Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Benefits surfacing before Election ....... Will they be " Written into Legislation " & When ? The " DETAILS OF EACH " will be of Great INterest to say the least !

+4
bigrex
Teentitan
Dannypaj
Recon031
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Benefits surfacing before Election ....... Will they be " Written into Legislation "  &  When  ?  The " DETAILS OF EACH "  will be of Great INterest to say the least ! - Page 2 Empty Re: New Benefits surfacing before Election ....... Will they be " Written into Legislation " & When ? The " DETAILS OF EACH " will be of Great INterest to say the least !

Post by Guest Wed 18 Mar 2015, 10:22

I have stood assied for a few years, I would like to thank you teen for all and the rest of you for keeping this place alive for people like me, so good to be back

Back to top Go down

New Benefits surfacing before Election ....... Will they be " Written into Legislation "  &  When  ?  The " DETAILS OF EACH "  will be of Great INterest to say the least ! - Page 2 Empty Re: New Benefits surfacing before Election ....... Will they be " Written into Legislation " & When ? The " DETAILS OF EACH " will be of Great INterest to say the least !

Post by Teentitan Tue 17 Mar 2015, 17:26

The debrief is at 6pm so check back here around 7ish pm.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 17:23

I heard and its rumour only, that the new family benefit will be modelled like our VIP benefit grants and issued twice a year for people on VIP! Teen you hear anything like that's?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 17 Mar 2015, 17:17

Enhancing the Permanent Impairment Allowance (PIA) by expanding its eligibility. It provides life-long monthly financial support to Veterans whose employment potential and career advancement opportunities have been limited by a permanent service-related injury or illness. The change will expand the number of Veterans eligible for the PIA, by being less restrictive about the requirements relating to their ability to independently carry out most daily activities.

Here is my question:  When you are medically released as an Able Seaman and never had the opportunity to advance in a career and not by choice. My opportunities were limited! If I wasn't injured permanently, then why was I medically released.  But still I feel like I will have to beg and plead for financial support.  Thank you for keeping my anxiety level at a max today.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 17 Mar 2015, 16:49

I still don't know if I qualify.  I guess I will wait for the message to be untangled and deciphered on the CSAT.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 Tue 17 Mar 2015, 16:42

......... And a Huge Thank - You to you Ron , aka Teentitan for Leading the Charge !

For Country
Retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
family of .......7....... get er' done bye's !

Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 16:41

Teen,

He listed 6 or 7 groups, and Veterans Voice was one of them, and yes agreed, good job by all !

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 17 Mar 2015, 16:36

I think he was saying he is listening to the "veterans voices". Which everyone here on CSAT has and is using.

Actually I work with his staff and his Stakeholder manager very closely and each have said many interesting questions and insightful comments are originiating from CSAT.

So Good Job to everyone!!!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 16:29

Just saw the announcement from Mr. O'Toole on CTV, he mention Veterans Voice saying that he is engaged and listening to online support groups and Veterans Voice was named by the MVA.

Good job Teen !

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 17 Mar 2015, 16:02

I am trying to get some intel on what has to go into a bill and what is admin procedure's and when is the admin going to be done.

Might take a few days but will post as soon as I get it.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 17 Mar 2015, 15:57

6608, your right in that some of these enhancements don't have to wait. e.g. pia would just be a minor internal tweak. And the mva did quote April the 1st.... no aprils fools. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 17 Mar 2015, 13:59

On point trooper. Wait and see I guess! it is moving pretty quickly! and out of all of these announcements only good news as of now (the people of Canada respect their Veterans) these announcements is a sure sign, but as of now I sit and wait and thankful for a forum to keep up to date with all that is happening for Canadian Veterans.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 13:45

I agree these changes will be in place before the election.

One point to consider here with all these new announcements coming at a high rate of speed, these changes are coming from the current government via our MVA, the MVA is looking at the  parliamentary review of the New Veterans Charter, and addressing issues brought forward by this review.
So I think it would be fair to say that these changes, and future announcements will be geared towards the NVC.
We may  think that some of the changes are not adequate to fully satisfy us, which is fine, but what I do think is that changes were needed, changes were brought forward, and now we have a Minister who is acting in a lightning speed to address, and act upon what was asked for by those who requested change.
So these steps as of late, shows room for optimism going forward, I think that if this type of mindset by our government - MVA continues, we should have little problems asking the MVA to take a second look at some of the changes that are brought forward, to at least look, and or listen to any concerns we may have with some of the changes, to allow for perhaps improved amendments to one or more of the changes brought in, for future consideration,of amending.
This can be done now as they are being written - or down the road.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 17 Mar 2015, 12:56

redfisher , what are you referring to about the $5,000 for spouses as my wife stopped working and now takes care of me with respect to laundry , cooking , dishes , cleaning , etc but no personal stuff such as bathing , dressing , etc?

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 17 Mar 2015, 12:48

Social media the new tool to voice our concerns.  It will make it harder to keep a veteran uninformed now a day.  Imagine the outrage announcing all of these changes and no one sees any! Well! if the pilot made it back to base or wherever he was heading 100% of the time with Mr. OToole as the Navigator, hopefully he will put his military training as navigator and help  all of us veterans 100% to finally have a sense of wellbeing,  peace of mind and a feeling of respect.  I have respected and only want the same in return .  FIX ALL THE GAPS. Question .
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next