Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who do you contact when you are not getting prompt VAC services

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who do you contact when you are not getting prompt VAC services Empty Re: Who do you contact when you are not getting prompt VAC services

Post by Guest Sat 02 Aug 2014, 10:15

Lastly I submitted this.

The Honourable Julian Fantino
Minister of Veteran Affairs
House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada
K1A 0A6
Telephone: 613-996-4971
Fax: 613-996-4973

The Honourable Julian Fantino Minister of Veteran Affairs

I am writing your office to lodge a formal complaint in regards to the slow process of authorizing VIP benefits and services for disabled military veterans by Veterans Affairs Canada specifically the Pembroke District Office.
My situation has become a source of discontentment in that my quality of life has suffered substantially due to the length of time to process my claims for VIP services.
My situation is as follows.

• January 14 2014 an Occupational Therapist sent in a request to Pembroke District Office for the purpose of approving me a scooter and ramp to provide mobility and offer a greater quality of life by allowing me to go on outings without physically causing me personal injury. Along with the file an attachment was a noted asking that I be reimbursed for truck cap installation to secure the scooter and ramp.
• I initially saw the O.T. in December of 2013 when she showed up with at that time a scooter that matched my weight and physical requirements. It was determined at that time that the scooter would not fit securely under the Tonneau Cover I had on my 2010 Silverado truck due to a height of less than 31 ½ inches, the height requirements required would be 33 ½ inches folded. It was also determined that the length of the scooter would not fit into my wife Michelle’s car a 2012 Chevy Orlando.
• Therefore on January 13th 2014 my wife and I discussed the requirement of a truck cap for the purpose of securing the equipment. We would swallow the cost of the cap but asked if the cost of installation would be covered.

• We (my wife and I) sent off 2 quotes for the cap and cap installation to the O.T on February 04th 2014 as requested by the District Occupational Therapist whom then purportedly attached them to my file.
• After continual inquiries to both my VAC CM (Petawawa Office) and the O.T I received many reasons or for better words excuses as to where my file was and what was being accomplished (attached are emails confirming the timeline).
• I have heard everything from I do not know, we are understaffed and the files keep piling up, the person in that department is on holiday, the staff and claims are super bogged down and finally after a personal visit to the Pembroke District Office the file is on the District Occupational Therapist’s desk but the quote and costs of this request are too huge and over budget for his authorization and finally he is on holiday but will look at your file early next week.
• 7 months and still waiting for a simple answer from the Pembroke District Office. Only 18 kilometers from my front door and only after I told that office that I had petitioned the assistance of Mr. Peter Stoffer MP did they seem incensed with my petition.

Understandably Mr. Fantino you were appointed Minister of Veterans Affairs in order to preserve operational mandates and effectively oversea the administration policies within the old and new veterans charters when it comes to issues that fulfill the administrative and financial requirements of our veteran community. Clearly these District Office self-imposed time restraints are due to understaffing in regions that require greater staff numbers and that predicament would be a direct hiring or staffing mandate issue under your administration. Due to the extensive and unnecessary time restraints to authorize even the basic needs and requirements our veteran communities are suffering emotionally and physically. I would ask that your office investigate the manning and staffing practices of these “operational hot-bed regions” such as Pembroke/Petawawa and bring forth legislation that will allow this enormous veteran community to receive these benefits and services in a timely and humane matter.

Finally Sir, this complaint may seem infinitesimal and of no significance in regards to the activities and administrative burdens on your office but it would be a great injustice if I did not mention one that one disabled veteran fighting for a benefit or service is one veteran too many.

Thank you

Back to top Go down

Who do you contact when you are not getting prompt VAC services Empty Re: Who do you contact when you are not getting prompt VAC services

Post by Guest Fri 01 Aug 2014, 12:12

Thanks troops, here is another twist to this situation,
as we all know this process has been long winded and as I went back to the District Office today I was informed that the District Occupational Therapist would actually action my request and file early next week. Funny how no answers no communication now all of a sudden boom action. I did however inform the Office I was still lodging my complaint along with Mr. Stoffer MP not only on my behalf but on behalf of all veterans. The look I got was priceless followed by a detailed account of how claims and requests are managed. Simply put with all due respect to the Office, my complaint will proceed as your process obviously does not ease the physical stress and mental anguish of disabled veterans in fact it inhibits any growth and strength required to stabilize a quality of life taken from them.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 01 Aug 2014, 10:03

Very professional, sharp, and courteous. I like it! btw, that you kept your cool a few days back is very good for you. Ya catch more bees with honey than vinegar aka, killing them with kindness Smile pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Aug 2014, 08:18

wow im beating the like button like its morning wood.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Aug 2014, 07:54

The letter Campaign Begins
After a conversation with Peter Stoffer yesterday via phone (god love the guy) I have begun an extensive letter campaign to all areas within the Senate and Hill members. Minister of Veteran Affairs is next followed by a few good ones

The Office of Mrs. Cheryl Gallant MP
Conservative Party of Canada
84 Isabella St.

