Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need some advice

+2
bigrex
dzanzio
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

need some advice - Page 2 Empty Re: need some advice

Post by dzanzio Thu 05 Sep 2013, 12:39

thank you sparrow, i wish i was more knowledgeable in all this stuff like you guys are, but this is one of my best friends and he is so banged up from a jump we did and he really deserves to be part of this lawsuit and i was on the same jump as him when he got hurt...i just dont know why they are treating him like this....robbie were on the same jump..it was a full equipment jump and there were injuries all over the drop zone in borden, the ground was frozen solid and no snow...luckily i didnt get hurt but thats probably because i landed like a bag of shit lol
dzanzio
dzanzio
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Sep 2013, 20:13

Right on Anzio jumping into Bordon did suck my first tree adding lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Sep 2013, 18:20

dzanzio, your willingness to help your friend and do what you can is heartwarming.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by dzanzio Wed 04 Sep 2013, 15:08

hey robbie...he is telling me everything because we did a jump into borden and he busted up his pelvis on that jump and was in the hospital for months, and right after that he was medically released...i just sent him an e mail telling him to call the burneau group...thanks everyone for your advice
dzanzio
dzanzio
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Sep 2013, 13:14

Since the class action is going back to 1976 I do not see how this would not apply to your buddy Anzio. Even saying that all soldiers had Great West Life , Manulife or whatever one being the appropriate Life Insurance through DND. If your buddy was medically released and he was told through electronic or written correspondence via MC and SISIP that he is or was a member of the class action then if they are now backtracking he really needs to get ahold of the adjudicator. The only way he would not be eligible is if he was given a dishonourable discharge, his injuries are not service related and he gained employment directly after his release and does not qualify through the standard means under the SISIP CLASS ACTION criteria or meaning within. It sounds as though something is missing here buddy wish I could put my finger on it, unless your buddy is feeding you a line of not so tasteful buddy wash lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Sep 2013, 13:14

well I do know that prior to 99 there was no automatic 2 years of SISIP but im not sure I can help beyond that without knowing all of his particulars.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by dzanzio Wed 04 Sep 2013, 11:42

hey guys, sorry to go on about this but my friend just called dan wallace and he was told that he does not qualify because he was released before 1999...is that true
dzanzio
dzanzio
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dzanzio Mon 02 Sep 2013, 18:44

i gave him the contact number for the burneau group...hopefully they can help him...
dzanzio
dzanzio
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HAPPYCRAZY Mon 02 Sep 2013, 18:40

All the above are correct,3a, 3b release IS intilal to rehab trainnig. and all other programs from SISIP. And if you've collected to much from the above they take back, ( CF pension. CPP, DVA, SISIP etc ) Know matter whatever you collected You have the right to apply, funny thing is they have know problem asking you for your money you got from some other places IF YOU GO OVER 75% MARK LOL LOL LOL. when one ret's from CAF 3B 3A ETC, You stop paying for cpp,uic,sap SISIP, the list is long and dists. DON'T STOP KEEP GOING WITH THE FIGHT We all had to fight the good fight to live with or without sisip pay ck lol lol lol, Boy if i could only collect from sisip for evey excus they give too just about everybody, i'd be the richest soldier on the planet. God speed, SOME Things never change at all with SISIP.
HAPPYCRAZY
HAPPYCRAZY
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:33

Navrat wrote:I wonder why the law firm said they couldn't help, that's what the legal. Fees are for?

And what the adjudication process is intended for ~ to have an impartial third party make any determinations on complicated cases such as this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 12:11

I wonder why the law firm said they couldn't help, that's what the legal. Fees are for?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2013, 11:33

This is why I return time and again. Being part of Veterans helping Veterans, who else would or could but one another.

Back to top Go down

Post by dzanzio Mon 02 Sep 2013, 11:08

hey dee cee, thanks for that info, it is encouraging to hear what you just said...
dzanzio
dzanzio
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeCee Mon 02 Sep 2013, 10:17

Hey DZ, He should be included! I was 3b in 2006. During release procedures I was told I made to much (pensionn and VAC) and was SOL. Then this past Feb, I got ahold of SISIP and told them to send me the paperwork I was legally entitled to on release. I got the forms for my Doc, filled them in and guess what, 6 weeks later I was reinstated. I was reimbursed by SISIP in Apr and by the law firm in early Aug. Tell your buds to get his butt in gear. P.S. we all stop paying SISIP on release, he is no different.
DeeCee
DeeCee
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by dzanzio Mon 02 Sep 2013, 07:42

it just seems strange because he was getting all the correspondence from mc since this all started and he called manulife not to long ago to ask a few questions and they told him he wasnt part of the lawsuit with no explanation why...but thanks for your help and advice everyone, much appreciated
dzanzio
dzanzio
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next