Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help me understand

+2
pinger
prawnstar
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Help me understand Empty Re: Help me understand

Post by Guest Fri 13 Feb 2015, 20:28

no problem buds sorry you really had to spell that out for me im kinda like that lol. but that was only mostly me a small part is the convoluted DVA rules and regs.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Fri 13 Feb 2015, 20:13

THANKS for the info

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Fri 13 Feb 2015, 20:11

propat I was awarded 20% special duty area

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Feb 2015, 20:10

ahhh yup that's true buds they cannot pay you more than 100% total PA and NVC combined and they pay be award granted first not by date of submission. not sure what avenues you have to change that.

sorry buds wish I had better news.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Fri 13 Feb 2015, 20:04

Also another point on this is that while I was waiting for there decision on the reflux claim two other claims I had put in came back in my favor thus putting me at the 100% mark now these two claims fell under the NVC lump sum payment so there explanation to me there would be no increase in my monthly pension due to the fact that I was at 100% even though I had put my claim in prior to 2006 for reflux this is why they paid retro

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Feb 2015, 20:01

ok buds I got ya now. sorry it kinda looked like you were saying they gave you a lump sum our bad.

some small pensions don't receive a monthly award I think its either less than 2.5% ore 2.5% or less cant recall witch one could even be less that 5 % would have to look that one up. . what % was this particular award for????

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 13 Feb 2015, 19:58

RIFLEMAN,

Sorry, I mistook you for prawns post, thought prawn had your situation. However rifleman, what you say is very clear to me. An injury or application prior to NVC is PA. There was someone on this site that missed their disability application datestamp by one day. No PA for them and they missed the boat.

You submit an application prior to NVC for an injury? It stands under the old PA and that's old news.
However, if you are denied you re-apply and any approval is retroed to the time you submit it.

All the way up to 2006? How retro or prior was the injury or reflex? Same year or 8 years back?

It can be very confusing because everyones situation/dynamic is different and things keep changing... pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Fri 13 Feb 2015, 18:17

This injury was prior to NVC. application was done prior to NVC. however vac did not make a decision on my claim until the NVC came into effect April 2006 it just seem very weird to me that they gave me retro payment all the way up to 2006 it was not a lump some payment it was retro. Am I missing something here THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 13 Feb 2015, 16:50

Hey prawn,

Don't be discouraged inspite of goc/dva and their baby shyte.

Re: reflux. Teen wrote "Unless it is a 'consequential' injury releated to your original injury under the PA any new injuries going forward from 2006 will be dealt with under the NVC."
100% correct. Been there and done it. 2006 is cut and dried (subject to change:) pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Fri 13 Feb 2015, 14:35

Thanks Teen. I was expecting the same, even break even but nothing like this fester f@ck. I know I have to be patient but what pisses me off is when you owe them money it's right now. They owe me money and it's no we don't. Then I have to fight for what is rightly mine.Did you receive payment for this 2014 budget implementation act? Mine was for benefits paid under the PA in calculation of ELB from May-Sep 2012. This one time payment is what they have paid me twice in the last 3 weeks. Friggen aholes.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 13 Feb 2015, 14:05

Good move on calling the OVO...now that you called them an investigator will be assigned and depending on how convaluted it is (and this looks like the FUBAR of 2015) it could take up to a month.

I know it's easy for us to say relax but in all honesty we are not in your shoes. So how about try to relax.

FYI when I got my CPPD it was the same amount and after calling pension and VAC I came out with $118.00.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Fri 13 Feb 2015, 13:48

I have received 18k from CPPD. I notified DND pension and VAC ELB. I have gotten two letters back both saying I been over payed by 18k. So where do I go from here. VAC says they don't know what DND does and DND says they don't know what VAC does and CPP knows nothing of both. So confused. Do I owe them both 18k?

UPDATE
I just spent half an hour typing an update on this and it's gone. Fracken thing. So I got a letter from VAC stating I owed them almost 19k from the 18k I received from CPPD. Their math sucks. DND recovered the bridging portion of my pension which was 6k. I informed VAC of this and they said I still owe them almost 19k which they started recovery action at $350 a month for the next 54 months. I demanded an explanation so they sent me this statement of benefits form that you need a CPA to read. They stated they had made a mistake and they owed me over 6k. Logically one would think OK DND took off 6k VAC takes 12 which would equal the 18k I got from CPPD. WRONG. They still say I owe them almost 19k and took the 6k they said they owed me and applied it to the almost 19k they initially said I owed them. WTF is going on here. I keep getting facked around by these effen knobs. I had not touched the CPPD money so I paid out DND right away and told VAC I wanted to liquidate the amount I "owed" them in one payment which was just under 19k. So the 18k from CPPD winds up costing me almost 25k. No I am not kidding or losing my mind but I am about to blow a gasket here. Tired of dealing with these aholes and getting me all facked up. i have filed a complaint with the OVO. How long does it usually take to get an answer from them? Another thing is this one time payment of $1445.54 I have received TWICE. So I will repay that before they even notice they facked up. Fed up with this crap. This CPPD thing has caused me so much anxiety I wish I hadn't gotten it. I know it will benefit me at 65 but in the meantime WTF can I do?

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Feb 2015, 13:22

Ok Teen,

Now I get it - key words - not appealing by the deadline to appeal - which now makes it a new application.

Good info there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 13 Feb 2015, 13:13

I don't think I explained myself correctly. Though the application went in in 2004 I am going to assume it was not a consequential injury to his pensioned condition under the PA.

Yes he can appeal that the original application went in prior to 2006 but if it was not appealed in 2004 by the applicant it is a "case closed" application after 30 business days from the denial letter.

Fast forward to 2015 and the injury is considered service related. It is now considered a "new" application and it is decided under the NVC as it is not/not consequential to his PA injury.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Feb 2015, 13:06

That's right teen, that is my understanding also.

In Rifleman's case he applied two years prior to the 2006 NVC, the condition in question that he applied for remains the same -  so in his case the condition now won, would be consequential.

So it sounds like someone screwed up on his file - once Rifleman brings this to their attention, they should have no problems fixing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next