Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veterans Affairs is Waging a War of Attrition Against Veterans

+2
EZRider
bigrex
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Veterans Affairs is Waging a War of Attrition Against Veterans - Page 3 Empty Re: Veterans Affairs is Waging a War of Attrition Against Veterans

Post by Guest Thu 27 Feb 2014, 21:29

Hey Trooper, I heartily agree!  Normally, when I hear a politician speaking, I check to see if their lips are moving (so I can tell if they're lying) and then I check to find out just what the benefit is for them in what they're saying.  In the case of Peter Stoffer, however, I firmly believe that we have that oddest of critters, a sincere and honest politician.  He sincerely cares about veterans and he honestly works on their behalf.  It certainly would be nice to have him as MVA.

Right now, we have an MVA who really likes the position but doesn't want to do the job.  Not so sincere, and he should feel ashamed when cashing a paycheque that is compensation for work done.  It would also be great to have a government that is not run by egotists who somehow feel that Canada is a free and sovereign nation because of something they've done.

On a really sad note, I was upset, to put it mildly, to hear that we lost another veteran to PTSD this week (see CBC news.ca).  This on the heels of nine VAC offices being closed because 'there aren't enough veterans using them.'  If the government would stop using their 3D program to Deny claims, Delay the appeals and waiting for the veterans to either Die or just go away,  Arrow    there would be more veterans accessing those same offices.  We are likely losing more veterans to PTSD than we lost on deployment.  We know there are more suicides than just the ones reported as there are 'unexplained accidents' and the military still can't be bothered to complete the boards of inquiry on so many that occurred in the past ten or so years.  In the meantime, there is no board of inquiry concerning the suicides of those who no longer actively serve.

I know, I'm ranting again.

I know it's too early to hear from Ottawa yet, but I've been informed that my e-mail to Mr. H will probably result in the MVA being called on to explain why he couldn't be bothered to cut this off at the pass by actually replying to Eric's September 8th message to him.  Again, he believes that MVA is a position and not a job.

Navrat, I think the Liberals might also be able to do the job; but when I wrote to the MVA last March and copied both the Liberal VA critic and Peter Stoffer, Peter Stoffer was the only one who got back to me, and he phoned the very next morning!  Mr. Karygiannis, the Liberal critic, did get back to me this week after I e-mailed all the MPs last week though.  I do like what I'm hearing from them, but Peter has been out there working for veterans for years.  I'm going to wait to see what the platforms are when the next election comes around and check out the local Liberal and NDP candidates too.  However, if I lived in Stoffer's riding, it would be a no brainer, I'd vote for him.

Good night!

Back to top Go down

Veterans Affairs is Waging a War of Attrition Against Veterans - Page 3 Empty Re: Veterans Affairs is Waging a War of Attrition Against Veterans

Post by Guest Thu 27 Feb 2014, 21:15

Very true! But I also believe the Liberals will also, as written in there new pledge to honour veterans and families. I know the liberal past but if we stay in the pass we never move forward. We all thought the CONS would be there for us but its just cut cut cut and it will never stop because whether anyone wants to believe it or not the CONS hate with a passion any social programs and that includes programs for the disabled, poor , seniors and veterans. They only support the rich.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Feb 2014, 20:01

If the NDP would win the next election, Peter Stoffer would do wonders for Veterans in this country. He is truly dedicated in helping Veterans.
Just my thoughts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Feb 2014, 18:13

Anneteak, you are a fighter, and a good wife to your husband for doing what you have done.
Your fight will not only address your husbands situation, taking the time to write your concerns, will without a doubt also reflect the concerns of Veterans in General.
So thank you for taking the time to address these issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Feb 2014, 13:22

Good one

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Feb 2014, 13:14

I just sent the e-mail below to the PM with copies to the MVA and the editors of The Hill Times, Halifax Chronicle Herald and our local paper The Belleville Intelligencer. Attached were my letters to the editor, my husband's 11-page letter of appeal which gives most of the story, and the letter Mr. Stoffer delivered to the MVA earlier this month.  Can't wait to see how long this reply is going to take.

Mr. Harper

Having tried on a number of occasions to get Mr Fantino to respond to my husband’s e-mail of September 8, 2013, I am now going to use the “plumber’s”  problem-solving technique of pushing down from the top.

I have attached four letters, three written by myself and one written by my husband (VA Letter 29 Aug2013.pdf) for your perusal.  It seems that Mr Fantino cannot be find the time to address my husband’s issues and the Second Level Appeals Unit has given Eric a totally empty ‘win’ of his appeal, so now I’m appealing to you.

