Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Benefits surfacing before Election ....... Will they be " Written into Legislation " & When ? The " DETAILS OF EACH " will be of Great INterest to say the least !

+4
bigrex
Teentitan
Dannypaj
Recon031
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

New Benefits surfacing before Election ....... Will they be " Written into Legislation "  &  When  ?  The " DETAILS OF EACH "  will be of Great INterest to say the least ! - Page 3 Empty Re: New Benefits surfacing before Election ....... Will they be " Written into Legislation " & When ? The " DETAILS OF EACH " will be of Great INterest to say the least !

Post by 6608 Tue 17 Mar 2015, 12:48

Well all the proposed changes don't all have to wait from what I'm reading an enhancement to a program can be done right away. for example the reserve ELB increase (starts next month) and i would say the PIA changes could fall under this category by that reasoning.The others are new programs or grants though so its hard to say on them all.

Cheer's

Last edited by 6608 on Tue 17 Mar 2015, 12:49; edited 1 time in total
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

New Benefits surfacing before Election ....... Will they be " Written into Legislation "  &  When  ?  The " DETAILS OF EACH "  will be of Great INterest to say the least ! - Page 3 Empty Re: New Benefits surfacing before Election ....... Will they be " Written into Legislation " & When ? The " DETAILS OF EACH " will be of Great INterest to say the least !

Post by Teentitan Tue 17 Mar 2015, 12:44

Sorry about that Rex my bad.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 12:40

As usual they are throwing out scraps to us and thinking they are doing a good thing. In my other Parallel Universe there is no NVC, we are recieving a minimum of 75% tax free of our release salary, if we are deemed totally and permanently disabled we don't have to go and prove it every year, and PIA will automatically be included and be tax free. Spouses who had to cut back hours on their jobs or quit to look after us also get the 75% tax free benefit and not only $5000 a year which is mostly taxable.

Well Harper is not making any big promises, just little tidbits or scraps, before this election. What I feel needs to be done is instead just talking how about just doing it, then letting us know it is done.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 17 Mar 2015, 12:34

I meant if they had only made one promise, they might get away with letting it die. But with an entire suite of promises, they cannot afford to let any of them slip.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 17 Mar 2015, 11:54

I can't even see one dieing Rex. Only way is if the opposition pulls a douche move and blocks it somehow.

They are World Poker Tournament ALL IN!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 17 Mar 2015, 11:32

I agree with teen. These are just too big of promises, for them to let die on the order paper, before the election. They might let one die, but not four, or more.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 17 Mar 2015, 11:15

At this point in the game and at the clip these announcements are coming I'd say the Cons are "all in". If they do not get these benefits, improvements implemented before cabinet stands for the summer then an election then it's suicide by stupidity for their party.

They are leaking all the info for national news coverage and all it will take is 1 pissed off vet who is affected by any or all of these changes and Canada will see how they are treating vets.

Just my opinion
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 Tue 17 Mar 2015, 09:52

......... That in itself is a Great Question Nav ! ........

......What changes will be brought foeward to Att. Allow. , EIA , PIA , PIAS ?

...... Remember ..... they want to  "  COMBINE  "   everything under  VAC  now  to include ELB , Sisip LTD , etc , etc , etc .....!

For Country
Retired Army MasterSniper
dave Fitzpatrick
family of ........7........ get er' done bye's !
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 09:51

If you receive EIA then you can't receive the PIA or supplement ? Does these new rules change that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 09:49

If you receive the Attendance Allowance the new caregiver might not apply? The details and exemptions will be interesting!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 08:33

well as predicted by many they would make positive changes BEFORE the election . so im guessing these changes WILL be completed before the election . im guessing more small targeted changes like these will come . don't forget they will probably also want to dangle a post election carrot or two.

I must say im chomping on the bit right now to read the actual legislation cant wait for that.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 17 Mar 2015, 07:51

I like to see the detail of the fourth. I was directed by my CM to apply for this benefit and was denied. I would not of applied if she hadn't mentioned it. He or she is the one who has access to my file and is the professional? ( Maybe, this will allow me to be reconsidered and included in receiving this benefit).
And like always with VAC, this is only wishful thinking.
Wait and see I guess.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

New Benefits surfacing before Election ....... Will they be " Written into Legislation "  &  When  ?  The " DETAILS OF EACH "  will be of Great INterest to say the least ! - Page 3 Empty New Benefits surfacing before Election ....... Will they be " Written into Legislation " & When ? The " DETAILS OF EACH " will be of Great INterest to say the least !

Post by Recon031 Tue 17 Mar 2015, 07:17

1......... RISB , retirement benefits increased to seriously injured Soldiers beginning @ 65 .

2........ Reservists benefits increased to  ,   Equal Terms with Regular Canadian Armed Forces .

3........ The Family Caregiver Relief Benefit .... $ 5,000 .... per year .

4........ Expanding eligibility for PIA to permanently injured , or ill Soldiers ???

For Country
retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
family of .......7...... get er' done bye's !

Last edited by Recon031 on Tue 17 Mar 2015, 09:50; edited 2 times in total
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3