Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stay on top of the CRA !!!

+22
DeeCee
devans156
loggie
beleaf67
PipperNavy
birdgunner
Hab2013
froggie2u36
abetterway
Nemo
peep
sabrelove
rucksack031
Teentitan
bigrex
Newfie
pinger
K9
RCN-Retired
Sapper Zodiak
Rifleman
26 posters

Page 38 of 65 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 51 ... 65  Next

Go down

Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 38 Empty Re: Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jun 2014, 01:32

Thanks Navrat.  Much appreciated.  At least now I have a way to contact them if they refuse to answer the last fax by the accountant.  I may just call Monday morning and do a bit of the stressed out thing to see if they can at least figure out who lost all my paperwork.  After 2 more days of stewing on this I will be stressed out...  
I promise not to say where I got the number  Rolling Eyes   If they ask, I will just tell them I googled  for information and up it came.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 23:29

It is very caring of you Nav to think of your fellow comrades and I know everyone appreciates it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 22:29

Hearing everyone's stress breaks my heart. Comes a time when you get sick of being told not to say anything . I am going to post this number given to me by my mp and told not to give out. Nobody knows who I am so in good faith I can't keep it secret any longer the number is 1 877 440 4948 and it's the office of CRA problem resoultion in Kitchener Ontario . These people got my reassement Done in one week with refund in the bank within 10 days. Call or get your mp to call and explain how stressed and worried you are about your return. They will open a file and have everything done in a week

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 20:52

if you have your old returns you can check all the amount quite accurately . if you do not you can still do a little by verifying the amounts per year they plug in and check their math as well.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 06 Jun 2014, 20:47

"It is not our responsibility to assess completed returns, that is the responsibility of the CRA, why are we addressing these issues, and why must we have to wait in line for them to correct these errors."

Why? Because some of them are flat out lazy frecks, period. That being said, some (few) are extremely helpful. Albeit a frustrating crapshoot,
Keep on' keepin' on trooper. Maybe you already approached your MP? Remember to photocopy everything you EVER submit, while documenting anything else. It should be 2nd nature, it is to me in government bureaucratic circles like VAC... thank feck I never had to deal with sisip, 1198's, claws, or I may have just given up. Don't do that.  pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 20:10

Thing is trooper, the notice of assessment and calculations don't actually show you anything. It just simply states this this and that but nothing more...you have to take it at their word because it doesn't really say much on the calculations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 19:46

Each and everyone of us must check the 1198 calculations that have been completed by the CRA, we must be vigilant in this aspect, if you feel that and error has
occurred resulting in you not being given your full entitlement, you must act on this ASAP !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 19:39

Digger, I would not worry to much about that, they have to learn how to do the calculations before they can audit them LOL.

I remember speaking with a corporate accountant, who said to me that she has had dealings with the 1198 in the pass, and she said that the CRA was extremely good at calculating the 1198.
That may of been true back then, but I would question it today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 19:33

Well said Trooper. I don't dare bring this point up but I must do due diligence on this subject. I wonder in the back of my mind if in time our tax returns get reviewed and/or certainly will be audited as time goes on to recheck the 1198s et al and in return errors are uncovered. If CRA has overpaid us with the 1198 calculations we know how that will go for us. There will be human errors in the 1198 calculations this is a given. I am prepared for this in due time as we all should be. Don't like to be negative but rather we need to be realistic based on past experience with CRA and current issues with CRA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 19:32

Furthermore, no more claiming my Beaver, and Muskrat pelts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 19:24

Well last year at this time I was into checking the APP for my retro.
Some have had there retro misplace by way of purolator during the payout process, MC was notified, and the problem was resolved quick, with a new cheque sent out, competence on MC's part.
Manulife did indeed stay the course in processing our retro, they also completed and sent out our 1198 forms for us.
Thank you MC and MANULIFE !!!

Who would have thought that the biggest headache would come from the CRA.
Who believes that it takes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, for them to do the 1198 calculations.
Where this time frame comes from is simply this, this is the time it takes to do the 1198 calculations, from the time your return is put in the to-do list.
So when it say's received, and or re assessment in progress, this only means that your return has been put in the to-do list.
It certainly does not mean that a CRA agent is physically working on your return.
LOL, I keep asking them is someone physically working on mine, they keep saying, absolutely, how can this be I say, they keep saying that it takes a long time to assess your return, I say they are full of it.

I was one of the first to send in my return, 13 Weeks and still counting.
Now I am wondering how many Canadians are actually benefiting from fraudulent activity with regards to the CRA.
It looks like if you file electronically your good to go, if you file paper file they miss things like 1198 forms, even though our lump sum shows in box 104, they are also missing the fact that this requires special calculations.
This is shocking for me, as I always thought the CRA was top notch in assessing our returns, what is also shocking is that they are assessing some returns, they are missing important information, and  they are passing them through without picking up there error.
That is scary to learn, we are not trained to assess returns that have already been completed, but it is us that are picking up the errors, and once we pick up the error, we are put back in line to wait for the error to be fixed.
It is not our responsibility to assess completed returns, that is the responsibility of the CRA, why are we addressing these issues, and why must we have to wait in line for them to correct these errors.
My faith in the CRA system has become more incompetent as each day passes.

I don't want to have to go through this ever again in my lifetime, it is extremely stressful for us as we are kept in the dark, as we continue to wait, and hope that they get it right, the next time around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Fri 06 Jun 2014, 19:17

Oh boo-fricken-hoo CRA. Professional tax people....with all tax records on file...press a few buttons and be done already!! Poor people, deserving, long suffering people, tax paying people....we need our taxes done. NOW. BTW. I paid $700.00 to an accountant to have my taxes done this year to expedite things, only to have revenue canada sit on their hands. Frickin GRRRR. Anyone spare a cold beer?
Parched Sap
sorry for the mini-rant... pale 

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 18:15

My mp secretary said CRA wasn't expecting the volume of form 1198

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 17:46

Hey Teentitan, at least they know where the heck yours is. My accountant called the CRA this afternoon directly and he got the same answer I did...what paperwork? So he resent the whole package to them again along with the letter I supposedly did not receive and a cover asking for a reply by mid next week. If he gets no answer then it is on to my local MP. It just drives me crazy after listening to Mr Harper's speech at the D-Day celebrations today and then seeing his government do this BS to us all. Fantino is there with him. Wish he would just leave him there. At least his counterpart in the US did the honourable thing and fell on his sword because of all the BS the Vets are being subjected to. Ours just runs away and hides. He can't even seem to face up to the mess his department is creating with peoples lives. Sorry for ranting...just po'd at the stupidity of all of this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 06 Jun 2014, 17:05

Next Wednesday will be 12 weeks for me and I called this week and I'm, love this answer, in the que!

Had to ask how long the que is?
Another 3-6 weeks.

So I'm on Sappers side about the interest. And if another large donation ends up at the Legion in the Hammer well Oskee Wee Wee a foot above my knees Nav!!!LOL
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3413
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 65 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 51 ... 65  Next