Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To The Honorable Minister O'Toole & The Federal Government ! ... some food for thought as you gain ground with Veterans from across this " Great Nation " ........Consider the following " 2 Significant points " please , for Your Approval & Action , Sir !

+5
Teentitan
RCNRetired
tripleh
Recon031
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

To The Honorable Minister O'Toole &  The Federal Government  ! ... some food for thought as you gain ground with Veterans from across this " Great Nation " ........Consider the following " 2 Significant points " please , for Your Approval & Action , Sir ! - Page 2 Empty Re: To The Honorable Minister O'Toole & The Federal Government ! ... some food for thought as you gain ground with Veterans from across this " Great Nation " ........Consider the following " 2 Significant points " please , for Your Approval & Action , Sir !

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 13:32

Personally, and this is just my view of this new RISB -

If 20 Veterans get it - that's fine by me

If 200 get it - that's fine by me

If 2000 get it - that's fine by me

If 20000 get it - that's also fine by me.

The way in which I view the RISB, and all the other announcements that were made for that matter, is simply that just because these announcements may not benefit me, some Veterans will benefit from it, and to me that is and improvement over the status quo.

Bottom line for me is that things are moving, some may not like the way in which they are moving, that's fine, but one thing is certain, there moving.

Some may disagree with my point of view on the subject, I have absolutely no problem with that, we are all family here, we do not always have to see eye to eye on any particular issue, it is normal to respectively disagree, this is simply my view.

Back to top Go down

To The Honorable Minister O'Toole &  The Federal Government  ! ... some food for thought as you gain ground with Veterans from across this " Great Nation " ........Consider the following " 2 Significant points " please , for Your Approval & Action , Sir ! - Page 2 Empty Re: To The Honorable Minister O'Toole & The Federal Government ! ... some food for thought as you gain ground with Veterans from across this " Great Nation " ........Consider the following " 2 Significant points " please , for Your Approval & Action , Sir !

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 13:13

hey nav bang bang lol or budget cut budget cut if you will. just something we use to yell while doing sect/plt attacks when we had no blanks or bullets left in our annual allotment . anyway I don't mind herring what DVA / OVO/MVA/GOC has to say on these matters I like reading them . the more info we get on what these groups are saying on these matters the better .

does one hand of the government know what the other is doing???

do they ever???

could any of these groups actually frack something up????

in my opinion they do it so often I think its policy!!!!

I really hope it is written up and we get to see it in righting soon.

thanks buds

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 12:41

I just got off the phone with my VAC worker, I don't even know why I'm posting this because it's going to get shot down, but she said I was a candidate for the new RISB at age 65 and yes it's meant for the ones who have no CF pension and an income review will be done prior to you reaching age 65 and certain incomes will be deducted. Her name is Corrie and she was told this by her manager to say to clients asking this question. So as far as Im concerned there will be deductions we just don't know what they are. I also said to her why if it only covers 200 clients by 2020 and she said exactly! It's the low income ones who will get it. All Otoole has done is purpose these changes but they have not released any details yet , Why, ? She also tod me the RISB is complete, it's written up and they have to send it to get Royal ascent?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 12:07

boys it all sound good and I hope it is . I think we have as many answers as we can get until the legislation is written and published. things could change as they are righting it and like a lot of legislation it can change from the time its introduced till the time its passed .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 12:02

I was at the March 9 announcement of the RISB. I was then in the debrief with 4 VAC employees who will be writing the bill. I specifically asked if there was going to be any clawbacks or deductions other then the 30% of the ELB. The answer they gave me was NO. There is no clawbacks.

Ofcourse when you turn 65 and are in receipt of a CF pension and your CPP/OAS kicks in your CF Pension is reduced. Last time I checked your ELB/LTD is not reduced as your CPP/OAS is not a disability payment it's old age.

To be sure of this I contacted the OVO who is asking for the "math" of the new RISB to make sure it is what they recommended in their report. Once they get it I will get the breakdown of the math to share with you all.

I am sorry I was very abrupt in my last post but like I have said before I don't sense deception from these announcements. O'Toole is delivering his 'veterancentric' treatment of vets.

Teleconferences, updates, personal ivitations to announcements, online townhalls is very encouraging for all vets.

I am not star-struck at the invites or being played and I am not politicking for the Cons...I'm advocating for vets, it's definitely a tricky thing to report without sounding like I'm part of Team Cons.

As an advocate I am watching a Minister who is sitting at a poker table and he is going all in with all the announcements and new benefits. So the cons either are going to be looked at in a positive light if everything they are promising is delivered or they will sewer themselves if they don't deliver the goods.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 11:52

Teen is correct, Mr. O'Toole has so far showed that he understands what Veterans want, he is talking the talk, and is walking the walk.
I realize that many fear him as just another politician who will eventually fail the Veteran community, and to be honest I think that Mr. O'Toole himself is fully aware of how the Veterans file has been handled in the past, he knows this, and understands fully that some Veterans would be skeptical, that is why he is working extremely hard day in and day out to better the Veterans file, his approach is solid, and sound, we just need to see what he has done thus far to understand where he is coming from.
I believe in given credit where credit is due, and let me tell you all Ladies and Gentleman I personally give the MVA 2 thumbs up for what he has done, and continues to do in his quest to better the Veterans file.
Sometimes in life when and individual is bending over backwards to help, the right thing to do is to show that individual some appreciation for what he is doing, I am sure that individual would appreciate that, and respect that.

