Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of November Claims

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

End of November Claims - Page 3 Empty Re: End of November Claims

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2013, 18:41

Widow of Veteran, I was referring to SISIP, when I stated to call them everyday. Not all SISIP employees are equal with respect to what they will tell you, or equal to the knowledge of anyone's particular case. Your claim is in complete order, and nothing is missing from your file, therefor someone at SISIP knows your file, so maybe by contacting them daily, you might get lucky, and get and answer. It's not like you just walked into this Lawsuit, you have been with us from the get go, at this point you got nothing to loose by being vigilant in your quest to get answers. Don't feel bad about being aggressive in trying to get answers, it is your funds, you were told everything is in order, so them telling you maybe next Week, does not cut it, if there's a problem with your claim, you are entitled to know what it is, if they say there;s no problem, than they better tell you what the hold up is, like I said in my above post, if it was me in your shoes, I would be calling them once a day, until someone gives me and answer, as to the status of the claim.

I could only imagine what frustration you are going through, I hope you can at least get and update soon on the status of your claim.

I wish you the best of luck, in your fight to get answers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2013, 16:35

My file is in complete order. I have supplied them with everything. The claim stopped when he passed so it makes it for 12 years instead of 18, this was confirmed. He served 25 years and released in 1995. Nothing at all is missing in my claim. I was told from the beginning that the claim was in order. SISIP told me if I call back next week, they would probably have answers. I have ask for his file already, a few months ago and was told that i'm not allowed to it until I get paid. I even spoke to a supervisor at SISIP a few months ago and she couldn't tell me anything. I ask so many questions and she had no answers at all but to tell me that they were working hard on every file which is BS, I was told today that my file had not been worked on.
MC cannot help me, I already talked to them today. It's all in the hands of SISIP. MC just takes care of what surrounds this class action and are not able to help. MC told me that they only know what SISIP tells them and they haven't heard anything.
I also ask Dennis for help on October 23rd. since he's the lead plaintiff but never got a reply from him.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2013, 15:33

I agree with you Mr. Trooper. This is unacceptable by anyone's measure. I do believe something might be wrong or missing with this claim and that being said WOV deserves an answer to find these missing pieces so in another 7 months they aren't telling her the same thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2013, 15:29

Widow of Veteran, it sounds to me like they are given you the runaround. There should be no reason why at this stage in the game , they cannot tell you what is going on with your claim. They are telling you, they don't know what's going on with your claim, that is completely unacceptable. If I was in your shoes, I would be calling once daily, until I got and answer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2013, 13:45

All I can say is I am truly sorry to hear that! The extra files are from people who just started to put in claims after all these years, either forgot about sisip or just heard about the lawsuit.. There are thousands of them! WOV , maybe MC can shine some light on your claim, your paying them , so that's the least they can do, did sisip say there is no out standing paper work needed? Also maybe there is a dispute within sisip as some people thought they were getting a lot of years only to receive 2 years of retro. Do you know your husbands whole sisip record, did he collect it for 2 years and then cut off or was he zero sum and continued to qualify. Have you asked sisip if he's getting 2 years or more years. Was all your husbands paper work in at the 2 year mark? This can all be answered off a computer screen at sisip. You can request his file! I know two guys at the Stoney creek legion who thought they were getting 20 plus years only to receive 2 years so this is something you might want to check out. There's no reason it's delayed at this point and there are widows and dependants already who have got it, in Ontario I know

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:04

I called SISIP this morning and was told that my file had not been worked on and to call back next week. I was also told that some claims will be going to MC next week. For some reason, I was also told that they (SISIP) are receiving files every day so I ask what he meant cause I taught they were the ones sending them to MC. He just answered that they receive files also. I don't understand it.
I also ask if these claims will come to the Estate or to our names and he said it is coming to our names.
I have been part of this all along and no work done on my file for 7 months is hard to understand. I ask what is holding up and the answer is... they don't know. It's adding a lot of stress, to myself and to the other widows and orphans also.
I also ask if he had any idea of how many claims left to be done, in all and he didn't know.
Other widows are contacting me for answers and I sincerely have none. There hasn't been any communication to any of us. Everything is silent and we have no clue what is happening. We ask questions and only get partial answers.
Is there anybody out there that can get answers?

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 07:50

Did they tell you, if for any reason, you are delayed or is it that there is just so many extra clients that they are behind again? God, I hope your processed soon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 19:36

no problem widow anything to help.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 18:48

Thank you Sparrow.

Thank you everyone for the tax information.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 18:44

I am hoping for you wov to get some good news soonest and wish there was more to be done to help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 18:36

I have called SISIP, last week and was told that I wasn't processed so I ask a time limit and was told it could be next week (this week) or it could be a few months.
I never get straight answers. I also called MC on November 13th. and left a message but never got a reply.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Nov 2013, 17:47

WOV , have you confirmed if yours is processed, my cm said at this point anyone asking this question should be given a yes or a no and a reason, call, put your mind at ease

Back to top Go down

Post by kozi4 Mon 18 Nov 2013, 13:27

WOV I really am watching your progress and all widows. This is just crazy. My thoughts are with you. Although I don't comment on everything in my heart I feel for those still waiting.

kozi4
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Mon 18 Nov 2013, 12:33

WOV - for your tax questions, I would suggest you write a letter (so you have a record of it) to CRA and explain in depth your situation including whatever funds you receive. Then they will reply back to you and you will have that record on reply. Then with that in hand, when it comes time to do your taxes, seek out a qualified tax accountant (one who is actually a chartered or certified accountant). DO NOT go to places like H and R block as many working there will know no more than you will. I agree with robbie - go to the professionals and to CRA. Remember, it does not matter what anyone recommends to you, it will be whatever CRA decides.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 19:59

man what the hell is going on here KEEP the trolls at bay, if you have any legal questions ask professionals period. Hell if I knew what to tell you all I wouldn't be a part of the Class Action I would be working for CRA or some legal tax team and earning income. I take what those that I trust in here and research or compile a dialogue for my hired professional planners. Yup I pay them but I also give them info so I do not look totally ignorant lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next