Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics)

+24
meteck
Dannypaj
robleggett
Recon031
Sapper Zodiak
pinger
shanghaied
Wife of a Veteran
turbo
dzanzio
Teentitan
Rifleman
pteadams2002
tiger660
TripleT
bigrex
puddleduk2
K9
derngt
1993firebird
Rags
OldZipperhead
DeeCee
peep
28 posters

Page 63 of 64 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Go down

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics) - Page 63 Empty Re: Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2013, 16:28

Same here Bolt.
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics) - Page 63 Empty Re: Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics)

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2013, 16:24

No because I had less than 10 years in so all I had was a return of contributions.

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Tue 26 Feb 2013, 14:23

Ha BoltAction....Little off topic. Did you lose much of your Military pension when you got CPPD. Just curious about that clawback. Thanks

derngt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 25 Feb 2013, 22:36

Listen , ask to speak with at SISIP as she deals with appeals due to the clawback , if you got nothing from SISIP because your VAC pension was more than what SISIP was going to give you to top you up to 75% of your final salary then there was no reason to give medical updates. If you go through the law firm and get retro that way, you will have to pay 15% legal fees.

Last edited by teentitan on Tue 26 Feb 2013, 15:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please DO NOT USE SISIP Employee Names)

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 21:36

Thanks folks and I will keep you all updated indeed.

Sparrow is absolutely correct in the way she described what will happen next with the adjudicator as that's what Peter had suggested would take place in my case in the event SISIP denied my appeal. I know he asked if he could submit my letter to the board when I first approached him with my concerns which of course I said yes to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Mon 25 Feb 2013, 20:52

Well that is interesting. That would mean you are not a zero sum back then or where you?

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 19:11

I hope that the Law firm, can help you with your situation ,

Best of luck and keep us informed.

Back to top Go down

Post by OldZipperhead Mon 25 Feb 2013, 19:00

BoltAction308: Good - don't back down and make SISIP blink first!
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 18:59

Bolt, what was explained at the hearing on the 14th of Feb and 15th is that an independant adjudicator lead by a person named Laura Burns I believe was the name, will be reviewing any disputed cases or settlements that are brought forward. This management team will not answer to any Gov agencies or Sisip and will be paid by our legal team. Second to that, Deloits company will also be overseeing Sisip independantly on files and claims again not answering to GoC and paid for by our legal team. I want to assure you your case will be reviewed in all fairness and on its merits so I hope you know this much. Take care. sparrow

Last edited by sparrow. on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 19:00; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 18:58

interesting ....keep us updated .... i know you arent alone on this type of situation

Back to top Go down

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics) - Page 63 Empty SISIP Denied My Appeal

Post by Guest Mon 25 Feb 2013, 18:53

As the title implies, I sent out a letter to SISIP after communicating with Peter Driscoll a few weeks after telling him my situation. As some of you know, my wife and I are both ex-mbrs (Reg. Force) and while researching the class action for her, it dawned on me that somewhere along the lines I got screwed by SISIP because I never got a red cent from them when I was released on a 3B medical! I applied for benefits when I was first released and was denied even though I recv'd CPP-D benefits.

Anyhow a few weeks ago I sent off a letter to SISIP asking them to look into my file again because I felt I should've at least received the 75% x 2 years benefits when I was 3B'd out in 1993. They sent me the letter back saying they waited for me to send them updated medical information and even sent out the forms to me in 2004. As it turned out, they sent the forms to my Ontario address when I was actually living in Newfoundland.

So today I get a letter saying that they spoke to me on 2 occasions in 2002 and 2004 and I never submitted the additional medical information. Now I'm no memory expert that's for sure but I know for a fact if I was applying for benefits and was asked to submit additional medical information I'd have done it right away! Anyhow, they went on to say they waited a year and since they didn't receive the new medical information/evidence they closed my file.

Now this is where I find it interesting if not contradicting. In the last sentence they say that I had one calendar year to appeal the initial decision and therefore since it was well after 365 days fro my first application to SISIP in 1993, I cannot appeal and my file was closed. If that is the case, why then did they claim they sent me forms in 2002 and why did they say they spoke to me in 2004 if I couldn't appeal one year after 1993?

Either way i scanned the letter and emailed it off to Peter's assistant today to have them review it. Peter did say when I first contacted him that SISIP would likely tell me I couldn't appeal and if they did use that tactic that I could get a hold of him and have McInnis Cooper review my file which is exactly what I'm doing now.

I can't say I'm surprised by SISIP's reply denying my appeal but now that I'm armed with a little more knowledge on the subject and of course this forum, I'l make damned sure that if I am entitled to benefits that I'll get them and if Peter and/or MC come back and tell me that I am not entitled to any benefits, well at least I know I'll have been given the truth.

Last edited by BoltAction308 on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 18:57; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typos)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 18:09

Thanks for the info and support folks. Will keep you updated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 17:00

Good luck BoltAction. try not to get discouraged and keep up the fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Wed 23 Jan 2013, 12:33

Yes am waiting, and everything I do goes to the law firm. They are too busy to answer me back right now, but I hope soon.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeCee Wed 23 Jan 2013, 12:30

Peep, like I mentioned, send an E-mail to SISIP and BCC, the law firm with your SISIP docs only. Tell them that you would appreciate your file in it's entirety either via E-mail or snall mail. Hold off sending anything to the law firm until after the Feb court date. Chris
DeeCee
DeeCee
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 63 of 64 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64  Next