Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wondering

+4
Rifleman
bigrex
Mike77
RCN-Retired
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Wondering Empty Re: Wondering

Post by Guest Tue 22 Apr 2014, 18:54

Mike77. In my case there was a big advantage with my CPPD. MY CPPD is 1187 per month and is taxable. (They will not take out any tax unless you make the request.) My military pension was only cut back 565 per month once I received CPPD so there is a definite advantage to apply. Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Apr 2014, 09:02

Found out not my monthly payment but an underpayment that was issued and deposited to me.When they do audits sometimes they find overpayment and underpayment and correct accordily

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Mon 21 Apr 2014, 18:45

Haven't recieved mine for this month yet

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Apr 2014, 18:28

Did anyone notice their monthly sisip ltd higher this month? Just wondering why mine was?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Apr 2014, 11:32

Social Security Tribunal - Review Tribunal
http : // w ww.canada.ca/en/sst/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Apr 2014, 11:17

No problem, I am appealing CPP D as well so thought I would pass on the process veteran to veteran.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Apr 2014, 09:19

thanks craftsman I understand now was thinking you were from a specific organization. sometimes its not that hard to confuse me lol. keep up the great work buds.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Sun 20 Apr 2014, 09:00

Thanks for the great info craftsman I just recieved the paperwork in the mail from CPP to request for a tribunal another long battle ahead

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Apr 2014, 06:56

propat wrote:craft great post love it very informative. my question is OUR LEAGAL CLINIC ?

propat

Sorry propat I copied and pasted the info about CPP D appeals from a  random legal clinic website. I edited the original post so as no more confusion.

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Sun 20 Apr 2014, 02:24

Man, interesting when I was turned down for CPPD12 years ago I had no idea that I could dispute the decision. There was no one there to assist me and being in my darkest hours and already in a firefight with VAC dealing with further disputes probably would have killed me. It is very difficult to trust government agencies or even consider them as being different from each other. I only saw and continue to see that if it is government they are most likely not there to help.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Apr 2014, 23:21

craft great post love it very informative. my question is OUR LEAGAL CLINIC ?

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Apr 2014, 22:02

Rifleman wrote:As propat said you are not required to appeal but this is my opinion I would appeal it does not hurt you I have applied for CPP D 3 times now and have been denied all three times also appealed all three times and still denied my file now sits at the next step above the appeals section to be looked at all I can do is wait this out and believe  me I will wait this out and keep fighting until I get an answer that I am happy with and this all because Sisip continues to ask me to apply and yes I am LTD since 2002 and TPI through vac

What happens if I am denied a CPP-Disability Benefit?

You can request a reconsideration of this decision. It must be done in writing, within 90 days of when you received the decision. The reconsideration will involve only a paper review of your file. You may submit new medical evidence in support of your disability.

What happens if my reconsideration is denied?

You can then request a review to the CPP-Review Tribunal. You have 90 days to from the date that you receive the negative reconsideration decision to write to request that your decision be appealed to the Review Tribunal. The address is on the information that you receive with the decision. The Legal Clinic can answer questions that you have about this process, and we may be able to represent you at your hearing before Review Tribunal. The Review Tribunal will meet you in person and give you a chance to describe your disability and how it affects your ability to work.

The Tribunal is made up of three members: a lawyer who will chair the hearing, a health professional, and an individual from the community. It is less formal than a Court and is meant to make you feel comfortable. The Review Tribunal will hear your case in private. You may submit further medical evidence at any time before the Review Tribunal hearing. It is best to submit the new medical evidence that supports your case as soon as possible to the Review Tribunal because Service Canada may decide to reverse its decision based on the new medical information.

The Review Tribunal’s phone number is: 1-800-363-0076

I’ve been denied by the CPP-Review Tribunal; what can I do next?

The next stage is to request permission to appeal this decision from the Pensions Appeal Board. You have 90 days from the date you received your CPP-Review Tribunal decision to submit what is called an "Application for Leave to Appeal to the Pensions Appeal Board." You may submit further medical evidence in support of your appeal. If you are granted permission to appeal, a public hearing will be held before three Judges.

The Pensions Appeal Board’s phone number is: 1-888-640-8001

We strongly recommend that you seek legal advice at this stage.

Last edited by Craftsman on Sun 20 Apr 2014, 11:36; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Removing phrase)

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 Tue 15 Apr 2014, 15:12

Hey Steve ........ that's a great idea brother

..........With just grade .8 , I sometimes get frustrated with it all , but i'll do my best to help my Recon Brother

Steve , if you want me to try a different angle ........ give me a call Bro .

For Country
retired Army MasterSniper
Dave
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Apr 2014, 14:29

on a serious note I will contact the CPP and CPPD personal and create a question answer block in hopes to create a few scenarios and get us on a tract to get moving to a better place regardless. CYA in a bit troops

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Apr 2014, 14:22

You know what I get outta that Davey, "Your one Facked up Dude" whoooahhhhhha Master Chief.
PS
Applied for CPPD accepted first time
Applied for DTC denied
Re_applied for DTC due to CPPD approval still waiting decision and ain't expecting much, so just because you have one does not mean you will have the other, weird but most would figure if you have the DTC you'd be a shoe in for CPPD not always true, but just try and let the chips fall where they may.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next