Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

+6
prawnstar
RCNRetired
johnny211
pinger
Teentitan
Dannypaj
10 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Justin Trudeau! Now that  half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?   - Page 6 Empty Re: Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Post by Guest Wed 18 Mar 2015, 10:09

We have to wait until they release there promises! You never know they might be better, can't be worse. Wait until the dust settles and let's see who and how many are actually going to benefit from these announcements. The family care benefit is a respite benefit that was already available and in my option does Nothing to compensate a loved one who quits there job to care for the disabled veteran because let's face it , if the veteran needs a caregiver VAC is not going to provide it, lol, and 7500 a year works out what 150 dollars a week. In my city respite workers make 20 an hour if you can't find them so this announcement just gives those serious NVC clients 7 hours a week respite for there caregivers. My father in law gets more hours thru workers compensation, lol, but wait until the dust settles. This was a media blitz and calculated Con progranda tool that was planned for the election. What happened to the OVO recommendations these aren't what they were, these are scraps of what they were. And until us Sisip and cf pension guys get it in black and white I would not count on the RISP benefit . Let's wait and see how this plays out. Maybe I am wrong

Back to top Go down

Justin Trudeau! Now that  half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?   - Page 6 Empty Re: Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Post by Guest Wed 18 Mar 2015, 09:46

still not seeing the words I need to here.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 18 Mar 2015, 09:46

If the Liberals will please make a statement on what they intend to do to help Veterans prior to the election; maybe the winds of change will continue for the better.  Given the new announcements, which will be beneficial to some,  it still will not make up for the lose of earnings that are occurred when you are labelled disabled.  The PIA is a life-long monthly financial benefit for veterans whose employment potential and career advancement have been limited by a permanent service-related injury or illness.
So far, my best bet is the centric approach to a Veterans care!
AND my grievance submitted to the OVO.
Is the PIA the tool they will use to make up for the lose of career advancement potential? IDK.
or am I considered on track and on par with VAC standards. IDK.
Always uncertainty.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 10:08; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 18 Mar 2015, 09:17

Justin Trudeau on Veterans Affairs

In the House of Commons on November 25th, 2014. See this statement in context.

<p><a href="/debates/2014/11/25/justin-trudeau-1/only/">Permalink</a></p>
Veterans Affairs
Oral Questions
November 25th, 2014 / 2:25 p.m.
Liberal
Justin Trudeau! Now that  half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?   - Page 6 567_1_jpg_67x90_crop_first-28,20,68,20_q85
Justin Trudeau  Papineau, QC
Mr. Speaker, we have a sacred obligation to our veterans, but too many are struggling alone against mental illness. The Auditor General has concluded that the government is failing them. Since 2006, 128 veterans have waited three to seven years to find out if they even qualify for mental health benefits.
How could the Prime Minister let this happen?

Votes are important.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Mar 2015, 08:30

hi danny buds while I do agree ending the buyout is the number one solution to the number one problem with the NVC . I have only hered the other two parties say THEY WOULD LOOK INTO THIS MATTER ore THEY WOULD END THIS LAWSUIT ore WORDS to that effect .

yes these are far better WORDS than the cons are using when it comes to this matter but I haven't seen the words we are all looking for yet. they WILL bring back the monthly pension. not saying your wrong even though I READ A LOT I could have missed something .

if there is something I missed and you can find it I would sure love to read it and would appreciate it if you could post it.

thanks
propat

Back to top Go down

Justin Trudeau! Now that  half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?   - Page 6 Empty Justin Trudeau! Now that half measure announcments have been made. What is your solution?

Post by Dannypaj Wed 18 Mar 2015, 07:17

Veterans are not stupid. Thanks Liberals!  This is not about being stupid.  This is about the recommendations made by the OVO. They should be implemented.  Instead the Conservatives are flying from coast  to coast making "unsatisfactory half measure announcements", I get it! It is an election year!  Votes are important!  

I  wonder why the conservatives are not mentioning the lawsuit that is in the works. STALL! STALL! STALL!

Justin Trudeau already has his stance on the above mentioned issue; and correct me if I am wrong, but if elected he would reverse the lump sum payment to the monthly pension.

I know this would benefit me a lot and probably hundreds of other Veterans. 

Understand that there are veterans in the old charter and in the new charter and some in both.  Like myself! and navigating through benefits hoping with uncertainty that you may qualify just to be denied.
Clear, concise and easy  to understand! Say it as it is.   

Keep voicing our concerns and opinions! Someone is listening.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6