Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27

+3
Dannypaj
Teentitan
johnny211
7 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27 - Page 5 Empty Re: MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27

Post by Dannypaj Mon 27 Jul 2015, 14:45

Teen, I started this process of paperwork with VAC at age 25 after my medical release (key word MEDICAL RELEASE) and I am now 38 still fighting for respect, pride and my dignity. .  .  I joined the reg. force at age 19 because it was a calling (and being a dependent of a military member).
I planned to serve my country as long as I could (even signed a 14 year i.e.).
Things didn't quit work out that way and it has been nothing but mental anguish since.  If Veterans Affairs was less complicated and more empathetic to those who have served and are in need of help, maybe we wouldn't have a forum were guys are angry but a forum were guys can share their stories, but for now there are angry veterans out there being wronged and they need to speak up.  I am glad I found this forum because I am getting information; and I am being informed of what is happening in the veteran community.  Prior to this site I had nobody but my wife to share my struggles in regards to VAC. This site gives new hope and lets me know that I am not alone, which trust me is reassuring.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27 - Page 5 Empty Re: MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27

Post by Teentitan Mon 27 Jul 2015, 14:28

Wild thing are you saying I've lost my focus on veteran issues?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 27 Jul 2015, 14:15

Well Nav you are constantly pushing the NDP so I'm challenging you to get me details on how they will keep their promise's.  They never answer my inquires.

If they say they are going to stop the CPP clawback at 65 ask them how are they going to find the funds to do it?

Promises are just words to get your vote.  I've heard them all before and when that party gets my vote they don't come thru.  Get them to tell us how so it's ammo down the road that advocates can use.

The days of campaign promises is finally being challenged with "tell us how you are going to keep the promise".

It's a two way street Nav when it comes to politics and campaigns.  I just want proof beyond promises.  Show us on CSAT a glimmer of proof.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 14:10

One issue is all disabled vets care about that is financial security for all upon medical release... no fighting for it just automatic... That will make ptsd and injured vets trust people and help heal. 
Everything else is smoke and mirrors and politics ride a horse to gain trust of people what a load of manure. Sorry teen we know you (care) but focus is lost there is only one issue on our minds and will kiss no ones ass until it has been addressed because it was earned by all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 14:04

The ruling Cons have done nothing. A person can pat a horse or feed it all he wants and it may make him feel better but that doesn't pay the rent or cover the disabled veterans living expenses nor if he's totally disabled cover a spouse or caregiver to watch the disabled veteran. All these announcements amount to nothing! Family caregiver benefit , give me a break!, does 7000 a year grant compensate for a spouse giving up there job or a family member that does to care for the veteran. Let's bring some real improvements not ones that just benefit a few. Even the service dog thing , not many are getting them and if the veteran has no financial security how can he pay for vet bills and dog food! I see on CTV that Mulclair is the clear choice in the polls at the moment let's hope the Canadian people try something different . Teen sometimes you do sound like a card carrying conservative because every time anyone mentions the NDP you sound off about how terrible they are. We've had a decade of Conservative rule nothing is better why not have an open mine and give a party a chance that actually have tried to help veterans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 27 Jul 2015, 13:25

Dannypaj I see your age is the same as when I started my Wally World rollercoaster ride too. Frustration is the name of the game. I'm 53 now and I'm using my experiences over the last 15 years to get on whoever is in charge to get on VAC's bureaucratic wall of BS.

Believe it or not advocacy over the last 8 years has really started to tear down some of those bricks. It pisses off the minions in VAC but I don't give a damn. Their papercuts don't come anywhere near our cuts!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 27 Jul 2015, 12:58

I AM NOT a card carrying Conservative, Liberal or NDP. I AM A CARD CARRYING DISABLED VETERAN also.  Years and years of the run around has made me bitter and I could care less who is power, I paint them all with the same brush.  
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 27 Jul 2015, 12:43

Wild Thing I am NOT a politician! I am a disabled veteran trying to improve other veterans mental, physical and financial health.

