Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

+16
Brasidas
prawnstar
chillier76
Slaket
Sapper Zodiak
Recon031
johnny211
rucksack031
czerv
Teentitan
Rifleman
Kramer
bigrex
BinRat
Dannypaj
pinger
20 posters

Page 15 of 37 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 37  Next

Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 15 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Guest Mon 14 Dec 2015, 19:23

sparrow past this to his website if you will I don't do facebook . he already has this but it might be helpful to see it on his Facebook page .

the following is what NVC vets want to see in regards to the lifelong pension the ELB thing was just thrown in there due to the ease of doing it at the time .

it simply offers the PA pension as an option to the buyout .

yes or no question.

will you do this?

bill to amend the Canadian forces and veterans re-establishment and compensation act and the pension act .

part 1. proposed changes to the Canadian forces and veterans re-establishment and compensation act;

a. in 19.(1) of this act in the formula the value of "A" the figure "75%" is to be omitted and replaced by " 90% ".

b.in 52.1 (1) of this act subpara (d) is to be added to read ;
a monthly pension to be paid in accordance with section 21. of the pension act of the amount set out in schedule 1 of that act from the day on witch the application was first made.

c.52.1 (2) to be extended to include the following ; and inform all members or veterans who have not previously been given the choice to elect 52.1(1) (d) of their right to do so.

d.52.1(3) is to be amended by omitting the words " as a lump sum " and replacing them with " in accordance with 52.1 (1) (d) of this act."

part 2. proposed changes to the pension act .

a. 39.(1) of this act shall be amended by adding "with the exception of a member or veteran making an election under 52.1(1) (d) of the Canadian forces and veterans re-establishment and compensation act" prior to " a pension awarded ".

propat

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 15 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Dannypaj Mon 14 Dec 2015, 14:55

Doug Roberts‎Banished Veterans
I was up to the local store this am and was speaking to one of the girl's who work there . She has friends that are serving and she was telling me that they observe our posts and our battle with care and benefits. Some are scared to report injurys or problems because they see what the system can do . This little girl told me about her grandfather suffering and how it effected the family . I was quite shocked she asked me to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and to let you know that many who can't speak out hold our efforts in high regard. Our younger generation is paying attention and they are very much aware of what we are trying to accomplish. I was pretty proud that our efforts are noticed.I thought of Eric Magill sitting out side of VAC
18 people like this.

3 shares
Comments
Shane Jones
That's what it's all about brother, enjoy that moment
Like · 2 · 1 hr
Doug Roberts
Blew my mind Shane
Like · 3 · 1 hr
Blair Churchill
Sad to hear of reluctance, nice to know that our efforts are followed though.
Like · 4 · 1 hr
Linda Clarke Lee
Thanks for sharing Doug! That is exactly what Troy and I want - fairness and respect for our brave young men & women!
We will never give up this fight until VAC & VRAB are fixed!
Like · 4 · 1 hr..
David Mackenzie
That is the key Eric is leading by example, he is standing his ground!!!
He will not let the system push him away, Bravo to Him!
Justice will be served!!!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 12 Dec 2015, 23:01

Sparrow. Here is a letter you can forward to the MVA as that email address still don't work as a deadlink for me.

To the Honourable Minister of Veterans Affairs, Kent Hehr.

Dear Sir:

I am a veteran having served in the Canadian Navy.
   Disabled and doing the best I can.

A lot of my peers and friends are not. Current, Afghanistan,
   and back to Korea.

I voted for your party where I live.

Now then, could you in your voted capacity as the MVA
   please give this country, veterans, and the media the
   simple courtesy of what you have thus far implemented?

Forgo the public relations double speak. Better yet, a
   timeline of implementations would be very much welcomed.

Promises which Justin Trudeau campaigned and spoke of
   and that you have been tasked with on your file.
   You have been tasked by his mandate and orders.
   Yet, veterans like myself and so many others do not hear
   anything at all.

Please update us.

The re-instating of lifelong pensions.

$20 million to create two new veterans' care centres.

$100 million annually to expand support for families of veterans,                                       including education and counseling.

$25 million to expand the Permanent Impairment Allowance for the most seriously wounded.

$40 million to increase the Earnings Loss Benefit from 75 per cent to 90 per cent of a soldier's pre-release salary.

