Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

+16
Brasidas
prawnstar
chillier76
Slaket
Sapper Zodiak
Recon031
johnny211
rucksack031
czerv
Teentitan
Rifleman
Kramer
bigrex
BinRat
Dannypaj
pinger
20 posters

Page 24 of 37 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30 ... 37  Next

Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 24 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Teentitan Thu 03 Dec 2015, 21:22

Well here in Borden the cadet program might not happen in 2016 as the barracks will be full of refugees. Found out Borden can house up to 1500 and the first flight they are landing in Toronto and being bused to Borden.

Amazing how fast they can put things together it can't help but make this vet somewhat discouraged.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 24 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Rifleman Thu 03 Dec 2015, 20:59

Not only that wild thing but they are asking troops that live in the shacks to double up in order to make room for the refuges that are going to be housed on base troops get fracked again

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Dec 2015, 20:18

Refugees before the men and women who served this Country seams legit and makes perfect sense scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 03 Dec 2015, 19:01

Teen... you said it well, " I want to see movement of the promises from now on. "
On behalf of everyone I feel we all agree with that.
Now then.... hey baby goc, schools out, no holds barred
... implementation better be fracking yesterday...
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 03 Dec 2015, 18:36

Speaking from experience with new Ministers....giving them the "your new to the job" hall pass is the wrong way to think. He has a Deputy Minister and dozens of Assistant Deputy Ministers that do know the job.

He has to go into PEI and tell all of them what he wants and when he wants it.

When a Media Advisory goes out to the press that means there will be a statement from the Minister on the why's, how's and when. Even VAC will do their own summary statement and put it on their website. Go to the VAC website now and there is nothing! Want to know why? Because obviously absolutely nothing was talked about the promises the Liberals made during the campaign. Hell even a hollow boiler plate news statement from VAC wasn't even done.

If all that came out of it is a news story about him and his injury was the perfect "miss-direction" move to distract the veterans and the Canadian public by the Liberals.

This is his one distraction. No more of his background. I want to see movement of the promises from now on. If he says he's still learning then maybe we should all just tell him listen to your DM and ADM's.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Dec 2015, 18:18

I did hear on the news today that if the Liberals fulfill each an every promise from their Liberals platform....they will be the first government to do so.

That said....I do believe that the Liberals are going to make good on their promises to Veterans....but our MVA is new at this as he says his learning....like I said above...I would like to hear talk on all the promises , promised , even if it's just a sit - rep as to how things are moving... where are we on the ELB an the lifelong pension ?
As far as the character of our MVA.....I like his attitude.....like his admiration an his determination to do well for Veterans....still would like to hear more on each an every promise....keeping us all informed as to the progress being made in all areas.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 03 Dec 2015, 18:13

And the bunny rabbit runs down the hole after Xmas rifleman...

I'm starting to get severely fed up with this syhte. I'm kinda okee-dokee now, but want to know.... why can't Kent Clark implement PDQ for others amongst us.

GoC can do it. But guess I just don't understand their... priorities

...Just did by jeez, same old fracking snafu. nuff said. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 03 Dec 2015, 17:16

Make it happen your Honourable Prime Minister of Canada JT! Specifically the $300 million a year to reform veterans' benefits and delivery of services to vets. Bring back lifelong pensions for injured vets.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/throne-speech-checklist-which-campaign-promises-will-trudeau-government-reaffirm-1.2683942
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 03 Dec 2015, 14:40

Michael Blais

Statement from Mike Blais Facebook page.  
Exciting times. I have never been to a throne speech before. Very exciting to be invited as Minister Hehr's guest, particularly after his inspiring words at the stakeholders meeting yesterday. Have no doubt. He gets it, the message of hope is not illusion, he sincerely understands the need and, I beleve, has the mandate to make the promises real. Stay strong, stay focused, our work these past five years have borne fruit, soon, there will be harvest. One Veteran, One Standard

I wonder what will be announced during the throne speech?

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 03 Dec 2015, 14:14

Well here's the summary of what happened at the Stakeholder Meeting on 2 Dec

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/kent-hehr-gets-personal-veterans-affairs-revamp-1.3348926

If this is the "substance" of the meeting then I'm going to have to one up Rifleman...Easter is coming soon too. But which year is the question.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Thu 03 Dec 2015, 13:22

So is Xmass

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Dec 2015, 13:11

Yes I agree sooner the better but they have stated they are going to do this and I believe they will. The Cons had 10 years and the liberals just got in a month ago. The promises that the liberals have made are written and published and I can't see the liberals not doing it. For one thing if they went back on there promises it would give the opposition ammo against the government. It's coming those promises are coming

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Dec 2015, 11:22

Well I hear what your all saying....if Mr. Hehr thinks for one second that he can get away with talking about things that we all have heard for many years....without coming out an also talking about the ELB increase an the lifelong pension....he is setting himself up for some big time backlash.
Yes the things his talking about now are important , nobody's suggesting different....but serious promises were made an Veterans are waiting for signals that the ELB an the LIFELONG PENSION is coming soon.
So the MVA needs to come forward an start talking about this.....even some sort of sit -rep would be better then leaving Veterans again waiting for answers.

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Thu 03 Dec 2015, 10:27

Looks like back to ... we will fix all (that is convenient to us) shortly before next election. considering shortfall in the budget, need to bring 25000 from war zone, pay for climate change and two babysitters from our tax funds, as well as need to study the issues of veterans, etc., etc.
If I am wrong, I will appologize.

Cheers

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Dec 2015, 08:10

Well stated bigrex.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 37 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30 ... 37  Next