Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Info on New Benefits as if May 7

3 posters

Go down

Info on New Benefits as if May 7 Empty Re: Info on New Benefits as if May 7

Post by pinger Fri 08 May 2015, 16:18

wild thing, some good advice from teen. Call nccn or the 866 number and ask for a cm home visit. If your not comfy with that, have someone with you that you can trust. Just try to get a few ducks in a row ahead of time, and take your time instead of going off half-cocked if you can. 2 cts.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 08 May 2015, 10:27

wild thing there is a financial standard of living under the NVC it's $42,400 per year. If your income is not at that level then that is what the PIA Supplememnt is for.

With the hiring of the 100 case managers happening over the next 4 months VAC wants to have more "face time" with the vets. Also you can request that your CM does the applications for them because VAC is finally starting to realize not just the complexities of filling out the forms but the toll it takes on the vet.

I know you are angry right now but you have to remember if you don't call and ask to make sure of your benefits you could fall thru the cracks. So just call the NCCN and ask for a sit down with your CM in your house.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 May 2015, 08:12

That is good news for those who can fight for it. What i want to see is all vets files gone over and them brought up to a respectable standard of living. My health is more important than money so i will not be applying for 7 outstanding claims or fighting for benefits no more. all they require to make this happen is for us to send them income tax statement once a year and doctors report of injurys that i would be happy to do and it would not push me over the edge. as a matter of fact that is exactly what i am going to do and i suggest anybody else out there able or unable to fight do the same thing with a personal letter to go with it if they see first hand what vets are making and how they are struggling maybe it will sink into their thick skulls and they will come up with a standard of living for medically released vets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 08 May 2015, 00:32

Well I had my doubts that the benefits would be passed by mid-August at the latest. So yeah very creative to attach the benefits to the budget will likely get it passed by end of June.

Political move or not I couldn't give a fiddler's fadoo there is movement on treating the NVC what it was called when it was passed back in 06' it's a living charter and this is definitely good news for some of our current NVC vets (mainly Afghan vets) and future veterans.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Thu 07 May 2015, 22:23

Thanks for the update/info Teentitan.......

Give credit when credit is due......

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Info on New Benefits as if May 7 Empty Info on New Benefits as if May 7

Post by Teentitan Thu 07 May 2015, 16:58

Today the Support for Veterans and their Families Act was included in the Budget Implementation Act – what this actually means to us non-political scientists is that all of the new benefits that were presented recently by the Minister will be advanced through parliament very quickly – instead of being presented as a standalone bill. This expedites the process so veterans get access as quickly as possible.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down