With respect to what teen has stated in regards to this being and election year, I am 100% with him in that it does not matter, what matters is that things are improving, and really is that not what Veterans have been asking for, ( improvements ) ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 10:55

getting if straight from the horse is one thing, going down the chain of command before change are implemented will get different answers and will create KÉOSS. Double check all info before coming up whit the subject. This is hard to do but makes what is read comfortable and defendable. One burocrat is only a burocrat if he or she says something ask for reference you can read. the MVA can say one thing today but it will take up to 6 months for it to go all the way down and be readable for the burocrat and us.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 26 Mar 2015, 10:44

I agree that it does not help when the MVA says one thing, but the department says another. So, before we get into a pissing contest over who we think is getting the honest story about the RISB, I would suggest waiting until the legislation is tabled, and we can see the truth in writing. I'm sure that the Tories and VAC, have people reading these forums, and any kind of infighting, could tickle them. So maybe for now, we should just refrain from discussing aspects of these benefits that we just don't know about, and I'm just as guilty as anyone else.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 08:39

I don't know how this got turned into a trust issue with Teen. Nobody doubted what he was told, but I challenge anyone to use there My VAC Account and message VAC and ask like I did about the RISB and it's deductions. State what Teen said that No No No deductions of any kind will be taken off the RISB. Wait for your answer! I have mine in my message center in my VAC account but I have too much personal info in the email response to post online. I have copied Teens response here and sent it to VAC via message to see if my bar room charter is way off the line. The question is Anyone at age 65 can apply for RISB but will there be any income offsets and if not why only will a couple of hundred people qualify . Also a piece of advice, Never Never blindly trust a politician I can believe I heard that on here, it's sounding more and more like a conservative pro lobby group. The day we stop the questions is the very day Harper and his crew do the happy dance, LOL my God!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 07:03

Thanks Ron and in case most have noticed I limit my input here because Like The TEENMISTER stated rumour only fuels ignorance and we do not require this troops. Serious situations such as this require real intel real facts real legislation, I for one am glad that things morally financially and ethically will change for the veteran community. Recon I loved your post and you know I love your passion. Thanks Ron what can I say, but I respect your commitment for all veterans today and tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 26 Mar 2015, 06:55

I received more solid answers and information here on CSAT, then I have since I left the forces in 2003.  Thanks to you teen and a couple of others.

I guess it is hard to believe that things are improving with VAC, thus the reason for all the speculation.

I am waiting for the dust to settle and gathering as much information as I can to make sure I am not left behind again in the future.

Glad teen that you can set things straight! You in the loop with the decision makers is the best thing for this forum and the Veterans that need a voice of reason.

Looking at the MVA history, I am sure I sailed with him during a NATO Exercise (Strong Resolve in Norwegian waters) in the early spring of 1998, while his squadron was attached to the HMCS St. John. 

TRUST MINISTER O'TOOLE!
Okay! I will.  Having a Veteran at the Helm of VAC maybe the best for all of us.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 25 Mar 2015, 22:28

OK I have some SOLID INTEL on the RISB.....AS I HAVE STATED BEFORE AND WILL STATE AGAIN...

THE RISB WILL BE ADDED TO ALL EXISTING ALLOWANCES/BENFITS/AWARDS A VAC CLIENT IN RECIEIVING.

Youi will not be PENALIZED if you are recieivng a CF Pension, VAC allowance, grant.

THE RISB IS GOING TO BE 70% OF YOUR LTD OR ELB THERE IS NO DEDUCTIONS OF ANY OTHER PAYMENT YOU ARE GETTING.

Yes the above is in all CAPS because I am getting somewhat tired of rumors, bar talk, or thoughts about the NEW benefits.

In the debriefing of the new benefits announced by Minister O'Toole I specifically asked if there was going to be any subtractions, penalties or deductions for those who qaulivy for the RISB and I was 100% assured that there is zero penalties...zero deductions...and zero clawbacks that would apply to the RISB.

So again please stop the bullsyte speculation, opinons, mystic thinking about the RISB. If you want to continue with the above mentioned whispers, rumors or bar room banter then get the proof from either the Ministers office, the OVO, SISIP or VAC CM employees that I am not stating the TRUTH

People I am not trying to bullshyte you, lie to you, or confuse you. I am in the teleconferences to get you the truth!

As much as we all love gossip, banter, bullshyte comments I am bringing you the truth!

I am not a puppet of VAC or do I want to spread false information. CSAT is about bringing the best info to you. I AM A VETERAN...I LOOK BETWEEN THE LINES...I DO NOT WANT TO SPREAD FALSE INFORMATION...MY JOB IS TO BRING YOU SOLID INTEL AND IF THERE IS PURE 100% BULLSHIT FROM THE MINISTERS OFFICE THEN I REPORT IT TO YOU

This Minister's job is to bring positive changes to the NVC. Yes it is an election year but who feckn' cares!!!!! Change is happening and it is change that is positive for veterans. Please stop looking for loopholes, lies and bad intel.

I HAVE BEEN AN ADVOCATE FOR 15 YEARS! I can smell, see, hear bullshyte from Ministers, VAC staff and yes the OVO from a mile away.

I DON'T SMELL IT NOW!!

IF I AM WRONG I WILL WEAR IT...I WILL QUIT BEING AN ADOVOCATE...I WILL CEASE BEING THE CSAT FORUM MASTER AND PUBLISHER OF VVi!!!

STOP THE RUMORS AND START TRUSTING WHAT IS COMING OUT OF MINSTE O'TOOLE'S MOUTH!!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by RCNRetired Wed 25 Mar 2015, 21:19

So for a Veteran, life ends at 65 cause that is when we will slip below the poverty line for most. Hell cannot afford to buy RRSPs etc or stow away retirement funds and that is with SISIP will be living in the street in a few years or at the Hamiliton Legion

RCNRetired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next