Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Throne Speech

+2
EZRider
Teentitan
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Throne Speech Empty Re: Throne Speech

Post by Guest Sun 06 Dec 2015, 08:12

bigrex how to handle the lump sums is simple . under the legislation I presented if you choose the lifelong pension on your re election you will be owed the amount of PA pension you would have otherwise received as if you had not had the buyout and you would owe the buyout as an overpayment .

the math is PA pension retro - buyout. if you are owed they pay you . if you owe them you pay them . all of this is covered under the existing two pieces of legislation and my proposed legislation .

the only thing not addressed is the exact manner in witch you pay it back witch would go to regulations .

there are a lot of ways to pay back pensions already in place in many pieces of legislations and regulations in this country currently being used by the GOC non of witch seems very taxing on the payer in the least bit . copy and past one of these into the NVC regulations and bobs you uncle .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Dec 2015, 07:14

They the Liberals promised to re - instate the lifelong pension , this promise is in the Mandate letter to be implemented.

Did they promise something without knowing how to get it implemented ?

Are they only now understanding the complexity of this implementation ?

Is this going to end up being a stall implementation because of this ?

Is it even going to get implemented before the next election ?

Again the only thing complex about this is that they now realize that implementing this would be in line with merging both the PA an the NVC.
Again they are now struggling to find a way to implement this without first merging both the PA an the NVC , an second , without pissing off a whole lot of Veterans.

This can only go one of two ways , one they implement it as is an combine both the PA an NVC - or second not implement it at all.

It's one or the other cause if they try an twist it one way or the other , the backlash is going to be big.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Dec 2015, 05:01

I understand that bigrex all i want is what i signed up under served under and was released under anything with strings attached to it i don't want,i'm burnt out 50,000 plus won;t get me to play their silly games no more just can't do it been hurt to bad in the past present no more in the future done done done. The part that really tears my guts out is I wasted my youth my physical and mental well being for this country only to be put lower on the totem pole than muslim refugees. What a bunch of ignorant pricks wasted my life serving this ungreatful fkn country!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 06 Dec 2015, 00:02

That would be up to you wild thing. All I know is that if a severely disabled Veterans who was injured prior to 2006, and getting a PA disability pension, can also collect a combination of SISIP/ELB, EIA or PIA/PIAS, as well as Attendance Allowance and Clothing Allowance, without any interference between the various benefits and the disability pension, then therefor, so should a post 2006 severely disabled Veteran.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 22:55

How about giving me my pa and they can shove the nvc where the sun don't shine I don't need anymore head spacing games.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 05 Dec 2015, 21:49

The only thing complicated about reverting to the lifelong disability pension, is figuring out how to handle the lump sum payments that have been made. But they better come up with a plan soon. Could you imagine being a young Veteran with claims pending? Do you take the lump sum? And even if you do, you can't really spend any of it because you're likely going to have to pay it back next year. They also can't simply roll ELB, PIA and PIAS together and call it a lifelong pension, because the criteria for each is completely different. And you can't say you can get all of those for life, OR a one time lump sum payment.

So VAC needs to put out examples of what various Veterans could receive.

Examples (all married with 2 kids)

Veteran A = released after 20 years, and assessed with a mild 15% disability.

=The Veteran would have the option of a lump sum of $50000, or $589/mo for life. They would also be entitled to their CF superannuation

Veteran B = released after 9 years, assessed at moderate 60% disability and still working.

= The Veteran would have the option of a $200000 lump sum, or $2160/ mo. They could also be eligible for grade 3 PIA of $584/mo

Veteran C is released after 15 years, and is 100% disabled, and deemed TPI

= The Veteran could choose between a lump sum of $350000, or $3929/mo. They could also be eligible for ELB (90% of pre-release pay), PIA and PIAS ($1074/Mo).

at 90%, the minimum ELB would likely be around $50000

bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 19:33

well wildthing I think the politicians made this a priority . more out of convenience than anything . they know the locations and are already hiring 400 new employees so this one is easy and relatively cheep . the thing is the lifelong pension is easier but far from cheep if done right . the only way this can take a long time is if they are still trying to find a way to make it cheep . that of course is impossible if done right .

one vet one standard could only mean one thing . an option to take the PA pension . otherwise we still have two standards .

they already have the legislation . its the easiest ,fastest , and right way to do this . its a legislators dream really sitting right in front of them.

the only concern is the cost . but like I have said before that is no concern of mine . when it comes to getting services and benefits to disabled vets that they deserve it should not be for our government either .

