Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Erin O'tooles face book- post daily ELB for medically released vets.

+2
Teentitan
Dannypaj
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Erin O'tooles face book- post daily ELB for medically released vets. Empty Re: Erin O'tooles face book- post daily ELB for medically released vets.

Post by Rifleman Mon 03 Aug 2015, 18:16

Your not the only one pinger I was totally fracked on that one thanks for the explanation teen

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Erin O'tooles face book- post daily ELB for medically released vets. Empty Re: Erin O'tooles face book- post daily ELB for medically released vets.

Post by pinger Mon 03 Aug 2015, 17:44

Forgot about the disolved parliament. tx. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 03 Aug 2015, 15:19

pinger parliament is disolved so all departments are being run by the Deputy Ministers, bureaucrats.

So for VAC Walt Natynzyk is in charge of VAC.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 03 Aug 2015, 14:40

And again... "Mr. O'Toole might or could have been a very good MVA.....but not under the Harper regime."

Did he get axed? Did he step down or something? I didn't hear about.

Last I heard Erin O'toole was still the mva. As such and until the election.
Which hopefully will be the demise of harper and HIS GoC.

pinger.
I
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Mon 03 Aug 2015, 13:25

I agree with Teen and lets give credit where credit is due. He did help vets before he was MVA, no denying that. Why did he do what he did if he didn't care.......but!!

In his position as MVA........Harper pulls the strings and dictates what is to be done or not. Since he has been MVA he has made a good number of changes. Although I find the changes only affect a small number, this is not good enough in my limited opinion. Many of the changes were very cleverly disguised and I do not like deception what so ever. Regardless how good Mr. O'Toole is compared to his predecessors ....there is still many within VAC that have a negative mindset and there is still VRAB we have to deal with even if we do have the assistance of lawyers.

Mr. O'Toole might or could have been a very good MVA.....but not under the Harper regime. We are not blind idiots wanting to get on welfare, we are proud Canadians who have done more for this country than 99% of any Canadian and 100% more any politician afraid of rifles and helmets.

Simply......we deserve more.....we deserve better.......no more insulting our intelligence.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 03 Aug 2015, 13:13

Some really good posts propat and teen. Funniest thing though caught my eye teen, the last line of your 13:49 post yesterday. You wrote o'toole in the past tense... like history. I know.. you meant in the future he will be remembered.
But today ain't history yet my friend.

Here's a recurring thought I've had for months. Can you imagine if...
Erin o'Toole crossed the floor to the NDP? Blows the mind doesn't it?

Anyway, he's a good guy in my book so far. He must know a lot of tool jokes. Too bad he's been tainted by the current GoC though.

Maybe he should not have entered politics at all?
Because I feel his motives... are in the right place. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 03 Aug 2015, 13:11

Wether a veteran is a member of CSAT or not the rule of not bashing a veteran means all veterans.

This is an open forum...that means everyone and anyone can read what is posted.

Please respect the rules of VeteranVoice.info
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Aug 2015, 12:17

It was the mva taking the so called bashing on here not the veteran. And as for so called charities if the goc did their job there would be no need for charities. the mva is a part of the goc last i heard and he dont get off the hook vet or not. If he is on csat different story but will he come on and listen to disabled veterans and discuss issues no!!!! until then he is harpers puppet a lawyer first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 03 Aug 2015, 11:14

wild thing I wasn't bashing you I was asking you to follow the rules on CSAT...respect a veteran and do not bash them.

As for defending him I wasn't. I was pointing out what he did as a veteran before he became a politician. He was trying to put food on the disabled's table, as you said, before he became MVA and had to fight the bureaucratic machine to make the changes.

Our GoC does not put a lot of money into research of veteran illness'. True Patriot Love filled that problem and is starting to 'embarass' the GoC. In the past they never would have funded pilot projects for therapy dogs, equine therapy, ptsd research, getting homeless vets off the streets. Now they do. Why? Because of charities donating money for these programs and research. So don't dismiss charities they are doing the Governments job for us!