This is the Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team Forum. Part of my job is to EDUCATE and INFORM veterans. And how I do it is what I did...you made a remark like this is a campaign issue when in fact it isn't. So I informed you and Navrat that it is a 3 year old program and the NDP and Liberals agree it is a good program.

Nothing pisses me off more then a veteran having the chance to bend the ear of a MP or the MVA in person and they bend it the wrong way because they are not informed. Believe me if you bend the wrong politician's ear the wrong way they will throw it back in your face TEN FOLD! I have seen it and I have been on the receiving end of it!

As for your homeless vets comment there is a program in the Legion to help homeless vets get back on their feet. There is also numerous organizations that also help, like Jim Lowther's VETS program down east. If you know a homeless vet call VAC they will help you. Did you know that?

VVi and CSAT were created with one goal....educate veterans by informing veterans. If you don't want to learn then go to another forum but if you want to learn keep coming back.

This is the last time I am going to say this....I AM NOT a card carrying Conservative, Liberal or NDP. I AM A CARD CARRYING DISABLED VETERAN. I have to work with politicians to get improvements for veterans. O'Toole is my 8th Minister of Veterans Affairs. I have met and talked with 6 Opposition MP's.

I am an old school person. I don't judge a person from reading about them or getting a phone call. I judge them face to face. I play the "topic" game with them and I have flushed 5 Ministers and 4 Oppostion MP's because they were not informed. I didn't do it to embarass them I did so that any future dealings I have to do with them I would ask for their Chief of Staff and discuss the issue with them. The COS's are the brains behind MP's.

There is a lot of issues flying around right now because this is an election year. What I am seeing is exactly what I have seen before and I have learned from those previous elections. Promises are just a group of words politicians use to get your vote. Making them give you details on how to keep those promises is a weapon advocates like myself use after the election.

So stop thinking I am a politician. I'm an advocate that is trying to make all of you informed veterans. If you are informed and post informed information you help me in the future.

Besides being called a politician is a very huge insult. If I was getting paid to do this then you would have merit to what you called me. I do this for you....a fellow veteran.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 27 Jul 2015, 12:24

I hear you Wildthing! My thoughts exactly! Mind boggling, to say the least. My file is sitting on someone’s desk and they are out riding horses while I wait for an answer. Awesome!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 12:15

Sorry teen but I'm going against the grain on this one.

I like Mr. O'Toole an he is by far the best MVA that the Conservatives have appointed but I would say that with an election looming an Fantino not performing an with the public's negative Image towards how this government was treating Veterans of this Country , the PM acted to stop - or diminish that negative Image.
Mr. O'Toole was then brought in as our new minister to do the job of gaining back the trust of Veterans an to lesson - or stop the negative Image that was perceived by the public.
I would not hesitate to say that everything that was to be brought forward by Mr. O'Toole had to pass before the PM before permission was given to go ahead an announce any change an or improvements , this is where I become skeptical , I applaud each an every announcement made by Mr. O'Toole an I also applaud his dedication an all of the hard effort he has put into these changes.
And I am certain if Mr. O'Toole knowing the man he is was given more leeway he would have come out swinging with a much broader approach then what he has presented as of late.
Yes it is true that I say I applaud these changes , and I mean that , but to me everything that's been announced is simply window style changes , nothing major has been brought forward that shows any real major change - or major improvements , it is true that some of the announcements at first seem of the major type but as time in discovery came through , they all failed in that respect.
Any change that is brought forward that help's even 1 Veteran is a improvement , but the thing is it's just that an improvement , we are talking about minimum Veterans that will be affected by this , there's nothing major coming from any of the announcements , Veterans don't want to be categorized , they want financial security , good solid financial security , once those major issues are properly addressed then the categorizing can come into play , so the way it seems today is that all of what has taken place thus far with the announcements is that they target minimum groups  of Veterans that results in making it look like the government has taken control of our file an now regained the respect of Veterans , and has lesson - or taken away the negative public Image.
This horse  therapy is no different - announcement just before an election - an and announcement that is welcomed but will only affect a minimum amount of Veterans.

