Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

+16
Brasidas
prawnstar
chillier76
Slaket
Sapper Zodiak
Recon031
johnny211
rucksack031
czerv
Teentitan
Rifleman
Kramer
bigrex
BinRat
Dannypaj
pinger
20 posters

Page 7 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next

Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 7 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jan 2016, 17:31

Just a bit of an update from Power & Politics interview with our MVA...Our MVA is saying that he has hired 100 new staff for Veterans affairs an is working on getting the other 300 hired...he says he wants to have this in place to help expedite Veterans quest to seek benefits...he also says that he is working on all promises made to Veterans an also is looking to help Veterans who are homeless.
He says all 9 offices should be open by years end...I got a sense that he wants those 400 new staff members an the 9 offices to aid somewhat in what is to come in the form of implementations...just my guess.
So at least for me anyway I am happy to hear that update an happy to know that he is indeed working on all that was promised.

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 7 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Rifleman Tue 05 Jan 2016, 21:37

Check out cbc.ca

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Mon 04 Jan 2016, 18:11

bigrex good pt. The PIA and PIAS should be automatic for TPI, and one should not have to apply, if you are that fracked that one can no longer be employed.
Also Dannypaj, I did the protest with Ron Clarke in Charlottetown last summer. He is one tough old Vet, with alot of energy fighting for us at his age. And I do believe when he says he will be back on the rd if we get jacked around again. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 04 Jan 2016, 16:46

they could probably change the PIA rules without much further discussions, including making it automatic for anyone who is declared TPI. After all, it is meant to compensate for lost employment opportunities, and what restricts employment opportunities more than being totally impaired?
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 04 Jan 2016, 15:50

From what they promised the only direct action that can happen is the increase of ELB/LTD.

The rest of the promises are either in the works or a study is required.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jan 2016, 14:56

I am all for an attack on the NVC reform ~ Happy New Year Nav!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jan 2016, 14:55

Happy New Year to you Navrat...I'm happy to see you being optimistic an truly hope your right...but until I hear something from the MVA himself I'm going to remain cautious in building up any amount of hope from what I have heard thus far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jan 2016, 14:26

An update is coming but not just an update , direct action the likes of which we haven't seen, more like a Pearl Harbor blow , everything is going to change!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jan 2016, 14:16

Well said teen...he needs to stop learning an direct action now...an give us an update on everything , that means all that was promised.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 31 Dec 2015, 07:35

Thank you Ron Clarke for raising the awareness of lack of service and treatment for Veterans.
MORE ASS kicking to follow if they don't follow through.
We will be able to gather a greater coalition of veterans in the next four years "if" they "the liberals" do not implement their promises, for now we vets sit and wait patiently for the 2016 budget.

http://www.capebretonpost.com/News/Local/2015-12-30/article-4390590/Veterans-wing-in-North-Sydney-hospital-receives-unused-funds-from-ABC-campaign/1

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 29 Dec 2015, 18:30

Rex if he doesn't come out of the holidays with some sort of update, by the 8th of Jan, then he is nothing but a fool.

He saw what happened to the last few Conservative Ministers so why would he go down that road? If he hasn't figured it out by now that keeping veterans informed then WE are being the fools by giving him "patience".

The letter from PMT to his Ministers is being touted as being transparent. Well whoop-dee-do that means jack squat if Hehr is not going to show that transparency to us veterans with updates on the DO's opening, the hire's, when the ELB/LTD bump memo to cabinet is going in, and the wellness centers.

If they went all in we have the right to bark at our Minister for updates afterall isn't that why a huge majority of the veterans voted for the Libs? Informing us is equal to respecting us!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 29 Dec 2015, 17:06

I think that it must depend on the CM, and individual case. I was declared TPI in 2012, and other than the forms for declaring other sources of income for ELB, I can't recall any medical forms that I've had to fill out. I know I certainly haven't had to undergo the two day functionality assessment again. I have had nurses and OT's do in for home assessments when they were looking at getting me medical equipment. As far as being patient with the MVA is concerned, I agree that we need some sort of update, but I am willing hold off on calling a linch mob until after the budget comes out.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 29 Dec 2015, 16:25

cosmo- yes you are right, and that was my pt, why is it done? Is there a need for it to be done? I have not been thru one yet, but it just could be to see if you need anything further, or it could be just more useless redtape, not sure. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Tue 29 Dec 2015, 14:37

Totally agree teen patience is a virtue however my patience with these morons had run out a long time ago it's time for them to start passing some info on our file

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 29 Dec 2015, 13:18

Well Sailor964 I don't believe in being patient with the new guy...no other VAC minister was shown patience so why start now?

Especially after watching the year end conversation with PMT on CTV. Spoke for an hour and did not mention Canadian Veterans ONCE!

So by being patient and giving the new guy time to adjust is just giving the new guy time to put his bullet points together that say nothing....which seems to come very easy to him because he hasn't said anything of interest to date.

I've said before and I'll say it again if you give them an inch a year goes by with nothing done for veterans!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next