Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27

+3
Dannypaj
Teentitan
johnny211
7 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27 - Page 2 Empty Re: MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jul 2015, 12:51

wild thing buds I get ya and fully understand it really sucks to see these people profit at the backs of disabled vets when if we had an honest government it would not be required .

I do understand politics and politicians somewhat been involved in it my whole life and sill belive in the system at the lower levels. but ive been in the backroom meetings witch are often in someone's house when you can see a candidate being selected before the vote takes place along with other crap ya don't even want to here about and it really kinda turns you off.

yup they will tell ya the other guys are doing the same things but I don't really consider that as an excuse.

ya want to understand politics it all boils down to money and votes that's it buds its that simple every fracking thing these frackers do and just about everything they say is to bring in money and/or votes its really just that simple. keep that in mind and it gets a little easier to understand why they do some of the convoluted fracking things these fracks do.

propat

Back to top Go down

MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27 - Page 2 Empty Re: MVA to make an announcement Monday , July 27

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jul 2015, 12:25

6608 sorry buds it was me reading your post wrong had three days just non stop busy and wanted to respond to a pile of suff well any way no excuse for that I apologise . the head spinning has slowed down to 6500 RPMs now so im good ta go.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jul 2015, 11:42

Horse therapy? How about the $300 groceries only amounting to half a cart at Walmart. Cost of living is huge and they're contracting horses to help? Chr**t sakes. This cheeses me off

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 28 Jul 2015, 09:55

Example: He or she is Granted a disability award for major depressive disorder at a level of 20% but the board rules that service attributed only to 1/5 of the condition. 1/5=.02*20%= 4% 1-Jan-15 SCHEDULE 3 - DISABILITY AWARD at 4%=$ 3440.19.
Now, not only do you suffer from a mental disorder, you receive $3440.19 to add insult to injury.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 28 Jul 2015, 09:31

The interpretation of the phrase “directly connected with” in paragraph 21(2)(a) of the Pension Act that requires an applicant to establish that his or her military service is the primary cause of his or her claimed condition is unreasonable, and a decision to deny the award of a pension on the basis of such an interpretation is not within the range of reasonable outcomes of the decision-making process under consideration. Stated by the ATTORNEY GENERAL OF CANADA.

This will still not solve the problem in regards to attribution to service and the way they establish a level of 1/5 through 5/5 that can be awarded. Once a connection is made to service, VRAB then uses other life events to lower the attribution level.  Great that they are trying to change the wording to make it easier to establish a link to service, but the degree in which is still controlled by VRAB.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jul 2015, 09:24

Propat just got back on line myself glad you got that out of your system, my point to teen was he sounds like a politician he speaks their language and understands them.I will never understand them there is only right and wrong in my burnt out brain I cannot understand why the goverment pays multi billions of dollars to organizations to disprove,deny,and humiliate vets when a few billion payed directly to vets on medical release and cut out all the middle man bullshit. no they would pay multi billions to try and catch one vet that might try to get an undeserving pension of 42000 per year mean while every veteran suffers. As far as i am concerened every medically released veteran deserves this financial security. There are to many lazy ass lawyers in canada and this is how they keep them from being homeless and how they make vets homeless. here is an idea take all them lazy ass lawyers and put them in the combat arms and shut down law schools for ten years because there are to many lazy ass lawyers getting paid off the blood, sweat. tears, and financial funds meant for veterans.also I appologize to my wife who is a horse fanatic for my comment on them being a hay burning pain in the ass. yes she follows csat and keeps me in check.

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Mon 27 Jul 2015, 21:57

Propat, wrote "6608 buds im not sure how you are reading the legislation but when it comes to the minimum for recipient's of elb its just that . an annual minimum pre tax income for recipients' of ELB ."

Yes i know this, the ELB/SISIP is a top up to 42k or 75% of your previous income which ever is higher. the prescribed sources of income for ELB/SISIP have not changed (except for the PA amounts) correct me if im wrong but PIA and supplement are not part of prescribed sources, same as attending allowance ect.....

"IT IS NOT a minimum for the ELB benefit itself."
I wish! LOL

The PIA and Supplement are part of the RISB calculations though.

Cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 19:51

k 6608 ya got it. im guessing there will be no stated minimum effected by COLA but a mathematical equation where you could figure out a mathematical minimum in short order given the minimum pre tax income pre 65. of corse the effect of CPPD on ELB and the difference between CPPD and CPP at 65 would throw a monkey at that particular wrench making a mathematical minimum situational instead of standard .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Mon 27 Jul 2015, 19:39

Propat, No i'm not sure on the minimum for the RISB where i got the 29k and 43k was from a post by teen from one of the ministers staffers on another thread here where it showed the calculations ect. but we will have to wait for the regulations to come out to know for sure.

teens post can be found in the Bill C-58 "Support for Veterans and Their Families Act" (short title) thread (on page 5)

Cheer's
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 19:37

6608 buds im not sure how you are reading the legislation but when it comes to the minimum for recipient's of elb its just that . an annual minimum pre tax income for recipients' of ELB .

IT IS NOT a minimum for the ELB benefit itself.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 19:24

6608 are you sure there is a minimum on the RISB I don't recall seeing one but as the minimum for income pre 65 is around 42 k and you would need to be on ELB to qualify I see the mathematical minimum kinda obvious .

just woundering if you have seen a minimum in the legislation anywhere or are ya just doing the math????

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 27 Jul 2015, 19:22

Good!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 19:17

k back for a bit teen I was always under the impression that it was the total and im almoast positive of that but no time for research at this time.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Mon 27 Jul 2015, 19:16

Teen im talking about just ELB or SISIP the minimum is 42k (and yes both are based off of 75% of income) however like i said both have been set at a minimum of 42k. providing like you say a min of 42k for all veterans.

the reason for this minimum is because when some people left the forces at either a low rank and or when salaries were low at the time. lots of us fell into this predicament. i am on SISIP and did like the raise bringing me to 42k  

if you get the PIA and Supplement as well it puts you around 62k.

just read your last dont included the PIA and sup and that's right.

Cheer's
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 27 Jul 2015, 19:00

I think we have gone off the rail! LOL

I was thinking 6608 was talking about LTD/ELB being $42k when it is the whole amount of all the benefits stated above that make up a total of $42k.

I'm having one of those days and screwed up understanding at first but I believe I got it now.

6608 can you confirm please.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next