Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REBATE OF TAX PAID FOR VIP SERVICES

2 posters

Go down

REBATE OF TAX PAID FOR VIP SERVICES Empty Re: REBATE OF TAX PAID FOR VIP SERVICES

Post by Guest Fri 19 Sep 2014, 18:31

Great job loggie,

thanks for passing that on, and yes I agree, better in our pockets for sure.

Back to top Go down

REBATE OF TAX PAID FOR VIP SERVICES Empty Re: REBATE OF TAX PAID FOR VIP SERVICES

Post by loggie Fri 19 Sep 2014, 14:04

FYI for all, I just received ruling from the GST/HST folks and they confirmed that we do not have to pay the tax for VIP services. That includes inside and outside. So if your provider charges you then submit the forms I mentioned above and you will be reimbursed. For me that is almost $800. Better in our pockets then theirs!!!
Great weekend to all.

loggie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 19 Aug 2014, 10:55

My bad loggie. With all the tax talk it's hard for me to separate taxes and rebates. Getting old LOL.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by loggie Tue 19 Aug 2014, 07:42

Teen, not quite sure if I understand you but just to clarify, you do not need to wait for tax season. I get my VIP money and immediately pay my provider in advance for services to be received. As soon as I do that I file my tax rebate forms.

loggie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 18 Aug 2014, 22:11

This topic was in the wrong Topic so I moved it to Veteran Help as this is something that needs to be remembered for this year's taxes.

Great work Loggie and BZ for sharing.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Aug 2014, 17:41

great stuff loggie thanks buds.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by loggie Mon 18 Aug 2014, 15:41

One last thing in case anyone has any questions, the reference for this subject is GI 166, which can be found in the "Forms and Publication" pages at www.cra.gc.ca

loggie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by loggie Mon 18 Aug 2014, 15:35

Here is the news.
IAW the CRA, we are entitled to get the GST/HST refunded to us from our VIP payments.
What you need is the form GST 189, available from www.cra.gc.ca,
a copy of your receipt from your VIP service provider showing how much tax you paid, AND a copy of the letter the govt sends us twice a year outlining how much VIP money we will be receiving.
According to the CRA rep with whom I spoke, this can be back dated to Apr 1st of 2013.
That is it!

loggie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by loggie Mon 18 Aug 2014, 13:12

Great news, just got the answer, with references, as to how we can get back the HST we pay to our VIP providers.
More to follow asap

loggie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by loggie Sat 02 Aug 2014, 09:58

Sparrow, I have asked my provider to get me a copy of the correspondence that they received from the government outlining this policy and as soon as I get it (approx 2 weeks) I will share with all.
Yes it is nice up in this part of the world.
Keep well

loggie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Aug 2014, 16:07

Hi loggie, my parents live in your area, Peek A Boo Trail - Georgian Bay. Sounds good then this rebate. Did you see the paperwork and if so was it a Gov program? like an HST rebate of sorts? Take care.

Back to top Go down

Post by loggie Fri 01 Aug 2014, 15:46

Sparrow, the provider is the one who informed me and in fact did up the paperwork. They found out when they discovered that the VIP payment was a benefit and for whatever reason was not taxable.
I am unclear so I am asking if others have gotten a rebate.
Wishing you well

loggie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Aug 2014, 15:35

loggie, not heard of this before. Did your provider say  "they" meaning  the provider would rebate clients for the taxes paid or  was it the Gov rebating the taxes paid? I cant see VIP program rebating taxes since it is a benefit and service of which we  don't  pay out of pocket  for ourselves. I suppose what the provider does between the client and provider is entirely up to them.

Back to top Go down

REBATE OF TAX PAID FOR VIP SERVICES Empty REBATE OF TAX PAID FOR VIP SERVICES

Post by loggie Fri 01 Aug 2014, 13:10

I was just informed by my provider that since the government has switched to paying twice a year, and if we pay that directly to our providers, then we are able to get a rebate for the full amount of the tax paid.
Has anyone else heard/know about this?
I sincerely hope everyone is having a great day!

loggie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down