Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics)

+24
meteck
Dannypaj
robleggett
Recon031
Sapper Zodiak
pinger
shanghaied
Wife of a Veteran
turbo
dzanzio
Teentitan
Rifleman
pteadams2002
tiger660
TripleT
bigrex
puddleduk2
K9
derngt
1993firebird
Rags
OldZipperhead
DeeCee
peep
28 posters

Page 62 of 64 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next

Go down

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics) - Page 62 Empty Re: Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics)

Post by 1993firebird Sun 19 May 2013, 17:20

I think DJHatman works for the law firm as he seems to think that just because they won the law suit that they should get legal fees on money from 2012 onward, if someone puts an appeal in for LTD in 2020 for retro going back to 2012. Yes MC got the clawback stopped but just as going forward payments from 2012 and onward are not subjected to legal fees neither should retro going from 2012 forward , July that is.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics) - Page 62 Empty Re: Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics)

Post by bigrex Sun 19 May 2013, 15:00

I would agree that the third party adjudicator is the way to go. She will not have any hidden agendas, like saving the insurance company money, when making her decision. While the SISIP appeal process will likely be fixed, with the decision often made before the application is even sent. In fact, the only reason they even offer an appeal, is they are legally obligated to offer it.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4064
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 14:10

got it its july 2012.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Sun 19 May 2013, 13:49

Para 30 and 31 of the court agreement have the day for consideration of legal fee's, anything beyond those dates would have to do with your reinstatement date I am guessing, any amount from there forward would be yours sans legal fees..
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 12:47

well it should be May 1, 2012 but i cant say for sure.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 12:30

Any amount clawed back are subject to legal fees, its simple, if it was not for the law firm you would not be getting anything!

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Sun 19 May 2013, 12:19

I think a better chance is through an independent adjudicator as well. I am zero sum. On retroactive pay , what is the cut off date for legal fees being taken by MC? I mean if someone appeals LTD in 2015 and retro goes back to 2000 ,the clawback was stopped in 2012 ,so does MC get legal fees from 2012 to 2015 from that retro which is not part of the settlement amount?

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 11:04

some guessing:?? you will have a better chance with an independent adjuticator but no one knows yet becouse no one has been through it.now as for any monthly ammount you would recive after the clawback of dva well if you are zero sum its moot if not i see nothing in the legal documantation that says they can touch that in fact quite the contray so im 99.99% sure they cant touch that even if you use the independant adjuticator.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 10:54

firebird the lawfirm will take its leagal fees for all the retro from the clawback of dva no matter what way you go.

hope this helps

propat

Back to top Go down

Appeal (SISIP) (Assorted Topics) - Page 62 Empty Question for anyone who has knowledge on the subject.

Post by 1993firebird Sun 19 May 2013, 10:42

I recently was denied TPI past the first 24 months, 2009 to 2011, and I was informed that I can appeal through SISIP or through MC. If I appeal through SISIP and my appeal is denied will I still be able to appeal again with the independent adjudicator? Also if my appeal is granted through SISIP will I have to pay legal fees as I did not go through the law firm? I am not sure if there is a difference in appeal process's with respect to fairness as my past experience has always been that the corporation that you are filing a claim with almost always denies it and then there is another section within the corporation that helps you to appeal that denial and most times it is denied again because it is all about money. Now the law firm is all about money too but getting it not giving it , so I may have a stronger chance getting TPI through them as I assume that if I do go through the law firm I will have to pay legal fees going back from the current time to 2011.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 12:54

Thanks K9 will look into that as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 12:53

I'm no longer in Ontario and have been living in Newfoundland for the last 10 years.

I'm going to keep at it until I know with absolute certainty whether I'm entitled to anything or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Feb 2013, 08:37

Bolt you live in Ontario where there are many Lawyers that will do it for free. So why pay anyone they need the exposure and must do so many pro bono hours. So call around or go on Web or better yet just put an ad on Kijiji let them contact you.

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Wed 27 Feb 2013, 00:43

BoltAction,
Just a comeback on what Sparrow wrote, the name of the Adjucator is Laura Bruneau, she will be paid by the GOC and the same for Deloite,
You will find the info on how it will work on The Proposed Order, p.7, para 26 and before, all important info is ther: http://sisipclassaction.com/content/Proposed%20Order.pdf
Chears,
P.
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2013, 23:15

Pay the legal fees, its worth it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 62 of 64 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next