Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stay on top of the CRA !!!

+22
DeeCee
devans156
loggie
beleaf67
PipperNavy
birdgunner
Hab2013
froggie2u36
abetterway
Nemo
peep
sabrelove
rucksack031
Teentitan
bigrex
Newfie
pinger
K9
RCN-Retired
Sapper Zodiak
Rifleman
26 posters

Page 37 of 65 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 51 ... 65  Next

Go down

Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 37 Empty Re: Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by beleaf67 Mon 09 Jun 2014, 00:59

Here's a question for anyone out there who's fed up with all of this crap and what I mean by crap is PTSD, anxiety, depression, loneliness, anger, insomnia, pain, anti social behaviour, etc..., you get it, most if not all of you deal with this crap every second, of every day of your lives! Have any of you just thought about running away from it all? I don't mean suicide or harming others, I mean just to research some place that may be far away, nobody knows you there, it's relatively warm, the family can have all the financial benefits of my entitlements, or at least 75%, I don't need much! I don't drink, smoke and/or gamble, so I need very little to live on! So my question remains to all of you? Seriously, just pack a small backpack, minimal ID and money, and just take off to wherever the dart lands on the map, just to escape this nightmarish existence and go somewhere and not one living soul would recognize your face! Yes I'm fully aware of the family consequences of the move, but sometimes I feel as though it's the perfect move! I'm not looking for the pros and cons of the subject, I'm just asking a simple question to others whom I know suffer as I have these last 10 years or so! So, have you seriously considered it? Thanks in advance!

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jun 2014, 20:41

True RR, I should have included that my taxes went from owing 15k to a refund of 32k. So the 1198 definitely works more often then not depending on ones Province and financials.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jun 2014, 20:35

You gotta stay positive troops i do know many (11) that visit the site for this thread period and of those 11 not including CSAT regulars all have had a huge reduction and in 3 case not including CSAT member 4 have had returns the largest that I know of was 3,330 and for a reduction the greets was around 21000 so he owed 44k now 22k but his sit was different as well so yup the hope is there

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jun 2014, 20:19

bigrex the 1198 was not beneficial for my spouse as indicated previously on csat due to cashing out RRSP in 2006 and 2007 the two years that he received retro for. So it was more beneficial for spouse to  not use the 1198. He did however still receive a refund even without the  1198 being used.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 08 Jun 2014, 20:07

You and me both Rex. I paid over $25K! If the 1198 puts me in the black for just one dollar I will be happier then a pig in shyte!

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3413
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 08 Jun 2014, 20:03

I honestly haven't heard anyone, among those that have actually had their taxes done correctly, saying that the 1198 calculations hadn't helped them, by either providing a refund, or greatly reducing the taxes owed. As someone who just had to request a T1 adjustment, this past week, because the 1198 hadn't been used, I am trying to remain positive, and hoping that my tax bill will eventually turn into a refund, even a small one.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jun 2014, 19:26

Thanks, Robbie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jun 2014, 19:05

I did receive a summary that detailed the usage of the QRLSP but will receive full disclosure in the mail as well TROOPER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jun 2014, 18:33

Glad to hear the 1198 helped you out K9.
So far it has been working out fairly good for a number of members.

It looks like many are still waiting for there completed 1198 calculations to arrive.

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Sun 08 Jun 2014, 17:05

Hello Trooper,
1198 was helfull,
Received a chq with the paperwork not showing much but it said I would receive a letter of explanation after.
Been 6 weeks no letter.
Called back, no letter was done so they will forward a message asking for the letter that I never received so, can't say about deemed tax yet.
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jun 2014, 16:56

It may be a little early to ask this question, however I would like to know if any of those members who have had there 1198 completed, and have physically seen there completed calculations, have had any notional interest, and or deemed tax applied to them ? I know of one who has stated no, from his calculations.

It would be nice to know this, I would think that if one was not charged any additional tax, this should be the standard for all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jun 2014, 18:11

More information found here for vets then any government site. I check my cra account daily, what a piece of junk. Must be the same IT team as Veteran affair, more junk. And I cant listen to the radio without the bs about the government having sites and information for vets. They should also say at the end of the add, best be in good health to apply as we will turn you down as much as possible....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jun 2014, 13:04

great stuff nav .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sat 07 Jun 2014, 12:11

Thanks Navster....looking out for eachother as always!
Chimo
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jun 2014, 08:01

Good info right there, at a work Navrat !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 65 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 51 ... 65  Next