Not meant to offend anyone here an apologize if I did , just respectfully given my opinion is all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 11:39

Teen your to much of a politician you just dont get it anymore there are vets out there that are in poverty that cannot fight for themselves I am not talking politics here I am stating a fact. All disabled medically released veterans need to be brought up to a standard of living with no fighting to get it that is how you learn to trust again so there are no more suicides... MVA standing in front of a 30k plus horse promising to pay his friends millions of dollars so a vet suffering with ptsd and no injuries can go for a ride just does not cut it. I got my own dog my best buddy the pounds are full of them their cheap go buy one. There are priorities that need to be addressed first!!! these are not them. Stop being a politician and become a dissabled vet again fighting for financial security and dignity how many years has it been for you can you remember how hard that was and how it made you feel. Iam sick of everybody getting rich off disabled veterans while they live in poverty. Get your buddy otoole to bring every medically released disabled vet up to a standard of living without a fight and i will be the first at the polling station to vote for the cons if not my vote goes else where because all of this is bullshit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 27 Jul 2015, 10:40

Before this one gets off the rails where were these comments 3 years ago when Blaney announced Equine Therapy???

And orange crush likes the idea.

As for paying for your own ptsd therapy wild thing does that include service dogs?

This is not a campaign issue it's a renewal issue. The pilot project worked and now they are looking to expand it to more area's of Canada.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 09:26

Please , please pass the orange crush. All I have to say is horse picky!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 08:18

Seriously!!! there are veterans living in poverty and on the streets and their wasting money on this. Pay for your own riding lessons if this helps you because it is very limited and for the select few. I grew up with horses and they are a hay burning pain in the ass. What I like is to sit on the shore of a lake with a coffee and watch the trout jump out of the water when feeding that helps my ptsd I don't expect them to take money from needy vets or tax payers to pay for that. priority should be for all veterans to have a standard of living, dignity, and respect for the life threatening and abusive life style we have lived in the service of our Country. This is selfish and a waste of money by MVA and all involved in my opinion. A decent standard of living and we can all pay for our own ptsd therapy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 06:36

Feds to fund national standard development of horse therapy for injured veterans

Ottawa will spend more than a quarter million dollars to develop national standards for the use of horse therapy to treat veterans with mental health issues, CTV News has learned.
On Monday, Veterans Affairs Minister O’Toole will announce $250,000 for the Canadian Institute of Military and Veteran Health Research (CIMVHR) to research the effectiveness of the treatment. Can Praxis, a not-for-profit organization that uses horse therapy to support veterans with mental health conditions, will also receive $25,000 to build on its own 2013 equine therapy pilot study.
Both studies may help produce an evidence base for the use of equine therapy for veterans with mental health issues. The announcement will also help Can Praxis develop national standards for the use of horse therapy to treat post-traumatic stress disorder and other operational stress injuries.
RELATED STORIES
Canadian study to explore animal therapy for veterans
Vets coping with PTSD find solace in back-to-nature programs
Federal government to fund horse therapy for injured veterans
It’s the latest in a string of announcements by Veterans Affairs Minister Erin O’Toole in an attempt to mend the Conservatives strained relations with veterans ahead of the imminent election.
Horse therapy, more formally known as equine therapy, is a form of experimental treatment involving interactions between patients and horses. Equine therapy is supervised by a mental health professional, and often with the help of a horse professional

In April, CTV News first reported the Conservatives would fund the development of national standards for equine therapy.
The complementary research projects will take about two years to complete. The research team selected by the CIMVHR will identify a number of equine therapy organizations in Canada, in addition to Can Praxis, and follow veterans as they take part in the horse therapy programs to better understand how the programs assist them.
The research team and equine organizations will select veterans to participate in the study, and Veterans Affairs Canada will pay for the enrollment costs for those veterans.
A $25,000 pilot study launched by Ottawa two years ago followed seven couples and found significant reductions in PTSD symptoms, along with anxiety and anger levels, in those who participated in the program.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/feds-to-fund-national-standard-development-of-horse-therapy-for-injured-veterans-1.2488949

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next