Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of November Claims

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

End of November Claims - Page 2 Empty Re: End of November Claims

Post by Guest Mon 02 Dec 2013, 13:25

To everyone that will receive payment this week I'm glad to see that you can feel the closure as well. A Happier Holidays.
I have been working a lot tis the season in retail but looking forward to a little holiday in Jan we hope. If I don't get a chance to wish you all a Marry Christmas and Happy New Year make it a Safe One chat soon all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Dec 2013, 11:21

im glad to here yours was processed but sad for the rest of the widows and dependents. this never should have happened.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Dec 2013, 10:34

I just found out from the LNVB that 48 claims were processed.
Also found out that the app will not be functioning anymore. MC ask for people to contact Annette at 902-455-8221 to see if there claims are processed.
On another note, I was told that my claim has been process. It's exciting but I also found out that some of the other widows are not processed and were told to contact SISIP on December 30th.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 20:17

Thank you Sparrow

I ask SISIP a few weeks ago, why they didn't look at all the widows and if they had a copy of the will and an executor's name, and whoever had a life insurance. That being said, the same person who received the insurance would be entitled to this settlement. I was told that it would of been a very good idea to look at it this way.
MC is aware that SISIP as told many of us widows different answers to the same questions and many times, SISIP's answers are not the truth. I also understand that SISIP are the ones in charge of this game and a GAME it is to them.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 19:15

WoV, I wanted to respond to your post for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I  sense your mounting frustration but I wanted to reassure you that MC nor Sisip would have any reason to discriminate against any group of the class action and there are independent monitors of this process that must be answered to ie Deloitte and Laura Bruneau Group. Secondly, I realize that you have been given information that seems contradictory to what you believe is the case from either party be it MC or Manulife. However, I recall that MC had to go back to court  in October I believe it was to inquire and obtain clarification and documentation to be signed for widows, dependants and estate issues. I know you have already done your due diligence and are feeling left out and I do feel for you. I just don't want you to add more anxiety to yourself thinking this delay has been deliberate on any parties agenda. If there is one piece of reassurance is that you are in the system and both MC and Manulife are aware of your file. Hopefully that will give you some reassurance that you won't be left behind. Hang in there WoV.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 19:00

Propat....... I have ask all these questions. We were part of this class action from the beginning. I was also told from the beginning that we were part of this random process.
Many people are saying that the extension was for zero sum but not sure about this one.
I was told in April by SISIP, although we were suppose to be included in this random act that we were last to be paid so I called MC right after I hung up from SISIP to ask that question and MC advised me that it wasn't true and that they would look into it and get back to me which they didn't but still denied. I contacted MC every month since because of it. I also talk to Peter a few months ago and I was told that nothing in the court order specified that a certain group had to be part of the random which I didn't understand thinking or hoping that  maybe he meant a different group. I believe SISIP was telling us widows the truth since the beginning. It should of been a red light for MC at that point that us widows were last to be paid. Even a month has pass now.....  pass the court order and still waiting.
We all think now that a group of us have been discriminated against.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 18:05

I just want my mail, anything, LOL. Not real happy with Canada post lately, my box has been empty for some time now, neighbours are saying that we are approximately two Weeks behind, because of construction. Might receive some mail next Week. I think sometimes in the future, they might not be a need for mail delivery.

Ottawa is phasing out government cheques over the next four years in favour of depositing payments directly into Canadians' bank accounts.

The initiative is expected to save the federal government about $17.4 million annually. The government said each cheque costs about 82 cents to produce, while a direct deposit payment is only 13 cents.

"The Government of Canada is committed to using taxpayer dollars wisely," Minister of Public Works and Government Services Rona Ambrose said in a news release.

"Increasing the use of direct deposit will contribute significant savings through the reduction in the use of paper and related cheque-printing and delivery costs."

The goal is to stop issuing federal cheques altogether by 2016, except to Canadians who live in remote locations with no nearby financial situations. Other "exceptional circumstances" will also be considered, the government said.

Of the 300 million federal payments issued every year, 77 per cent are already made by direct deposit, the government said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 14:03

Mine had to be in by the 1 of Jan 2014 and I only got them last week also my friend got his papers and they had to be in 14 of Jan 2014, so they might be timing it so all don't flood in,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 12:39

nav juat got mine hopefully I can get an appointment to get them filled out. I hope my doc is back Monday but im not overly concerned as im on ELB.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 12:20

Because we followed the case all these years, we know everything, but even at my legion, there's guys coming in who have never heard of the lawsuit but believe they are part of it and have contacted sisip , so I believe this is going on for awhile! Good thing , I just mailed my completed medical forms to sisip , so hopefully I am good for awhile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 09:51

nav I thought their would be many more.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 09:49

wife I wasn't aware of any extension im wondering what ore who it for? were everyone including widows part of the suit from the beginning? were widows and dependents not included? were they truly selecting claims at random? were they just putting off the widows and dependents till later in a discriminatory fashion?

this is smelling poorly

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 20:35

There is a hell of a lot more files than 140 according to my case worker at sisip! Add a thousand onto that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:50

Thank you. I wrote your question down Propat.
From what I heard, they have an extension. From the dates and when I heard from this as it was posted on LNVB, this extension became active on October 16th. The day after the original court order. MC advised me yesterday that when I call back SISIP, to ask for a supervisor or manager to get answers which I have done previously but the supervisor had no answers either.
I ask MC to help and get answers from SISIP for me and was told that they have nothing to do with how SISIP is operating. I feel betrayed because I really taught that MC could help get answers or at least ask SISIP why I am being told that my file hasn't been worked on.
I really don't know what to do or where to turn too anymore. Now I just found out also that they don't even know if all claims will be completed by the end of December.

It was also posted on LNVB, this morning that there is approx. 140 files left to be done but MC told me yesterday that they think that about 60 some file should be release next week. I don't know what to believe. Everybody knows that MC is behind Leave No Vet Behind site.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 07:19

now if im not mistaken they had till around mid October to pay the retro BY COURT ORDER.

widow of vet just a subjection but ask all the questions you need to but ask this one as well and stress it!!! WHAT MONITARY PENELTY ARE YOU PAYING ME FOR DEFYING THE COURT ORDER???

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next