Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Definition of Abbreviations (help to understand some of the gobbilty goop)

Go down

Definition of Abbreviations (help to understand some of the gobbilty goop) Empty Re: Definition of Abbreviations (help to understand some of the gobbilty goop)

Post by Guest Tue 11 Feb 2014, 20:08

updated to reflect new tax lingo

Back to top Go down

Definition of Abbreviations (help to understand some of the gobbilty goop) Empty Re: Definition of Abbreviations (help to understand some of the gobbilty goop)

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 09:50

not a problem remind them that many are told by their CMs at dva that PA guys are not entitled like they told me.THIS IS ABSALUTLY UNTRUE!!!!!tell them not to stop fighting for the applications until they get them.i fought and it took me many months to get my CM to even admit i was allowed to apply then more BS after that.long story but in short i have a new CM got my applications and currently in recipt of benifits.

tell them to report abuse to anyone and everyone that will listen the second it happens it will speed things up.

allways question athority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 09:09

any and all help in this matter Propat my brother is greatly appreciated as i have a few good men asking questions and I do not want to release them down the wrong road.
Thanks Buddy
whoahhhhhhhhhhhhha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 08:19

oh old and new are allowed to apply.you need to have ELB to ally for PIA and PIA to apply for the supplement.your rehab to qualify for ELB as in my case can simply be seeing the same doctors you are now currantly seeing.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 08:15

robbie they are talking about the PIA witch is graded.the suplement is not but they are indexed so now the numbers are a little differant for example for 2013 the supplement is arround $1025.00.

hope this helps

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 07:37

I need clarity here troops so be patient and helpful Thanks
Vol. 145, No. 28 — July 9, 2011
Regulations Amending the Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Regulations
(2) Permanent impairment Allowance supplement (PIA)Taxable
The permanent impairment allowance recognizes the lost opportunity effects that a permanent and severe impairment has on employment and career progression opportunities. It is a monthly financial benefit, payable for life, to Canadian Forces veterans who suffer from a permanent and severe impairment for which they have been approved for rehabilitation and are entitled to a disability award or disability pension.
This proposed amendment will add $1,000 per month to provide additional financial support to the most seriously ill or injured recipients of the permanent impairment allowance who are totally and permanently incapacitated, which is defined in section 6 of the Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Regulations as unable to engage in “suitable gainful employment” as a result of the condition for which they are approved for rehabilitation. “Suitable gainful employment” is employment that provides at least 66 2/3% of the veteran’s monthly pre-release military salary.
It is recognized that severely injured Canadian Forces veterans experience loss of employment potential and diminished career progression, resulting in a greater need for additional financial supports. The additional $1,000 per month will ensure that those individuals who are unable to work or work at the same capacity will receive additional monthly support.
Argument for clarity sakes, can someone confirm that this supplement is in fact a non-graded supplement: meaning you will receive a supplement up to but not over 1000.00 dollars per month as I received an email from the Canadian Veterans Advocacy stating 3 grades ranging from 1600 to 543 dollars but I believe this to be something to do with Prisoner of War benefits. And confirm that both the new and old VC’s are included within this supplement, also do you have to be enrolled, completed or attempted VocRehab to qualify. Way to many acronyms used by these organizations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 May 2013, 12:48

Good add RR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 May 2013, 07:18

If you are having problems understanding definitions and getting confused with what is what and who gives this, what are the requirements then follow the link below and research the References,

1) Totally and Permanently Incapacitated

References

Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Act section 11, subsection 18(4), section 20, and subsection 38(3).

Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Regulations section 6.

Rehabilitation Program Plan

Rehabilitation Services and Vocational Assistance - Eligibility

Earnings Loss Benefits - General

Permanent Impairment Allowance and PIA Supplement

Supplementary Retirement Benefits - General
http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/department/policy/document/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 08 May 2013, 02:45

BOB=SISIP

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 May 2013, 00:57

BOB = Business of Bullshit

Back to top Go down

Definition of Abbreviations (help to understand some of the gobbilty goop) Empty Definition of Abbreviations (help to understand some of the gobbilty goop)

Post by Guest Wed 08 May 2013, 00:06

With over 2000 views this does not deserve to be buried in the cemetery. Thought this might help to make things a little easier for people to understand things here in the forums.
I'm sure it is not complete so feel free to correct or add anything that I may have missed. Also please keep it clean.

1-855-370-0025: Phone number to Manulife financial for info regarding zero sum clients
CFIS: Canadian Forces Income Support Benefit
CFSA: Canadian Forces Superannuation Act
CL Project: Class Action Lawsuit Project
COLA: Cost Of Living Allowance
CPP D: Canadian Pension Plan disability
CPI: Consumer Price Index
CM: Case Manager
CRA: Canada Revenue Agency
CVLA: Canadian Veterans Legal Advocacy (http://cvla.canadian-forum.com/)
DoJ: Department of Justice
DTC: Disability Tax Credit/Certificate
EIA: Exceptional Incapacity Allowance
ELB: Earnings loss Benefit.... An income replacement program that ensures your income does not fall below 75% of your gross pre-release military salary.
FCE:Functional Capacity Evaluation
FYI: For Your Info
GIS: Guaranteed Income Supplement
GoC: Government of Canada
HoC: House of Commons
List: A list of members identified by SISIP to be zero sum members
LTD: Long Term Disability
Manulife Financial : Name of company that is the insurer of the insurance policy
McInnis Cooper: Name of law firm representing the members of the class action
MFRC: Military Family Resource Centre
NVC: New Veterans Charter
NVCAG:New Veterans Charter Advisory Group
OAS: Old Age Security
OSFI: Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions
OSI: Operational Stress Injury
OSISS: Operational Stress Injury Social Support
OVO: Office of the Veterans Ombudsman 1-877-330-4343
PIA: Permanent Impairment Allowance
QRLSP: Qualifying Retroactive Lump Sump Payments
RC4288 ~ Request for Taxpayer Relief (if applicable) http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/rc4288/
RDSP: registered disability savings plan
SISIP: Service Income Security Insurance Plan
SISIP FS: Service Income Security Insurance Plan Financial Services
SitRep: Situation Report
SNAG: Special Needs Advisory Group
SRB: Supplementary Retirement Benefit
T1198 : Statement of Qualifying Retroactive Lump-Sum Payment http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t1198/README.html
T4 : Statement of Remuneration Paid
T5 : Statement of Investment Income
TO: Tax Ombudsman Number is 1 866-586-3839.
TB: Treasury Board
TPI: Totally and permanently incapacitated
VAC: Veterans Affairs Canada
VIP: Veterans Independence Program
VRAB: Veterans Review and Appeal Board
WCP: Workman's Compensation Program
WVA: War Veterans Allowance
Zero Sum: a term given to members of SISIP that were qualified to receive a pension from SISIP
ltd but got zero sum because their VAC disability pension brought their income higher than 75% of
their pre release income.

Last edited by LTD4me on Tue 11 Feb 2014, 16:43; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down