

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 20:29

If I recall correctly, GoC/SISIP/MC have six months to sort out those files that do NOT involve disputes, arbitration or incomplete data.

Given that there are supposed to be approximately 7500 cases to date, how many do you really believe are cut and dried, so to speak. I would hazard that only those that are currently still receiving the SISIP LTD benefit are 'cut and dried'. Insofar as all the rest, and that includes the 24-months, as far as I can see, they are NOT cut and dried, that the GoC/SISIP will endeavour to make the process as arduous as possible, court order or no court order. The GoC is going to try and slip out of paying as many as possible.

I'm not trying to troll or be a dark cloud, but the way I see it, only those still receiving benefits are 'solid'.

So how many of the 7500 or so are still receiving benefits? I seem to recall seeing it posted somewhere around here that there are about 1200. 214 is a rough approximate of 1/6th of 1200. The other 6300 are going to have to fight to get what is rightfully theirs.

Sorry folks, just the way I see it playing out, I have no hard facts or data to back-up my assumptions, just a gut feeling and experience from dealing with bureaucrats.

Thoughts and opinions are welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3