Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP!!!!

5 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

HELP!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: HELP!!!!

Post by Guest Wed 25 Sep 2013, 12:09

Yes I understand that. But the reason they released me wasn't because " the program was complete" wouldn't it seem weird to only get two weeks notice?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 25 Sep 2013, 11:42

Supreme, unfortunately, I don't think you have much to stand on. VAC hasn't recognized your PTSD, or have been deemed TPI, so the ELB was going to cease at some point. Even your statement that you were job hunting will go against you since EELB is intended for those Veterans who's disabilities keep them from working, and Income Support is the program designed for those who are finding it difficult to find a job. At this point, the only chance you have of reinstating your monthly benefit, is to request an appeal, and have a doctor say that you are TPI due to your physical disabilities, as well as have a functionality test performed by an approved OT that supports this finding before your hearing. Plus the CF income support program isn't that bad, especially since it is tax free. A single Vet received $1406, a married Vet got $2133 plus $328 for each child. So for a married Vet with 2 kids, the tax free CFIS could put more money in his pocket than ELB after taxes and deductions from other sources.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Sep 2013, 11:27

Nav, there's not plenty of work buds. Most have to go on there own. And ambulance chasing is not allowed and against the professional rules of conduct. Even have to be careful how one advertises...we don't live in the U.S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Sep 2013, 11:24

I am wondering if Vac considers being a lawyer a conclusion of the rehab because in their eyes they probably consider a lawyer a career where there is plenty of work

Back to top Go down

HELP!!!! - Page 4 Empty Clash of the Titans!

Post by Guest Wed 25 Sep 2013, 11:20

This is the beginning of a continued extended battle for you.  Good luck in your quest. I think the big issue for them is you became and studied to be a lawyer, I assume also admitted to the bar in Ontario. One of the least respected fields in the country. On the list of "trusted professions" lawyers tied with used car salesmen.
They may be saying at "VAC" well well well,"How could you become all this  ( Lawyer,2 or more degrees,veterans legal advocate,gifted speaker/writer,father,husband) with major mental/physical health issues?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Sep 2013, 11:01

That's ok Nav, I'll fight them!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Sep 2013, 10:51

That Hamilton office can be cruel, they don't bother me and that's how I want to keep it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Sep 2013, 10:47

Supreme , I believe you should forward this post to Chris Charlton our member of parl, plus to Peter Stoffer because to many stories come out about reprucussions when veterans say what Vac doesn't like to hear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Sep 2013, 10:19

Ok, here goes. I am in constant pain. Before my protest...I took 3 Tylenol 3's and was baked because I normally can't stand or sit for 5 hours like I did yesterday. Thoracic, lumbar, left hip, left knee. So my story. I've been helping vets since 2009, been on elb for 5 years, therapy for 5 years on and off for psych. I stayed in my house for 2-3 years and didn't socialize, go anywhere. Vac treated me for depression etc the normal stuff everyone has vac said it had to do with injuries and not triggers and PTSD. Psych doc said there were signs, but vac denied his minimal shitty reports. So I never actually put a claim in but being green and no fight I listened to my case manager...started my upgrading, seeing dr's for back hip knee and mind. Went to law school...throughout the period...I would also go to hearings on behalf of veterans, vac and Vrab would obviously see this and I told my case manager I was helping Vets. At times she questioned as to why I am and her superiors told her it was to stop, as I was close to my case manager at the time, she told me she was getting heat and that a disabled vet shouldn't be going to hearings while the same vet is being treated. That I think is the reason they didn't allow or even consider PTSD, because my case manager at one point said " you don't have PTSD, your functioning to good. (Bullshit) to say the least. There would be times where she would mention " why are you going to these hearings". So I had my own review and appeal hearings...3 withing 2 months. I lost all 3 of them with strong medical evidence along with excellent litigation skills, even the bpa lawyer couldn't believe it. Yet I was losing each one...scratching my head I dug in and did some work. Well the results ended up (after pissing John larlee off severely) dealing with ombudsmans office and many other people as to why these hearings just didn't seem right and a no as to an answer was truly unjustified. Till one day!!!!!! I got a call a year nd a half ago from a certain MP and that person said " Shane, I can't tell you who, I can't tell you why, but your being black balled because someone has out a red flag up and is high up in the GOC...and they're out to destroy you" I was like, ya right ok...the person said " someone has it out for you" do at that point I think I knew who it was but still did what I was doing. Now as for elb. My case manager was on extended sick leave for 8 weeks up until 2 weeks ago, I had been dealing with a stand in but called her with no response. My normal case manager called prior to going on sick leave and I had spoke to her and told her I was looking for a job close to home, niagara because I cannot drive or sit on a go train for so long with my disabilities...or sit in Toronto traffic. The niagara region is one of the most depressed areas in southern Ontario for work. I hadn't found work here, but I did start assisting a wsib person and helping pro bono...not accepting a dime..and vac, in my opinion, can't cut me off for helping someone in need as I've never made a dime off a veteran or person. Anyway my case manager, calls me up two weeks ago...says your rehab plan is done, your payments are done, good luck! I said what are you talking about? I can't find work...I said can I open my own practice and report any wages or retainers and they give me 6 months on my own, to get clients and what not...she said no...I said this is bullshit. I will lose $3000 a month and I will lose everything. She giggled on the phone, then I got pissed off...I said I will see her outside vac...that's it that's all. Throughout the time on voc, I helped vets...I represented them, I called vac on there behalf...this is what I got... One shouldn't be released and told have a nice life if they haven't found work. Who's going to hire in a legal field a person that ha to disclose that they have 3 medical issues and then there's the PTSD that I'm now told I have severe for 20 years. Craziness how they can just dump me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Sep 2013, 08:07

