Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

+6
prawnstar
RCNRetired
johnny211
pinger
Teentitan
Dannypaj
10 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Justin Trudeau! Now that  half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?   - Page 5 Empty Re: Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2015, 08:04

dannypaj welcome to the party, we all have story's here, stick around we are all in the same ship.

Back to top Go down

Justin Trudeau! Now that  half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?   - Page 5 Empty Re: Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Post by Dannypaj Thu 19 Mar 2015, 07:42

Understandably! RCNRetired!  If change only takes the swift stroke of a pen ( No matter what party it is) it will be done. The people of Canada want the best for their Veterans. 

The ACVA recommendations are established. Some gaps have been announced to be in the process of being addressed, and remembering that veterans are like the document, a living breathing charter!  So, making sure that any announcements made are unscrambled and will understood by every Veteran and unanswered questions are brought forth and answered.  

And thankfully for CSAT, I can talk to Veterans through this forum. Knowledge is power. 

Your right about Trudeau! his father a PM (privileged)hence easier (plenty of money) to be a politician
My father! retired military, myself (unprivileged) hence joining the forces (uprooted my whole life unable to form strong bounds in one community)

I am stuck in  over my head with all of the VAC stuff.
1.Reconsideration letter in the process (received notification a week ago that it is forwarded to head office in PEI)
2.Ombudsman review of my case ( I am waiting to have someone assigned to my file)
3. and trying to navigate through VAC

I plan to get back on my feet. 

Mental Health! Depression! I went to rehab and have been off alcohol for about ten months now (VAC sent me). Prior to that  I was drinking almost everyday and all day.  Thankfully I didn't lose everything! When your wife and kids are scared of you and then you add alcohol to the mix, will being sober was my only option. 
The road I have been down and the road I am on now is still difficult, and if VAC keeps a centric approach and it is really a department that is there to  look after Canada's Veterans then make it easier for the Veteran.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RCNRetired Wed 18 Mar 2015, 23:43

I spent 30+ years in the military and the liberals were government for most of them. Lets not forget the it was Trudeau's daddy that killed the military. his constant budget cutting and non-support have caused so many issues that we still are buried under. Lets remember it was the Liberals that invented the NVC and yes the Conservatives and NDP that forgot to read the document before they voted. I am most certainly not a Harper fan, as I think he needs a lesson on life but i would rather die than give the snot nosed little school teacher Trudeau my vote. Just saying.

RCNRetired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 18 Mar 2015, 22:34

SPREAD THE WORD CSAT is open for BUSINESS!!!!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3413
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 18 Mar 2015, 19:32

This site is helping me! I am finally getting answers and a lot of information. Thank you! Smile
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 18 Mar 2015, 19:18

Navrat - You are so right about teentitan, propat, bigrex, and others on here that help us when we are down and so wrapped in red tape we can't see straight. The best thing I did was join this forum a couple of months ago. Being in the mist of a reassessment, PIA review, and a threat of having my ELB pulled, I am so glad I found this forum. When some of us do a "Head spacing and Timing" appointment every week, the old brain can't keep all there policys straight.. it's awesome to get a pm and hear what others did in the same situation. It has helped me slow down, put pen to paper and continue the fight. But you all know what - It should not be this Damn Hard - Thanks Comrades for all you do on here. Very Happy

Over and Out
Johnny211
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 18 Mar 2015, 16:11

Nav if I was to get paid then eventually I would be part of the problem because bureaucracy would slowly swallow me up! LOL

Besides there is no better payment then helping a vet get his dignity back and back on their feet!!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Mar 2015, 16:02

Teen , Now that I am in complete 100 percent agreement. Imagine what they could do and provide if they cut the bureaucracy away. I really don't support any party but at this point I'd like to hear from the NDP and Liberals as to what the hell they are going to offer. As for the Cons if they really are legit and serious about this file then they will get my vote. My problem lies in the fact that a lot of stuff was thrown at us and until it's in black and white , and after the treasury board gets its grubby paws on it, will it really amount to change. At this point I want action, I want cheques and cash and benefits in veterans hands. I don't want policy and new programs announced and then all of a sudden this many veterans are covered and these ones aren't, if you were navy you get this and army you get that. If you were an officer or NCM I want the same benefits for all because disability and disease does not discriminate it effects us all, so if Harper is pulling a fast one and mixing words then turf him to the curb but if not and its for real then my support will be there. And Teen I believe you should get a annual benefit from VAC , The keeping vets informed and guiding us thru the dome of denial monthly benefit,, but Vac doesn't have enough money for that, lol, thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 18 Mar 2015, 15:24

You know Nav I've been thinking about that for a long time....why is there so many different classifications of a veteran? Why is there two Acts?

Only answer I come to is simple and one word...bureaucracy!

Bureaucracy is all about making the perfect policy. Problem is a perfect policy is as ellusive to find as the pink unicorn!

Now another side to bureaucracy....never admit you did something wrong. Always follow the bureuacratic code of conduct when confronted with a problem "It's fixable".

Even though the simple solution is just merge the two Acts it's like trying to get the starved lion not to eat the lamb!

Another bureuacratic code....jobs. To fix the problem we will demand more people to investigate, analyze, suggest via a "report". We will then read, analyze, have hearings, ask questions to clarify a point. Then it's sent back to the originator of the report to investigate, analyze and re-write the report.

So bureaucracy is a job-creating, investigating, debating, never admitting fault monster!!! They sure don't use the KISS policy we had in the military because of the one word in KISS...simple!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Mar 2015, 15:12

I must say I agree fully whit Teen, Justin is talkink the talk but not walking the walk anybody forget the way his daddy did things? Or the last time liberals were in power? How are army was reduced to trowing tennis balls insted of grenades? How the army was set back 10 years? thous days when we went on missions with no epuipement. Go back thous your careers and remember!!!!! Justen is a like a dummy training bullet, looks good, feels good, has the good look. But in real life will get us nower.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Mar 2015, 14:56

Thanks Pinger, I just hope it's all real this time but I will be the first to admit I am wrong and this time I hope I am. Why don't they just treat all veterans the same !

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 18 Mar 2015, 14:24

NavvyRat has it right... WAIT for dust to settle. It can be difficult given ones sit. but wait.
Just sit tight and wait... pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 18 Mar 2015, 12:17

The Liberals were approached by many veteran organizations and all he says is "hollow words" no, repeat, no committment.

Trudeau has never said he would reverse the lump sum.

He has never said he would drop the lawsuit.

He has made ZERO promises to the veteran community on what the Liberal Party will do.

If anyone is campaigning it's Trudeau using just words that are not/not binding. He refuses and refuses and refuses to put anything of substance on paper.

He was raised in a political house and he knows how to talk the talk, without it being binding, but walking the walk??? He walks in the shadows so he does not leave any chance of being committed to anything.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 18 Mar 2015, 11:44

In response to a written question posed by the opposition, the Department of Justice said it spent $694,070 in legal fees, while National Defence spent $3,231. Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau used the cost to demand in the House that the lawsuit be dropped.

Two for two!

Now that he wants the lawsuit dropped! States that Canada does have a sacred obligation to veteran! and I am still researching to see if he states that he would revert back to the monthly pension!

One would think that he would now state his position.  Or are they waiting for the grand finally!

Unless he doesn't have a clear position on Veterans!
Guess time will tell....
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Mar 2015, 10:16

oh nav im always sceptical and I will never believe words all I can do is be cautiously optimistic . in the end I will only look at actions .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next