Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lump sum issues

5 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Lump sum issues Empty Re: Lump sum issues

Post by Ex Member Thu 06 Aug 2015, 13:32

trooper well said . I will keep my own personal fights with DVA behind closed doors whether it be the VRAB board room a court or the poll booth .

thing is the new things I learn RIGHT HERE and the researching of those things from other solid sources leading me to learning even more new things helps me shape and  define how I go about those fights .

but ya the venting can be helpful at times the support is helpful wild thing is helpful trooper is helpful and you are helpful among others way to numerous to list.

as for anyone thinking I or we are whiners honestly a don't give a frack .  as for o'tool thinking that well isn't that his job lol.

propat

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Aug 2015, 12:09

Supreme , you are a good man an you have been around this forum for some time an you have also helped many on this forum an also have like others , vented an gave your own personal opinions on various issues.

My personal reaction to the part of your post stating " The forum here is merely a venting place " is simply this ; I completely disagree with that statement an here is why I disagree , as it maybe true that venting is common among members of this forum , this forum goes WAY BEYOND THAT , personally this forum has helped me more than any other organization by a long shot , I have also witnessed first hand the help that has been given to others , by others of this site , an to add to this the support that has been given by all members of this site on almost a daily basis is by far more than just a place to come an vent out your frustrations.
So I totally , an respectfully disagree with you on that one.

Just to add to this I for one did not join CSAT to become part of a public sit in to bring to light the problems that Veterans are having , an to fight publicly for changes , not that there's anything wrong with doing that , an not that I have anything against that , I just don't think that this site was designed for that purpose.

If - or whenever I decide to go public with any problems that I have - or see , I will make that decision on my own , certainly I will not be persuaded - or influence by anyone other than myself , or any forum for that matter.
Bottom line here is that yes I agree that the larger the group of Veterans that are engaged publicly in any fight for change is good - or at least better then just one or two who do stand up , but I don't think CSAT is the proper place to recruit for this type of action as it is not designed - or meant for that.
Also , keep in mind that we have Veterans from coast to coast , Veterans who just don't have enough fight left in them , Veterans who's disability prevents them from participating in these events , there's a whole lot of problems in organizing these types of events , we are not unionized like other groups.
I remember when you did your protest , you were on your own , you had the balls to do what you did , we here on CSAT were not physically there with you , but if you remember a good number of CSAT members posted their respect an support towards you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Aug 2015, 10:49

ELB is better than SISIP ive said that for many years . the monthly pension is BY FAR superior to the buyout .

yes the new system can work with some tweaking in fact be better than the PA .

first tweak END THE BUYOUT NOW!!!!!

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Aug 2015, 08:48

Your exactly right supreme it wont change anything and nobody will agree on everything. take bruce moncur he should have gotten automatic elb and 100% buyout at no less than 1mil tax free for pain and suffering to be paid how ever he wished he done his duty above and beyond.Under the old system that would put him at just under 3200 per month at 100% and have to deal with an insurance company for the 75% LTD. The new system can work for all medically released vets it just needs some tweeking. I know medically released vets that missed out on ltd they did not know there was a time frame to apply as far as they new it was automatic we were not informed any different no internet no personal support no release support what so ever I would have been in the same boat had I not overheard pay office personal talking and asked them. elb helped them medically released that got screwed out of ltd because of the short application window. Old system failed them nvc helped them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Aug 2015, 22:18

The forum here is merely a venting place. No words here will ever make any changes to the problems. Remember that....I've had to be reminded often. Now if I was an unregistered user... i.e Mr. O'TOOLE and I've sat for a few days and read all the posts....what would I think and say to myself? Well not to hurt feelings but (I for one am guilty as well in some ways...but I also went publicly and stood up for myself in front of a camera) the minister would merely say that there's a handful of whiners. Why is this you ask? Because nothing is ever done. Sorry but unless you want to make a difference you have to get off your a$$. And stop letting these buggers push and push the veteran community around. We can all bi*ch about vac vrab goc and everyone else wringing the veteran. We can suggest on here what changes need to be made...etc. Really this forum is just venting...I think that's good, but guys o think your all great but I can't sit by and watch nothing be done and so I need a break again. Take care everyone. Frustration has landed once again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Aug 2015, 21:55

by the way the military does not pay premiums for LTD anymore weather it be LTD or ELB .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Aug 2015, 21:53

well they were wrong .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Aug 2015, 21:51

funny not what i was told from my ignorant fkig rep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Aug 2015, 21:45

by the way I don't count on any of the benefits I receive save for one my monthly DVA pension .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Aug 2015, 21:42

yaaaaaa not sure you are understanding FULLY the Manulife thing . they make their money no matter what they pay out, or even who decides how long benefits are payed and what premiums are payed .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Aug 2015, 21:33