Pembroke, ON

K8A 5S5

Mrs. Cheryl Gallant MP

I have been a supporter of your party for many years and finally the time has come to take my allegiance elsewhere. For me the failure and lack of commitment that comes with another broken campaign promise of ensuring the entitled benefits and programs offered to our disabled veteran community is timely and without prejudice has become very evident with your party and particularly yourself. Your office is and has been aware of all troublesome areas in regards to Veterans Affairs in association with VIP services and benefits, including the publically heated debate over ELB and the NVC yet your office has done nothing that this community can applaud your office for. I am not a fan of your “PTSD” commentary as I suffer from this debilitating disease and I know where the stigma lays and it is not in my “head” rather my “soul” one that I sacrificed for brother and country.
I have become very incensed and disillusioned over the absurd length of time Veterans Affairs Canada namely the District Office in Pembroke Ontario requires to actually process VIP benefits for disabled veterans in your community. I have for one been waiting for a claim that was submitted by an Occupational Therapist in January of 2014 (January 14th 2014) for a scooter and ramp. I am angry Mrs. Gallant due to the insensitive thought process in regards to the overall health of a veteran including the Quality of Life and the Physical benefits being neglected by this Office. Time and time again I have requested benefits and services only to be told “We do not authorize this service or request”, “You need to write the Minister of Veterans Affairs and tell them your not satisfied”.
This process of even getting the authorization of my scooter is still in the District Office in Pembroke less than 15 minutes from my home and it has sat there for over 7 months and why is it sitting here are the reasons I have gotten.
“We are under staffed so the claims are piling up, Petawawa is a huge area, We have a New D.O.T (whatever that means) and the hand over period will be lengthy, we have people on holiday so the file is in someone’s IN Basket awaiting authorization and finally on Wed July the 30th I was told that there was a problem with the additional cost request that would make the claim financially too expensive to authorize and that the D.O.T was on holiday and the she would leave a note on his desk about our visit.” The problems within the District Office are none of my concern Mrs. Gallant as I am only concerned with my inability to procure these entitlements in an appropriate, considerate and unprejudiced time period. Even when the District Office gets around to authorizing my claim it will then be pushed to another level down the road in some other financial department for authorization thus lengthening this lethargic time process yet again. As it is I have been renting or finding other means to justify the tardiness and less than knowledgeable or for better words contrived responses from this organization in order for me to just simply carry on without these benefits, today that is over.
I have now sought the support of Mr. Peter Stoffer NDP MP “Official Opposition Critic for Veterans Affairs” about the lack of support in regards to Veterans Affairs taking extensive periods of time to complete and authorize applications for VIP benefits. Mr. Stoffer wasted no time in contacting me via phone with excellent counsel and guidance. His passion has touched my heart like my vote should have touched yours. He and I both agree your office needs to be told you are not doing your job.
SG Robbie Royal (Nik lol) and the veteran community deserve better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jul 2014, 16:39

lol great response Robbie I got a new CM after a few of us with the same CM all wrote a complaint about her to a few different people all at the same time . don't know if she got fired or just moved. the new CM would only say she is no longer filling that position any more. so im thinking teen is right no doo doo. but if you have a legitimate complaint about your CM and know a bunch of fellas with the same CM that also do ya may want to try the above.

yup they get letters like this all the time and im sure they file them accordingly " 13 " but if you spend a week at work and have to read a few of these from different people about one of your CMs every fracking day of the week . well maybe ya just gotta actually do something.

just saying

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jul 2014, 11:20

that was just a response to a question Teen the rest is quite extensive and detailed as a recce god would submit lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jul 2014, 11:18

simple things like filling out a fire picket as a young fella sure works don't it lol, hell these people went to school to learn common sense, epic failure In My Opinion lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 30 Jul 2014, 11:04

If anything RR you just alerted them your DO is short staffed and the DO Manager doesn't know how to make up a rotational holiday schedule. So no she will not get in any doo-doo.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jul 2014, 11:01

hey propat do you think they will fire my CM's arse for not being more supportive or is she ok

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jul 2014, 11:00

now to send off hard copies to the powers that be or not to be whatever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jul 2014, 10:58

SENT OFF A 22 PAGE COMPLAINT WITH EMAILS FROM THE DO AND MY OT AS WELL AS WELL CONVERSATIONS WITH BOTH MY CM AND VAC CALL CENTER, BASTARDS THOUGHT WE ARE ALL RETARDS,GRUNT ALERT LAUGH MY FACKIN ASS OFF
CAUSE I AM ACTUALLY PISSED AT THIS PROCESS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jul 2014, 10:54

THIS WAS MY RESPONSE TO A DUMB QUESTION ON THE COMPLAINT LETTER SO I MADE SUBTLE CHANGES TO THE QUESTION
ref: page 2 of 7 The statement what "is the most recent step you have taken so far regarding this complaint" and
my response is simply, this is the first administrative step i have chosen due to the fact that if a District Office
can feed me a line of excuses then the above steps to me are useless as this process is ridiculously way to long
and I am fed up with being construed as an idiot. I do apologize as yes I know I am not an idiot but allowing a file to
sit for over 6 months because the District Office needs to train a new D.O.T, short staff causes case back log,
and people on holiday means others are over worked are not my problem. However if I was a new incoming D.O.T then
my first priority would be, "why do I need a complete change over I already know the job" and secondly where are my
staff and if I am short I ask for more staff to reduce those files A.S.A.P. When a VAC Client Representative informs me that my decision is based on financial criteria in access to what is allotted for this service I say fine but please show me the common sense in a decision that will ultimately cost the tax payer more. 
Sir have the power to write the letter, you however have the chore of patching a sinking ship and I know I am not the problem.
I am not asking for a pot of gold just a scooter and ramp so i can enjoy time with family and friends.
Thank you for your service and God Speed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jul 2014, 08:10

ya I had some real crappy ones the one I have now is great I really wish I could clone her as well. boys they are out their . when you get new one Robbie maybe you will luck out.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jul 2014, 05:40

Hey Teen do you think contacting Sean will help at all if so send me his info and I will pass it up thanks and yes keep flooding with factual complaints full of real issues or they get put into a whiner pile, ps I want Rex's CM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next