Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPAP stuff

3 posters

Go down

CPAP stuff Empty Re: CPAP stuff

Post by Rifleman Mon 03 Aug 2015, 20:21

Hey prawn after I was approved by Vac I got a prescription from my family doctor for the equipment I needed and then went to the proper medical equipment store who was registered with Vac they fitted and gave me different options on equipment once I picked out what I wanted they the medical supply clinc called Vac and talked to them and I went home with what I needed and did not pay a cent

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 03 Aug 2015, 20:11

sparrow. Right you are, kind of like dialing up the vac 866 number to see if your prescription is covered by ones poc. Ahead of time before your out of pocket. pinger.

pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 03 Aug 2015, 19:51

Hey Prawn, teen uses CPAP. I don't, but he sure knows a hell of a lot about the process and particulars. teen... talk to prawn. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Aug 2015, 16:19

prawnstar, don't buy the items and then try to submit to DVA. It is best if you have the CPAC company call DVA and get approval for the items. My understanding is they can get approval through the toll free number and they do it on a regular basis which is part of their service to you. This way you are not out of pocket and assured to get the items you require and DVA won't likely have any issues with the request if you are pensioned for the condition as you say you are.

Back to top Go down

CPAP stuff Empty CPAP stuff

Post by prawnstar Mon 03 Aug 2015, 13:16

What is the best way to get CPAP related items? I am approved for it but not sure if I should buy items and send the bill to VAC. Does anyone get pre approval before buying items? I just need feedback from someone who is in the same boat. Thanks

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down