REALLY!!! you think you are going to get that back. Do you think manulife will revert back to cash for life the premiums would be through the roof. NVC gone years of fighting for elb etc etc gone then apply for sisip under old system well good luck with that. sisip is a privrate company in the buisness of making money not paying it out. So basiclly if your at 90% thats 3000 per month and thats all you can be guaranteed dont count on sisip you may not qualify and the fight begins again.Might as well work as a unit to try and improve on what is already in place demand higher buyouts, elb for all medically released vets,vrab gone, etc etc use the nvc to the benefit of all veterans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Aug 2015, 20:47

oh wild thing I said it before and ill say it again YES ELB needs to be improved and your points of improvement I agree with . and sure improving ELB that may help me . thing is im not really worried about me. lots of things may help me that are real issues witch im concerned about as well . VRAB the CPP clawback the return of LTD (ELB AND SISIP ) for life . among others , but as trooper pointed out so well my PRIORITY is not these things that can help me .

ending the buyout will not help me AT ALL however this IS my number one PRIORITY .

as bigrex pointed out fairness equates to equality. making this buyout FAR from unfair as its FAR from equal .

vets getting more than they deserve ??????

as trooper pointed out there are vets fighting everyday to just get what they deserve and getting denied on a daily basis because VRAB looks at proof positive medical evidence put before them and ignores it . its hard enough in a system like this to get half of what you deserve let alone more.

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Aug 2015, 19:39

Wild Thing there's a lot of Veterans that are fighting very hard for their benefits , their priority in their fight might not be the same priority you have , but they have fought , an continue to fight very hard.

With regards to kicking someones ass , what exactly are you going to accomplish by doing that ?

Yes it is true that the Conservatives could have done much - much more on our file , or even a better job on our file , but what I think is important here is that a good number of Veterans an Veterans groups an in some cases even the opposition have rallied against the government to work on points of issues that Veterans wanted - or at least issues they wanted to be heard.
Lot's of people fighting for Veterans that kept the government on their toes.

I know you would like to see a guaranteed benefit such as the ELB upon being medically released, as do I, an I certainly agree with you on that point of yours , but for me that's not my number one issue , not today anyway , it is not something I see coming anytime soon , so for me my number one is concentrated elsewhere , that does not mean that I don't want it , an is not important , it just means my fight is concentrated in another area , for now anyway.
My point is simply that we are all Veterans who all want improvements one way or another , even if that means having a different priority in which we seek those improvements , but in the end , we are all looking for improvements.
And to your point that it would protect more Veterans , I agree.

With regards to those who you suggest work the system an end up getting more than they deserve , you have lost me on that one ?
With all of the proper medical documentation needed to succeed in ones application , in other words proof of disability , I find that very hard to believe that anyone Veteran can work the system ?
What I would agree on is that some Veterans are more organized - or prepared - or have gotten some decent help then others have in their applications which could result in a better outcome , but this in no means makes that Veteran undeserving of any such benefit - or benefits.

With regards to the old pension act being replaced by the now NVC , this was done to categorize Veterans , broader classification of benefits to the Veteran , which adds in the lump sum payment.
You will see a wide range of negativity with regards to this lump sum , mostly I think viewed by many as a cost cutting measure by the government , but also not well embraced by many Veterans as changing it to a Monthly payment would be viewed as being more of a secured long term benefit.
This is why you see a large number of Veterans making the lump sum their number one priority.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 05 Aug 2015, 18:02

Wild thing, ELB , the lump sum and other benefits, may sound fair to you, but not to many others. Not when fairness equates to equality. The other benefits, such as ELB and PIA were expanded to PA recipients, because it was deemed to be unfair to not to. So, is it now fair that equally disabled Veterans cannot receive the same financial stability for the rest of their lives? That one can receive thousands more per month and be compensated for the effects that their disabilities have on their families, while the second cannot? IMO, they should eliminate the lump sum, or at least give the Veteran a choice. For some people, a lump sum may be more advantageous, because they may already be financially stable. But it should be their choice, and not forced upon them.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 05 Aug 2015, 15:26

wild thing I have a long string before someone gets kicked off of CSAT.  Your good and I like what you posted.  We can kick a vet in the a$$ when needed and do it with cla$$. LOL

This forum is where the fight starts so keep posting ideas, thoughts, suggestions.  Trust me it's being read and it is making a difference.

I keep getting asked by "upper management" about the anger, and disgust (I like that better then anger wild thing) that they read on CSAT and why it is allowed?

My answer....don't you notice the calm when you address and fix what angers vets?  Doesn't it motivate you to do better?  That's why I let postings stay on CSAT.  CSAT is mindful of language and civility.  So if veterans can be respectful then you should reciprocate by doing a better job.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next