Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the ELB reduced by the CF Pension and CPPD?

+3
Dannypaj
bigrex
Teentitan
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is the ELB reduced by the CF Pension and CPPD? Empty Re: Is the ELB reduced by the CF Pension and CPPD?

Post by propat Thu 01 Mar 2018, 07:42

umbrella johnny is correct it should be reported however id like to add something . in this whole mess SISIP is the first payor . in many cases where SISIP is involved your ELB is not reduced just SISIP . since you say your husbands SISIP was reduced NOT eliminated I'm guessing you are in this boat . SISIP would have already reduced dollar for dollar the CPPD amount so it would not reduce your ELB at all .

so to avoid as many frack ups by DVA as possible when reporting the CPPD you WILL want to be reporting your NEW lower SISIP amount as well .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Is the ELB reduced by the CF Pension and CPPD? Empty oh boy

Post by umbrella001 Wed 28 Feb 2018, 19:33

Thanks for the quick response Johnny211....I'll be calling VAC first thing in the morning..not too far back, he's only been getting ELB for a few months so it shouldn't sting too bad

umbrella001
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2017-07-22

Back to top Go down

Is the ELB reduced by the CF Pension and CPPD? Empty Re: Is the ELB reduced by the CF Pension and CPPD?

Post by johnny211 Wed 28 Feb 2018, 17:02

Hi Umbrella - yes cppd comes off ELB or EELB, dollar for dollar. You have to give Vac your CPPD statement. I just hope it does not go back far for you. I personally don’t think they should be taking it off, but Im No lawyer, and the gov will do whatever they want..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Is the ELB reduced by the CF Pension and CPPD? Empty does elb deduct CPPD?

Post by umbrella001 Wed 28 Feb 2018, 16:39

Just resurrecting this old thread and seeking clarification. When in receipt of CPPD do you have to notify VAC? Will this cause the ELB to go down?
I had spoken with my husbands case manager back when his CPPD was approved and she didn't seem to care...now I am not so sure about this. His SISIP went down and the bridge benefit is off his pension so I thought it all worked out in the end but now Im wondering if she misled me and that he is going to owe money to VAC.....

umbrella001
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2017-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Oct 2015, 17:26

I agree they more than likely will also increase SISIP as well....but one thing to remember here is that ELB is a benefit under DVA where as SISIP is a benefit under CDS.
Two very different departments here.....an this was not included in their platform.....but that does not mean it will not happen.

On the 4th when we get to know our new MVA the next step is to get that MVA's contact info so we can contact him or her to raise questions such as this one....from the looks of things so far JT is saying that he wants to honor all promises , an he says his not going to waste any time implementing them....will see what happens but it's sounding pretty dam good so far.

This is why we need an MVA who is ready an willing to commit 100% of their time an wasting no time in implementing what was promised to Veterans.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 25 Oct 2015, 11:58

I agree that SISIP will likely mirror any ELB changes. But the first step is to get the ELB changes made. Once that is done, we can start demanding parity for SISIP
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Oct 2015, 07:40

no one knows for sure yet but im guessing by the GOS's past actions this is very likely .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by DonnieD Sun 25 Oct 2015, 00:38

That's what I want to know as I'm on sisip LTD. If they change ELB to 90% will it be the same for SISIP?

DonnieD
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2015-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 22 Oct 2015, 16:23

I hear you there wildthing. Not one of my comrades with our head spacing I know want this brain. But we have it. I tried, but had to admit defeat last yr, that my short term memory and concentration on anything is fracked. I was near the end of my working life, but I often think of the young Afgan soldier, who are in the same boat. We the wounded all need to be looked after, for all the shit we seen or did for our country , bottom line..VVV..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Oct 2015, 12:22

Nothing they do is fair, and they can make it legal. that is why pa is a must. If soldiers could work they would work period. with my qualifications I could be making over 100k closer to 200k a year if i was able to still to do cement and acid jobs on oil and gas wells.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 22 Oct 2015, 10:54

Well, hopefully she receives the same answer from the ombudsman office. Her question may of been better answered here. Thanks bigREX!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 22 Oct 2015, 08:35

Unfortunately VAC can and will cut someone off ELB, if they fail to get the determination of TPI. VAC isn't going to pay ELB indefinately without being deemed TPI. What she needs to do is talk to a CM, get a functionality assessment, possibly from both a Occupational Therapist and a Psychiatrist, becuase she is claiming it is both physical and psycholgical conditions can are creating hurdles. IF she cannot get that determination, even if they say her ability to work is diminished, ELB will end. Is it fair? probably not, but it is legal.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 22 Oct 2015, 06:52

Found this veterans statement on the ombudsman site. Can VAC cut you off ELB? How will she pay her bills? no wonder her anxiety is rising. Is her case manager allowed to threaten future financial insecurity.

Natasha said:
I have been on ELB for awhile now and so my worker tells me I will be cut off come feb of next year. I have had 3 surgeries on my left ankle, second one resulted in a neuropathy in which I cannot feel my left leg, I have a 50% slip in my vertebrae in my L5, I have half use of my left hand. and am seeing a therapist for the last almost 2 years, why am I being cut off, the doctor even deemed me unable to work due to injuries and my anxiety and mood disorder...I will loose everything. I'm in desperate need of help.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 20 Oct 2015, 19:36

Navrat when the Cons were introducing the post 65 benefit I asked the exact same question and I was basically told LTD is cut off at 65 for PSAC members so it has to be done for military.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 19:32

nav that's the next fight buds even at 75% its a good thing . I personaly think better than 90% til 65.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next