You say you are truth, duty and honor well a big part of that description is respecting other veterans. I know there is a lot of anger with veterans, I'm one of them. But no matter how angry we get bashing each other is non-productive, childish and disrespectful. Every time we bash each other publicly the bureaucrats at VAC smile.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Aug 2015, 07:17

honestly don't really know the guy but to me he seems like a decent fellow he really does . as the MVA he is a failure flat out .

of course I thought he would be on the top of the list to be offered the job but not for one second did I think he would accept it and I was floored when he did.

under the harper government there are no ministers of this and that harper IS the minister of everything so ya he deserves ALL the criticism . thing is o'toole took this job he ought to have known there is no way in a government that has shown nothing but distain for vets and a government that has shown they are unwilling to fix the one big problem with the NVC also taking a position where his hands are tide HE would get the criticism .

since 06 this has been a place where political careers go to die . maybe he thought he could spin the new benefits fantino was working on to make it look like a real fix for the NVC without having to deal with the real issue ,THE BUYOUT. or judging by the way he was presenting them and the way he was answering the questions about them when they first came out . HE really didn't understand how very limited these changes were and actually believed these WERE a fix.

either way he made the choice to take this job . he received all the praise for these benefits when they were first rolled out false praise or not and he WILL receive ALL the criticism's this office WILL bring until the buyout is ended deserved or not . again he took the job and should have done so with his eyes wide open .

I myself will criticise him even knowing full well the criticism belongs with harper but the MVA is still going to have to own it.

got a lot of time for stoffer judging by the polls TODAY he may have the position next . sure ill cut him some slack for all he has done for vets BUT if the buyout doesn't end ill be among those criticizing him as well whether his hands are tied or not.

I really don't give two flying fracks about what party flag you wave or what position you hold . if you or your party is in a position to give back to vets what was stolen from them AND YOU DONT.

YOUR GONNA FRACKIN WELL WEAR IT!!!!!

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Aug 2015, 06:06

Teen bigrex was right!   But now that you brought it up and so quick to defend MVA and bash me, if you put yourself in the position he put himself in being MVA and dont demand harper take the nesessary steps to fix it, AND HE KNOWS WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO FIX IT.  And use the media at a time like this to demand changes from the goc and one, just one more veteran commits suicide will you still be so quick to defend him.TRUTH DUTY HONOR TEEN is what you get from me and I expect the same in return. I dont give a shit how many charitys are out there they put food on every bodys table but disabled  veterans.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 02 Aug 2015, 13:56

I personally have nothing against the man. And if he was MVA under any other PM, even a Torie one, he may have been a great MVA.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 02 Aug 2015, 13:49

All I want is civility and respect Rex. A veteran is not to be attacked/ridiculed/offended on CSAT regardless of how any vet defines who and what makes a veteran.

Think what you want about me for what I am going to say...

Before Erin O'Toole became a politician he was instrumental in creating True Patriot Love. This veteran charity organization has donated millions of dollars to veteran charities and grants to universities researching ptsd.

Why did he help create True Patriot Love? Because he saw the struggle disabled veterans were going thru.

Is he a perfect MVA? No. Because there hasn't been one in decades. But he tried his hardest to get as much done at VAC in the 8 months he had the job.

When we start to see the changes in administration and the implementation of benefits remember it was O'Toole that layed the foundation to make this happen.

Did I trust him as the MVA? Of course not. But I respect what he attempted to do...change the culture and attitude for the benefit of veterans.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 02 Aug 2015, 13:29

I think that wild thing just wanted to point out that just because someone is a Veteran, they may not necessarily have other Veteran's interest asa priority. And that even though he is a Veteran, he has not walked a mile in our shoes, because he is not disabled, and has never had to deal with the bureaucracy of VAC, from the other side of the bullet proof glass.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 02 Aug 2015, 11:21

Hey wild thing the comment on Erin O'Toole the veteran is too harsh. And we have had this debate before a veteran is a veteran REGARDLESS of their service records.

I want to take this opportunity now that the country is in election mode....LET'S KEEP THE COMMENTS ABOUT POLITICIANS CIVIL.

Yes I am screaming it because I want everyone to hear it. Thank you.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next