Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why i cant fight for the benefits i deserve!!!

5 posters

Go down

Why i cant fight for the benefits i deserve!!! Empty Re: Why i cant fight for the benefits i deserve!!!

Post by Guest Tue 28 Apr 2015, 14:00

Wildthing, don't give up. My husband was the same.He couldn't even look at the paper work. We got a hold of a local vet through the legion. Him and another very came and spent an afternoon with us, showing us the ropes. We never would have completed the paperwork without their help. But yeah, you can also call dva and tell them its a barrier for you...thinking of you here on the west coast. Do you have a case manager yet? Oh, and I cant say enough about the Occupational stress clinics...I agree...reach out..

Back to top Go down

Why i cant fight for the benefits i deserve!!! Empty Re: Why i cant fight for the benefits i deserve!!!

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:19

I have suffered with this since 1990 not knowing what was happening and before I even heard the name ptsd. It is hard to change now but i have the information thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Sun 26 Apr 2015, 12:37

Wild Thing, I went through the same thing you are going through a few years ago. I would look at a form and my brain froze up. I had a hard time filling in my name. Luckily my case manager was very experienced with PTSD cases. She knew what to say and how to say it. She came to my house a few times and did a little bit at a time till we were done. I was extremely fortunate to have her and my application went through with no problems. I also had a very experienced psychologist who had dealt with VAC many times and she also knew what to say and how to say it. Just an example of how you can be helped without going thru hell every time you look at a form. Do you have an Occupational Stress Injury office near you. They are all vets who help other vets. http://www.osiss.ca/en/contact.html . Hang in there and don't go through this alone. Reach out to as many people as you can

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Apr 2015, 09:17

Thanks Sparrow keep the intel coming on the ajudication we appreciate more than you know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Apr 2015, 09:05

Im going to wait and see if i win my sisip appeal if i do thats all i need then i dont have to deal with harpers affairs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sun 26 Apr 2015, 08:21

Fill out the paper work! Even just sign the one's that need a signature.  
I Missed out on 6 years of help because I didn't fill out the ELB paperwork when I received it.  
You must fill out  the paperwork, leave blank what you cannot fill in and send it.

Teentitan is right on the centric approach.  We are all on a case to case basis.  
You have a medical condition that is contributed to your service and it is causing you to have a barrier to transition, your quality of life is suffering.  
I know it is hard to move forward, but not sending off the paperwork will just delay the process.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Apr 2015, 07:35

Stay well wild thing ~ you have friends on Csat that support you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Apr 2015, 05:06

Lorazepam and Amitriptyline and three days of sleep sleep and more sleep when it comes on that is the only thing that helps me. you cant explain how nasty it makes you feel to someone who has never experenced it. for those who have always remember you will survive it. no more fighting VA for me at this time it is not worth it.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 25 Apr 2015, 21:28

Stay well wild thing.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sat 25 Apr 2015, 14:08

Good advice Teen. If help is out there, use it. My wife happens to be a nurse with a degree in Psychology, who helps me with paper work. Good for me. Find the help through VAC and explain that the mere thought of paperwork sends off alarm bells and you cannot complete them. Make sure you let them know this is a BARRIER to your well being. That term is the new catch phrase with VAC so use it!!
Good luck and remember to breathe...in through the nose...out through the mouth...calm the beast. You own said "beast". He is your shield, and your obstacle.
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 25 Apr 2015, 10:58

wild thing there is one thing VAC can do to help you....they can fill out the forms for you.

It's a new program and they are supposed to help you with your forms if you ask. So give your CM a call, or your spouse, and tell the CM the veteran-centric approach is you are supposed to help me with the forms.

Make them come to you so you are comfortable in your own surroundings when you answer the questions. At the same time you can get a benefit update and maybe there is a new one for you.

PTSD is the mother of motherfrackers and it is this ugly monster that needs the most attention but they don't understand and the new veteran-centric approach is to teach them this.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Why i cant fight for the benefits i deserve!!! Empty Why i cant fight for the benefits i deserve!!!

Post by Ex Member Sat 25 Apr 2015, 08:34

I havent been on here for few days because the beast [PTSD] showed me he was still in control. With medical appointments, calling va and requesting rehab paperwork i finally thought i was going to be able to get compensation for my injurys. Wrong when the paperwork arrived and i started reading it a switch went off i felt anger, insulted, then the fat sumo wrestler sat on my chest and i had a hard time breathing felt so tired thought i was dying and wished i would. on top of that my neuropathy was sending electric shocks through out my body a few days of hell. No matter how many times i go through it i cant understand at the time what is happening and each time it is a little bit different. So in conclusion to the people who do not understand, this is why some of us cant fight for the benefits we deserve so we are the forgotten ones and that is why there needs to be a base pension for every medically released veteran as soon as they step out through the main gate.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down