Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week End Help

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week End Help - Page 2 Empty Re: Week End Help

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2014, 10:42

Brasidas,

The way that I understand what transpired over the Weekend is a poor judgement call from one individual,
and that individual sounds to me to be the one that phone you stating that you were suspended for unprofessional conduct,
from your post it sounds like it came from your General Manager.

Further, it sounds like someone picked this error out quickly, and corrected it.

It also sounds like you did have some support during your ordeal from Ella, who was quick to remove the picture,
and also from Joan who watched over you until your replacement arrived.

So as it stands now, it looks like and unfortunate situation brought upon by one individual that caused all of this.
They have already admitted the suspension was unjustified, so if you need time off, take it.
Let them sort out there own problems with respect to the one individual, who caused this.
From what I have read it sure looks like you do have some support from co workers,
so I would not take this to be a fight personally against you.
I think you should give them a chance to prove that, and when you do return to work, I think it would be a good Idea to forget about the whole thing,
keeping any records you do have for further backing if needed.
Now that this unfortunate ordeal has taken place, and is being dealt with, it's unlikely it will occur again any time soon.

In closing,

I do realize that it has brought undue stress to you, but sometimes we just have to press forward, and carry on with life.
It may even turn out to be a better work place environment for you, from all this.
One thing is for certain, you will always find support here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Mon 15 Sep 2014, 07:29

Tired! Every day is a fight. When things start looking better people always show up to kick you down.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Sun 14 Sep 2014, 21:37

They cancelled the meeting and want me to carry on as if nothing has ever happened. The doctor told me to take time off, so I will. Hopefully he will have the letter finished by the end of tomorrow. If not I told work they will have to wait until Thursday as that is my regular scheduled day with the doctor. I don't understand how they can just sweep this under the rug. They are worried now because the witnesses have been writing me letters stating I was not unprofessional. Everything is in writing on my side. They have committed nothing in writing to me except for the suspension, which in my eyes means I am still suspended until further notice, and not allowed on the property.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 14 Sep 2014, 19:27

Brasidas,

My 2 cents. Get a note from your doc… “under medical supervision until further notice” Give that to the meeting with the support of someone with you and walk away. Give copies for any others if you wish…. insignificant reps whose business it may not be…

“The Doctor told me to delay the meeting until I am mentally fit to participate.”

“My Doctor psychiatrist is writing a letter for stress leave, but must wait until Monday or Tuesday to get it.”

Doctors carry weight, power, and can trump a union, (not necessarily dva) been there done that.  But you gotta be sharp. Stick with your doctor…tight.   Pinger.

Last edited by pinger on Sun 14 Sep 2014, 19:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no smileys)
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 14 Sep 2014, 11:07

Braisdais I'd get this all in writing with signatures from witnesses and bosses just to be on the safe side.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Sep 2014, 17:43

Well that's a relief.

They should be now focusing on employes hanging pictures in the work place, that is where the problem started.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Sat 13 Sep 2014, 17:35

They were all well aware of my diagnosis since I sat down and discussed it 2 years ago when I started there. The district rep just called me and said the GM admits there was no cause for this suspension and would like me to carry on as if nothing happened. She also blamed her boss and stated she was just following orders and it's all his fault.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Sep 2014, 17:28

I would like to know if any of your managers are aware that you suffer from PTSD ? Prior to Sept 12th that is ?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 13 Sep 2014, 17:22

I'm sorry, but I don't care what anyone said, I would bring a tape recorder in with me. If you have no evidence, or a witness of your choosing, there is nothing to prevent them from railroading you, goading into a response that could result in you getting fired, or worse yet, provoked into quitting. Believe me, I know what it is like to face working in toxic work environment. I spent the last 7 months of my career on sick leave, because I had been harassed, ridiculed, demeaned, and downright bullied by my entire chain of command. Because I let them beat me, I lost out on 2 years of pensionable time. The last thing I want to see is another Vet lose a job, because of small mindedness of those in power.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Sat 13 Sep 2014, 16:10

I was told by the district Union rep that no recordings are allowed in the meeting and no support was allowed to come in with me either. They can give no reason for the suspension and three of the witnesses confirmed with the union rep that no unprofessional conduct took place on my behalf. One witness in writing so far. The district union rep has always sided with management here, so I am very leery to go into the meeting. The Doctor told me to delay the meeting until I am mentally fit to participate. Still can't figure out why I am not allowed someone with me for moral support as the peer support group said they could sent a member for me.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 13 Sep 2014, 13:41

I'm sorry that you've had to go through this, but I don't know about legal action just yet. I would go out and buy a tape recorder, and take it to the meeting, along with your wife for support. I would get them to state for the recorder what exactly did they construe as unprofessional conduct, and the time period for the suspension. I would also get your coworkers to write up witness statements. If the suspension is only for a few days, I would take it and make the most of the days off, but still keep the recording a letters, just in case they try to suspend you indefinitely, or fire you altogether.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Week End Help - Page 2 Empty Week End Help

Post by Brasidas Sat 13 Sep 2014, 12:05

Is there any weekend help for legal advice available. I was unjustly suspended from work on Friday for having an extreme episode of panic at work.
On Friday September 12th 2014 I went to work for my regularly scheduled shift. Note: I suffer from PTSD and receive a pension for this disability. When I entered the kitchen at 620 am I saw a picture posted of a fellow employee holding a knife and smiling. This picture caused me to start down a path of panic as I was under a lot of stress already from other problems. I tried my practiced breathing techniques, but could not calm down. I went inside at around 640am and asked them to call someone to help me as I was having a stress related attack and could not function. There are 4 witnesses to my behaviour. The picture was removed by an employee ELLA and another employee JOAN watched over me while waiting for someone to replace me. I left work at 710-715 am and arrived home at 735 am. I picked up my wife and daughter and we went to my parents’ house as it felt like a safe place for me. I received a call at 1057am that I was suspended for unprofessional conduct and received an email to that effect as well. There was no response given as to what the conduct was. The general manager that called said the conversation would be recorded. There is significant evidence to support I did nothing inappropriate. How can I proceed? They wish to speak with me on Monday 15th 2014 at 1230pm. I do not feel comfortable going to this workplace now. My Doctor psychiatrist is writing a letter for stress leave, but must wait until Monday or Tuesday to get it.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2