Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reply by the then Minister of Veterans Affairs Mr. Blaney

Go down

Reply by the then Minister of Veterans Affairs Mr. Blaney  Empty Re: Reply by the then Minister of Veterans Affairs Mr. Blaney

Post by Guest Thu 29 Aug 2013, 08:25

I think you nailed it on the head but one thing is for sure for the general election that is not so far away they will not be able to hide behind this crap but stand in front of the public disabled vets included and try and convince the Canadian people why they should get elected. Will be setting up a Face book page putting out the idea of a National protest just before election day. Myself and another disabled vet protested during the last election in 2011 and handed out Military and RCMP issues needing to be addressed to a lot of people. Well Kingston which was supposed to go Conservative stayed Liberal and they got the shit kicked out of them in that election which tells you people were listening in Kingston. The Conservative candidate here lost by 2000 votes and it was a clear message as to what to disabled vets can accomplish. Imagine disabled vets nationally what they could accomplish protesting at the next election? It boggles the mind. Like I have said if this is not a reason for unity I do not know what is. Oh by the way BigRex you are not kidding cause the name suites you. Regards Eric

Back to top Go down

Reply by the then Minister of Veterans Affairs Mr. Blaney  Empty Re: Reply by the then Minister of Veterans Affairs Mr. Blaney

Post by bigrex Wed 28 Aug 2013, 22:43

Harper will never allow his Cronies to admit anything, claiming that it is a matter of Operation Security. But he isn't concerned about military operation security, it's the Tories OpSec he is protecting, which will allow them to avoid their responsibilities when the Shite hits the fans later down the road. So he hides behind excuses like OpSec and Cabinet confidentiality, while those who had boots on the ground are left fighting for services.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Reply by the then Minister of Veterans Affairs Mr. Blaney  Empty Reply by the then Minister of Veterans Affairs Mr. Blaney

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 21:14

The following is the link to Mr. Blaney's reply to me in regards to the issues I raised with him during my personal meeting with him last Fall and follow up letter posted here on RCMP and Police Services. He really did some skating like the good Conservative he is.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8SGiOlXB8-vUFBpakItczNFOVU/edit?usp=sharing

Of course the then Minister of Veterans Affairs Mr. Blaney skated around the majority of the issues I raised. Form him to say that the RCMP have access to the Occupational Stress Injury Social Support Program OSISS is false. The OSISS program has an open door for the RCMP and RCMP vets but the RCMP withdrew in 2010 from becoming a partner in the program and DOES NOT FUND OSISS period. Very slick but not slick enough!!

Recently the new Minister of VAC Mr. Fantino who was the former Chief of Police for the Toronto Police Service and former Commissioner of the OPP had a press release and for the first time mentioned the RCMP, Military in the same sentence with the word Veteran. Mr. Fantino also acknowledged for the first time the participation of Canadian Police Services who are needed to supplement the RCMP volunteers to go on Mission to Afghanistan and other Special Duty areas because of shortage of manpower. Well this is an interesting change from the last guy I would say. If the Canadian Government requests volunteers from the RCMP and Canadian Police Services to be trained and equipped along with C7 rifles by the Canadian Military especially during the combat mission in Afghanistan are they not considered veterans considering the RCMP was showing its paramilitary roots? Its a fact that the RCMP and Police Services worked closely with the Canadian Military and Afghan National Police in the Forward Operating Bases. Little is known about this expanded roll during the combat mission because Harper refused to acknowledge them who were also in harms way.

I have to say it was a bit satisfying to get an admission from Blaney in his personal handwriting confirming what has been forgotten, that a North West Mounted Policeman, Sgt A.L. Richardson Reg. number 3058 was the first British Colonial to receive the Victoria Cross for Valour under fire at the Battle of Wolv Spruit 1900 during the Boer War. The very first and the first to be forgotten that he was still with the NWMP along with the multitude of NWMP volunteers who formed the Lord Strathcona Horse which was led by L/Col. Sam Steele also from the NWMP. Well here is to the truth once again brought again to the foreground.

Eric Rebiere (Former Cst. RCMP 37515 LSGC and Military Veteran)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down