Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veterans Affairs is Waging a War of Attrition Against Veterans

+2
EZRider
bigrex
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Veterans Affairs is Waging a War of Attrition Against Veterans Empty Re: Veterans Affairs is Waging a War of Attrition Against Veterans

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jun 2014, 08:00

We may not have had the numbers but we're getting heard. Mission accomplished.

Back to top Go down

Veterans Affairs is Waging a War of Attrition Against Veterans Empty Re: Veterans Affairs is Waging a War of Attrition Against Veterans

Post by RCN-Retired Thu 05 Jun 2014, 01:37

Wow, some great reports.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 May 2014, 09:40

Thanks RCN-Retired. If you wish, feel free to send me an e-mail with the exact wording you'd like. linda@warofattrition.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Thu 29 May 2014, 01:24

You can quote me anytime, if you need my actual name I can pm it to you.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 May 2014, 08:31

RCN-Retired. May I quote your last comment in my talk on the hill?

For that matter, if there's anything any of you want brought forward concerning the difficulties of dealing with VAC that I can incorporate into my talk (Ping, watch your language LOL), please contact me at Linda@WarOfAttrition.ca.

My talk will be posted on War of Attrition after RTH, but not likely right away.

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Wed 28 May 2014, 01:07

About a year ago my family Dr retired and it took several months to find a new one because of the fact I was a veteran. No one wanted to take me because they indicated dealing with VAC is to onerous. The one I have is great but she refusing to bill VAC for anything, even when they provide a letter to have my health care professional submit a bill for x. She says she just "cannot be bothered dealing with these bandits." Her words not mine. What a state when Drs will not take on new patients because of the BS of VAC, and we all know that we are tripping over Drs. and it is so easy to replace one with another anytime.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 21:09

Well I read and i read a lot your the real deal Anneteak good job really

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 14:03

You are very welcome RCN-Retired.

I've heard that some doctors are beginning to limit the number of veterans they will take into their practices because of the 'reams of substantiation for their prescriptions and the like."  As the provincial health care systems have more VAC costs downloaded on them by the constant back and forth for relatively inexpensive items like an aerochamber needed to deliver bronchial dilators or knee braces and the like, the less likely veterans will get the care they need.  As it is now, Eric's new doctor doesn't understand how VAC works and wants to write a note saying the veteran "has a ...... and needs a ....." . This of course gets bounced back, sometimes more than once.

Last edited by Anneteak on Tue 27 May 2014, 22:34; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Tue 27 May 2014, 01:44

What a great site, so many similarities in the way your husband has been treated by VAC. It is so disappointing that we have to fight so hard for basic health care needs plus have our Doctors write reams of substantiation for their prescriptions and the like to treat us. Thanks for your work on this.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 May 2014, 18:50

Thanks Teen for fixing the error in the addy.

Pinger, I'm gonna keep on keepin' on 'cause I don't know what else to do. The inability to fight back was killing me; once Eric gave me the ok to tell our story (I couldn't really tell mine without telling his), my healing began.

Yah, we're gonna Rock The Hill next week. www.RockTheHill.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 23 May 2014, 23:11

That is great to hear teak!... " Eric finally got everything that we had been fighting for since March 2013. "
You've had a hard and longer road methinks.
Co-incidently? Hell, truth be told can be much more than fiction somedays.
It becomes me...pheww, and then some. Lets just fight our fight with smarts and a consolidated effort.
Be you be 21 years old or 80 years old but with support. Straight up and above the board. Why can't the goc be the same damn way?
Why the hell not? Bureaucrats and some lobbyists in my regards ... are lower than bottom feeders and bilge water. Very bad bilge rats...
But keep the faith and that ain't a freaking cliche. It ryhmes with something... the right thing to do, something proper. Our home... and native land.

No disguised my peeved off rambing but I know you all understand. Tx. I have observed my expletives teen, can't catch me Smile
Keep on keepin' on teak and everyone else. pinger.

Rock the Hill.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 23 May 2014, 21:44

Good work Anneteak. If anyone tried to go to the website there was a comma at the end of the link. It's removed and now accessible.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 May 2014, 20:37

Just an little update.  After a lot of back and forth, e-mails to the PM, MVA, and copies to the opposition and Liberal critics (all documented on my FB page), Eric finally got everything that we had been fighting for since March 2013.  It my be coincidental but the MVA's Chief of Staff contacted us within days of Rock The Hill's addition of yours truly to the list of featured speakers at the event.  He was responding to a letter he had received just "last week" (telcon was on the 8th or 9th of May); he seemed surprised that this had been an issue for much longer; I sent him copies of the previous correspondence and gave him a brief outline of the latest round of problems.

Since then, War of Attrition has gone live at www.WarOfAttrition.ca and it has received some really positive feedback since then including an endorsement by Pat Strogan.  Life is good.  If any of you are going to be in Ottawa on the 4th to 10th, I'd love to see you on the Hill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next