What a crock of shite, VAC assisting one veteran and turning on another what the fack is going on. Any veteran that suffers any physical or psychological impairment must be given the ability to perform any form of Theraphy to allow for a quality of life that is not payable by a monthly benefit or gratuity. In any language the rights and freedoms of any disabled veteran have been placed in an entitlement box with boundaries imposed by VAC Case Managers that are allowed to question the professional health care support of our injured veterans. If Mr.Fantino was actually doing his job in support of our disabled veterans he should hav been there with you Supreme and he should have had the CM with him offering either an explanation or an apology. I offer you an apology from all disabled veterans in that I could not be there for you, in one sense I am glad I was not because to be honest it would have been far from peaceful. My heart goes out to you and your family and regardless of ideals morals or ethics you are my brother. Good luck soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Sep 2013, 00:36

Good questions Rex...some things need to be answered. A veteran helping out another veteran for free and getting dinged for it is pretty low, even for VAC's standards...but what happened to SD isn't an isolated incident...I too was shafted bigtime by a case manager, or area counsellor...and because I spoke out about their lack of assistance and incompetence, they stripped me of a portion of my pension, PLUS, they asked my psychologist to reassess my PTSD...all in the hopes that he might give them a reply they could manipulate the wording on and take my pension away. Every pension advocate I've ever spoken with says the same thing...if you rock the boat, VAC will do everything in its power to try to reassess you and take something away. If VAC is lurking here to continue to try to screw us over...remember, your too can be replaced in your job, and personally sued if it's proven that you're up to that type of scumbag BS...who would be so low as to do that? Don't push people who have nothing left to lose...fair warning.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 25 Sep 2013, 00:12

I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just trying to think of reasons VAC would just cut someone off like they did.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 25 Sep 2013, 00:11

OK, I don't know if I missed it, but there are some key items that need to be confirmed.

1. Supreme, do you in fact have a pension/award for PTSD, or merely diagnosed with it.
2. Even if VAC recognized your PTSD, have you been deemed TPI, and approved for EELB, or was the ELB a remnant of when you went back to school.
3. If you are deemed TPI, did you inform VAC that you were going to volunteer to provide legal assistance to Veteran. If you didn't, and VAC saw this, they could assume that this legal advocacy for Veterans, as being an indicator that you are able to work, even if done for free, especially when using the education that they paid for to do it.

With what we've been talking about lately about VAC cutting off those veterans who have received ELB beyond what VAC feels they were entitled to,  and Veterans who possibly just assumed that once they finish schooling, and found themselves unable to work afterwards, that the ELB will just keep going until they turn 65. But without any actual determination of being TPI and supporting medical assessment, I can see this type of situation happening more and more, regardless of any individuals story. Now, I'm not saying what has happened is right, as it is far from right. If VAC doubted the validity of your, or any Veterans,  ELB claim and intended to cut them off, they should have to provide more notice, and allowed them the opportunity to get any appropriate paperwork to prevent any lapse in benefits.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 23:16

Thanks folks. It was a very emotional day because I exposed myself for everyone to know. And that alone was a challenge for me as I used to be behind the lines. So at least now I can speak publicly. I will be more vocal as well.I've been speaking to the legion Command, I am thinking of going to talk one on one and thinking of assisting them legally as I am told they do not have anyone that is licensed to practice law. And yes I did go through a year of upgrades just to get to be able to get a degree in law school. So you have your answers, I've earned my stripes and still fighting a disorder. I will be returning to Vac tomorrow for 1:00 PM till Vac closes. YOu are welcome to show your support. And also prove that we stand as one. I will bring the shirts I have just in case someone shows up. If not then that's fine. Now that I exposed who I am, I will be attending all events. In a legal aspect, more will be accomplished now as well as I will not be hiding. Supreme out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 21:35

Supreme, you spoke eloquently and I hope you know that we are all on your side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum