Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27

+3
Dannypaj
Teentitan
johnny211
7 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27 Empty Re: MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27

Post by Dannypaj Wed 29 Jul 2015, 21:28

Your welcome wild thing. At times he replies to some post and it seems to authentically be him, "but who knows"? he could have a staffer answering or replying to the questions and complaints.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27 Empty Re: MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jul 2015, 21:07

Dannypaj thanks for the info on otooles facebook page. I have nothing to lose i will post and comment on his site daily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Wed 29 Jul 2015, 14:11

I like that....a reduced mortgage for life........would be awesome.

But one further.......many military families get shafted with postings. As soon as you start a mortgage you have to move. Only if you are lucky with the sale of your house can you get ahead. How about having no choice but to move to a large city where housing is stupid crazy. Well how about a reduced mortgage incentive for every RCMP/military home owner???......the banks will still make their money, they will see to that. It might be 1 or 1.5 or 2.5% lower, but every little bit helps and as everyone knows the closer you are to financial independency when one retires......the better.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jul 2015, 13:53

I am ashamed to be a vet I would never advertise by putting a licence plate on my veh I steered my kids away from the military and informed them never to tell my grand children I was ever in the military as a favor to me. Dont want them getting any stupid ideas about joining I have nothing not even pictures left as I have destroyed everything years ago. that was my therapy, damn it felt good at the time and still does.I think back every time I am having a hard time 50 17hmr rounds into medals now that is therapy without painfull recoil. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 29 Jul 2015, 13:23

Danny I'm still going to bring it up at Summit's. Hey if the government after WWII gave vets a cheap mortgage for life (I think 2%) they can develop an Mortgage Insurance program a vet can buy into for his spouse's piece of mind.

Why should a spouse have to use up any death benefits or health benefits to pay the mortgage when the vet died of his pensioned condition?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 29 Jul 2015, 12:57

Thanks for that teentitan, average Canadian eh! At least this average Canadian is entitled to a veterans licence plate. Who needs insurance anyway!

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 29 Jul 2015, 12:36

I was denied the mortgage insurance, as a matter of fact I told the broker don't even bother to try. I blindly accepted the fact that my injury would be a road block for the rest of my life. No more then the average Canadian with a disability from an injury they got working in Canada.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 29 Jul 2015, 11:45

I was denied but my wife was approved through Manulife. It was a whirlwind upon my release so I didn't even bother to look further into it.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jul 2015, 10:51

Dannypaj wrote:"I did a job the government asked me to do (and) I did it to the best of my ability. I was injured during that but now I lack the ability to have the privilege of protecting my investment (and) my house," This was quoted by a fellow soldier in a similar predicament as I am in.  I was denied life insurance and mortgage insurance because of my medical condition.  As it stands now my wife is insured, but I am not and haven't been since 2003  (medically released). Recurring theme here, only this time I think more people are willing to put them selves out there and speak about their mistreatment. Just another thing that I thought was normal, that being denied life/mortgage insurance was okay because who would want to insure a disabled veteran anyway.
Hopefully I don't kick the bucket before my wife.

Hi Dannypaj, were you not advised of Coverage After Release Term Life Insurance through Manulife covered to age 75? I am sure you have it in good hands but just putting it out there.

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Wed 29 Jul 2015, 10:15

Propat, No worries you certainly don't have to apologise i could have explained myself better as well, all is good.

Cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 29 Jul 2015, 07:47

"I did a job the government asked me to do (and) I did it to the best of my ability. I was injured during that but now I lack the ability to have the privilege of protecting my investment (and) my house," This was quoted by a fellow soldier in a similar predicament as I am in.  I was denied life insurance and mortgage insurance because of my medical condition.  As it stands now my wife is insured, but I am not and haven't been since 2003 (medically released). Recurring theme here, only this time I think more people are willing to put them selves out there and speak about their mistreatment. Just another thing that I thought was normal, that being denied life/mortgage insurance was okay because who would want to insure a disabled veteran anyway.
Hopefully I don't kick the bucket before my wife.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jul 2015, 17:59

Rex, I agree , for any government to come out an publicly fight Veterans in a court of law is not only disgraceful , it goes beyond that, it shows a disfavor towards Veterans , it shows disrespect , and really shows the governments true colors of where they truly stand with their Veterans , regardless of the measures they have taken to try an lesson their own actions , the damage I would say is already done.
Someone should point out to them that we are Veterans , not criminals or a company seeking compensation.
The question here has to be this ; How can a government with such a strong track record of fighting Veterans in court , ever fully recover the trust of Veterans ?
This issue by itself is enough for any Veteran to say enough is enough !
The RCMP always says we never forget when they are investigating a crime - same goes for Veterans we don't forget.

Supreme , I agree , ( Disgusting )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jul 2015, 17:35

Big Rex is correct , that's why I believe the Cons are toast! They have played so dirty and there true colours have been revealed . Nobody can say that the Cons are nothing more than a copycat of the US tea party movement. Even the former Progressive Conservatives didn't act like they do. There attack ads , Senate scandals , the complete destruction of the Royal Canadian Navy( it was the liberals who at least bought the CPF for the Navy) the Cons have made a lot of promises for the military but the truth is the liberals spent more on the military as a percentage of GDP than the Cons are currently .
An interesting thing I noticed on ctv this morning was Otoole speaking to a reporter about the afghan veteran out west who can't get mortgage insurance because of ptsd and he was asked what vac can do and he said not much because it was a private insurance company but if it was vac they could do a lot when it comes to funding and changes. So I thought if they according to Otoole can do a lot of changes then where are they. If it's so easy for him to make real changes that put money in people's pockets then change, the reality is the Cons , especially the Reform/ tea party types, hate with a passion anything that provides direct cash transfers to the disabled unless it's there own pensions

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jul 2015, 17:05

What do politics care. They get full pensions after serving very little time. Making big bucks off the canadian people making decisions for medically busted vets. Disgusting really.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 28 Jul 2015, 16:44

Don't forget ideology. The Tories have written a ton of laws and policies based on their right wing Christian ideology, that often contradicts the actual experts in their fields. They also feel that unless a person is working, and paying taxes, that they are a burdon on society, and have set up as many hurdles as possible to those Canadians from receiving support from the Government, such as EI restrictions, OAS age increase, fighting Veterans in court over better benefits, etc.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next