Increase the veteran survivor's pension amount to 70 per cent from 50 per    cent.

Double funding to the Last Post Fund for the burial of veterans.

Respectfully.  A veteran
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 12 Dec 2015, 21:05

lmao at Johnny @19:09.

Tx again for that email address Sparrow.

A response/reply is one thing. Coming from Kent Hehr himself would be better than his PR.
Better that, from JT. Because it's been waaay too quiet on our file.

I would love to watch a GoC photo-op if it spoke of immediate implementations.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 12 Dec 2015, 20:16

Welcome Back Johnny!

Kent Herh will be scratching his head wondering why his Facebook page has gone viral over the weekend!
over 1,000 likes opposed to his normal 200 or so.
We need to keep up the pressure and get the word out to all of our veteran friends. The Liberals have not fulfilled their promises to us veterans, lest we forget!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 19:37

Glad you enjoyed yourself Johnny and it is amazing what it does for ptsd and arthritis. dry heat and salt water no pressure on the bones and muscles.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sat 12 Dec 2015, 19:09

Heeerrrrrreeeeee'sss Johnny - Lol, ok back from sitting in the sun for a bit, with a Pina Colada in hand, and the head spacing is sort of lined up. I see not much has happened in the past couple of wks. I can throw a stone to the head office from my place, and keeping an ear to the grd for rumbles, with my comrades. But like you folks all I am hearing is announcenments are forth coming, but no date. All I can hope for is soon the minister will give us a Sitrep with dates..VVV..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 18:21

Consider it done trooper Very Happy I will let you know if I hear anything back from his office.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 18:16

Absolutely Sparrow....that would be great thanks !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 18:12

I received a non committal  response from MVA Hehr's team on facebook regarding my question and they advised to send all queries to kent.hehr@parl.gc.ca  
Do you want me to forward your list of questions on to MVA Hehr's office?

Last edited by Sparrow on Sat 12 Dec 2015, 18:25; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 17:28

Great work on asking the questions folks....the re opening of offices an the hiring of staff is something that's already been said.

Here's what I would like to know ; An if someones wants to copy an paste this to post on Facebook , go ahead.

Dear Mr. Hehr your appointment as Minister of Veterans affairs is truly well received among the Veteran community , your time as Minister thus far shows that you have the utmost respect for all Veterans an their Families , we as Veterans have finally been given a better chance in getting what Veterans have been asking for , for many years , respect , an the benefits that we all truly deserve.
So thank you Mr. Hehr for taking this job serious it sure does give Veterans hope for better things to come.
My question to you revolves around the lifelong pension , out of all the Liberal promises , the lifelong pension is the only issue that is before the courts , bringing this lifelong pension back as per your promise is of great importance to a lot of Veterans an it is something that I would think needs addressing in implementing this promise in a priority mode , putting the complexity of this implementation aside can you the Minister tell Veterans if this implementation has been - or is going to be a problem for your office ?
Can you tell Veterans if you have indeed requested this implementation to your staff as per a timeline of implementation ?
Can you tell Veterans if indeed you are getting ongoing progress reports on this implementation ?
Can you affirm Veterans that the lifelong pension will indeed be implemented in a timely fashion ?
Would it be possible given the importance of this implementation to give Veterans an ongoing progress report of this implementation ?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaket Sat 12 Dec 2015, 17:05

Yes. Really nothing new. The mandate letter seems to be the Veteran pacifier at the moment and I don't expect any timeline until the New year. Even if they came forward and said we are going to retroactively increase the disability amount by X$ .... Or we are going to reintroduce the PA. That would be a start.
But we are not even getting that. Just the wait for it.!!

Well they have burned up 2 of the 48 months until the next election.....and have accomplished nothing.

Slaket
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 16:03

ROTFLMAO @ NAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 15:22

Can anyone mention Sisip ltd increasing before the next cheque, can't shake this bar tab, causing all kinds of stress!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 14:50

I messaged as well as posted on MVA Hehr's facebook page the following question:

Dear MVA Hehr, I am especially concerned with any delays for the re-establishment of lifelong pensions as an option for our injured veterans. Can you advise if an announcement will be forthcoming regarding this matter. Thank you kindly Sir

Last edited by Sparrow on Sat 12 Dec 2015, 16:49; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 37 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 37  Next