As you will see when you read the accompanying material, I have previously appealed to my local Member of Parliament, to Mr Fantino (Mr. Stoffer delivered my letter of February 7 to him) and my husband has appealed to Mr. Fantino as well.  When asked yesterday why I didn’t write to my local Member or to Mr. Fantino instead of writing Letters to the Editor, I replied, “That is Einsteins’ definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”  I’ve been there and done that.

This situation has gone on for a year! I’m tired of it and don’t want my husband to have to deal with it when he returns home after receiving treatment for PTSD! I’ve written letters, posted on Veterans’ information sites, and even started my own Facebook page that is devoted to our dealings with VAC.  Please deal with this problem!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Feb 2014, 18:09

the Dream Team whoahhhhhaaaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 25 Feb 2014, 14:33

FYI the story you mention is on the main website under Latest News.

I encourage all members of CSAT to browse the Latest News and Older News on the main website. I post as many veteran stories as possible to keep all vets informed of the "happenings" of the veteran world.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Feb 2014, 12:34

Thanks folks.  I really appreciate your comments and concerns.  

I have a bit of good news though; at least it's good news to me.  Dan Leger wrote an article for the Halifax Chronicle Herald entitled "Fantino a loose cannon on deck" on Feb 21, 2013. (As I'm a new member to this group, I cannot post an external link to this. Could one of you do it for me?)

I responded with a letter to the editor and copied it to both Peter Stoffer (NDP) and Jim Karygiannis (Liberal).  I also sent the same letter to our local papers (Trenton and Belleville, Ontario).

I have had a LinkedIn page for professional purposes for quite a while but have never bothered to do a Facebook page as I didn't see how it would be of any use to me.  I have since changed my mind and have a new facebook page that I will devote only to getting the word out about VAC.  Whenever I find an article that refers to veterans and what we're dealing with, it'll go on it.  I really like the pages that are devoted to veterans, i.e., Canadian Veterans Advocacy, but the average Canadian doesn't read them.  So I'm hoping to take a 'civilian' approach to the problem.  If you're on Facebook, look me up:  Linda Magill, Trenton, ON

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Feb 2014, 12:11

Sorry I have been away and very busy, yes not an excuse but a ton of crap has caused me to vacate and get some air. I as a veteran am deeply embarrassed buy that post and even more embarrassed for that idiot that made those deeply profound and disgusting comments to a fellow veteran whom bye the way is offering more of self to her disabled veteran husband. When I say embarrassed I really mean it in the sense that as a CM given the honour to safeguard our veterans the real core of how a CM regards one's employment is exactly that a pay check. This person should be charged taken to court, made an example out. These CM's are here for us and yet we as all know they answer to a higher calling. As disabled veterans we should not and will not beg for benefits, if this continues to happen then we all suffer and the next group suffers, my only advise is to do what our princess warrior did and let the bastards know where she stands. I do believe that an investigation should be conducted here.

Back to top Go down

Post by EZRider Mon 24 Feb 2014, 13:40

Anneteak,

Sorry to hear of the BS VAC is putting you both through, pisses me off to no end, hope things work out for you and Eric.

EZRider
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Feb 2014, 17:28

Anneteak, you come to the right place to share your story, as many here have been through these fights with DVA , and fully understand your frustration.
Unfortunetely, things seam to be getting worse, than better, I have come to the conclusion that as long as the current government is in power, things will just get worse, as I feel that the current government actually truly believes that they shine when it comes to looking after Veterans in this country, and when you have a mindset like that, it is extremely difficult to properly have Veterans issues addressed. I am not saying give up the fight, but simply understand what were up against.
In my mind they are three avenues we can take to voice our concerns in this present setting,
1. MEDIA / PROTEST
2. OPPOSITION PARTIES
3. COURTS

That is just the way I see it today, hopefully come next Federal election, things get better for us all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Feb 2014, 16:25

Navrat, the future for Veterans may very well be in line with CPP D benefits and under Service Canada umbrella. It has pros and cons either way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Feb 2014, 14:02

Make sure Peter Stoffer gets a copy of this post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Feb 2014, 14:01

I feel for you. This once happened to us when our case worker wanted to know about my wife's income and my wife flat out told her its none of VAC business. They also tried to say my wife should do the housekeeping and my wife told them she wouldnt. Never let this people try and control you. I never see VAC anymore, never, I have told them I don't want their welfare like , you owe us something attitude in my home. I just want my monthly money and benefits and nothing else. I am 107 percent disability and wish I never saw them. I wish VAC was like cppd , I don't want these guys in my life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next