Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stay on top of the CRA !!!

+23
DeeCee
devans156
loggie
beleaf67
PipperNavy
birdgunner
Hab2013
froggie2u36
abetterway
Nemo
peep
liverlover
sabrelove
rucksack031
Teentitan
bigrex
Newfie
pinger
K9
RCN-Retired
Sapper Zodiak
Rifleman
27 posters

Page 43 of 65 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 54 ... 65  Next

Go down

Stay on top of the CRA !!! - Page 43 Empty Re: Stay on top of the CRA !!!

Post by Sapper Zodiak Tue 27 May 2014, 18:23

Alms for the poor? Anyone?
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 18:05

I heard Digger is out and about throwing around a lot of refund cash!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 18:03

Oh, I might add the minister stated it was my round at the local Navrat 
Centre for relaxation aka Legion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 17:49

My Mop did everything so for my reassessment was done in a week and money direct deposited a week later! Mine went back 13 years and  
No deemed taxes applied at the ministers discretion . But on the notice of reassessment there was a column for Deemed Taxes, those exact words and I know from the legion guys they are applying it, so maybe my mop got me off of paying , I really have no idea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 17:18

Nav how far back did your retro go? more than 10 yrs? if so did they wave the deemed tax past the 10 yr mark?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 14:34

yes nav as I said I assume you got yours the same day and its great you are not charged deemed tax great for you buds my letter said pleas allow several weeks to presses the cancelations so im assuming some ore all of my tax differences are not 0.00 so I guess I got charged deemed tax on my tax difference otherwise their would be absolutely no calculations to be done.

again glad you got yours the same day as your assessment that's great juess ill just have to wait like recon oiler digger and her spouse and others.

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 14:03

Mop are awesome when you can get them to do it for you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 14:02

The calculation sheet was attached to my notice of reassessment. It had columns with the date , ie 
Year.    Income reported.   Payment allocation   Tax difference.  Deeme
                                                                                              Tax
2000   10000(example).    10000(example).      0.00.              0.00

This continued showing the amounts and dates
With 0.00 deemed taxes

Back to top Go down

Post by Hab2013 Tue 27 May 2014, 13:56

Hello everyone I would to thank all of you that has been there for us! Especially the one that always give you the info that will help you down the road ! Because of you guys, my income tax as a return of 12,430.00 far from owning 11,600.00 ...(yes they did forget to included that t1198 at first) I keep calling n calling always to received different answer... I finally read on the CSAT to used your member of parliament. So I finally got to have a meeting n explained my situation On May 15 and started rite away to make some call .... Thanks to him and some of you that tip me it was done in less than 2 weeks!!!! I called this morning and a refund will be issued on the 2 of June !!! So for all of you that are waiting don't hesitated to used your MOP it work very fast !!!! Thank you again and keep up the good work BZ!!!!
Hab2013
Hab2013
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 09:13

lmao @ peep not Acadian buds what about the gailic music you know bagpipes and such.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 09:11

ok nav I read when you fist said that the day you seen your assessment witch will never see it on their you will only see the deemed tax on the calculation sheet witch will normally gets posted weeks later. but im sure your calculation sheet a totally separate document was posted the day they posted your assessment unlike everyone elce witch is great. glad you read that calculation sheet and you were not charged that deemed tax you are very lucky.

for everyone elce get in these forms as they will help you if accepted.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Tue 27 May 2014, 09:11

Ya Propat, you chould be able to claim all the compulsory Acadiian music CD.

Ok the CRA it says "Reassessment in progress"
Now how long do I have to wait!!!!!!!!
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 08:58

Propat, Using the RC form , Is there any point using it if they applied no penalties or interest. I had none applied and it said it was at the ministers desecreation? Froggy I never paid but its tricky because I know some at the legion who owed especially if spouse had income. The form only works if you had lower income in those perious years that was taxed at a lower tax rate. If you even it out over those years and the Income is still within the tax rate range then its no good. Plus you guys in the Maritimes are taxed to death so I don't know how it will pan out, maybe deduct Swamp gear , fishing and ammo and copper piping for the shine still, other than that I wish you guys the best

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 08:32

oh frack froggie you should have paid by the deadline just to make sure. the thing is paying by the deadline is the only way to insure you don't pay interest.

anyway the damage is done the 5% is charged on day one now its just 1% a month.

since you filed on march 11 they should grant you leniency and not charge you interest but their is no guarantee of what they would do.

if I were you at this point since the biggest damage is done I would wait for the assessment and pay then.

if they charge you interest you can submit a tax relief form witch will almost defiantly have that interest returned to you as it fits perfectly in the fairness provision under delay by the CRA.

hope you had one in for the 1198 interest as well doesn't really fit perfectly into the fairness provision but DOES WORK SOMETIME.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 08:29

Thank you Propat and Rifleman.
Froggie, in terms of paying and that causing any delays or confusion within CRA and in the refund process, I am not certain that is true. I had paid and the calculations are quite simple for CRA to add the payment in their calculations and refund figures. I don't believe it is a deterrent for CRA to process your taxes either way. Maybe someone on CSAT can advise on the interest amounts better than I can but if you feel easier and you are able to, perhaps pay the amount owing. You will certainly get the money back when they process your return with some interest ~ taxable of course. Please don't forget your 4288E Tax Payer Relief Form application as well Froggie.

Last edited by Digger on Tue 27 May 2014, 08:56; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 65 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 54 ... 65  Next