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 19:05

I agree with you propat 100% the whole system p----s me off we have no one to support us even VA have a union and RCMP have a union and all veterans have is preparation h we are not allowed to vote on anything that affects us. I would like to know what these advocates are really saying as they are older and have their pa. I would like to know who put va offices at the top of the list as to veteran priorities must have been VA union because no advocate could be that stupid I would hope. The PM letter is like a legal promise to veterans so at least we have that if we have to continue the fight in court. I don't want no strings attached or more hoops to jump through and the more time they take means things are going to become complicated for individuals and it will not be one vet one standard. it will be more like the insurance commercial the old fart with a fishing pole and a dollar tied to the line.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 18:08

Hehr said that promise will take longer than a year to fulfill.

“Look, we want to get this right not done quickly,” he said. “This is complex. There’s very many different streams of veterans’ supports and options out there and it’s not a magic wand that I have that can just say roll them all into one.”

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 18:04

not rumours bigrex sparrow posted it somewhere ill see if I can find it.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 05 Dec 2015, 17:54

Ok, I've been pretty out of it for the last few days, and right now, I'm just waiting for the Dilaudid to kick in before lying back down. So I haven't seen any interviews with hehr over recent days that would cause any concerns. I think it's more about per-concieved notions, than what is actaully being said. If you are traditionally a Liberal supporter, you hear more of the positive things, but if you didn't vote for them, or only voted for them because of the election promises, you are more apt to buy into some of the negativity floating around.

So I think the only wise thing to do, is refrain from talking about the benefits, until we see something in writing. Until them, it is just speculation about whether or not the promises will be fulfilled, in a manner that Veterans want, and that could lead us back into discussions where things get said, that cannot be unsaid. I don't want to see CSAT in turmoil over rumours.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 17:29

Unfortunately wild thing trying to explain this to him won't do any good.
He has taken the path of following the advice of those who for whatever reason have a tunnel vision theory which often only result in making things seem more difficult then they really are.
Listen were talking about a guy who walked into DVA in Charlottetown asking them for advice.
From day one he has come out swinging in saying praises towards the way he feels about Veterans , he says he wants to do right an bring a new tone to the file.
He is learning as he goes...it's one thing to be a nice guy an come out with all the hype an praise in saying all this good stuff...but it's another thing to actually do it.
That is why I have always said that whoever our MVA turns out to be , he or she needs to lead in that role with forcefulness an direction to actually order things done..there's absolutely no room for influence here...that only leads to things not getting done.
The MVA's job is to get the job done...he got his marching orders from the PM , he can get all the advice he wants , but at the end of the day it's up to the MVA to fulfill the duties ordered to him by the PM.
He seems to be changing his tune each time he makes a comment...first he said publicly that all promises would be implemented by next year at the latest...now he is saying the lifelong pension will take longer than a year to fulfill...see what I'm getting at here...he is using words like magic wand , different streams of Veterans that makes implementing the lifelong pension complex...we here on CSAT had this all figured out the very same day the promise was announced...the lifelong pension is already implemented to thousands of Veterans...if they can't figure this out...they don't want it implemented...and yes of course there's an implementing phase that has to be looked at here , but let's not forget , they may have come into power on the 19th of Oct but the promise itself was made way before that...this is a text book example of what happens when excuses are made to cover up a promise that won't be met.
Once these types of comments start to be made it's a sure sign of a government who's about to renege on a promise.
Let me say this the lifelong pension issue is the only issue brought before the courts one would think that the promise to bring this back would be the very first promise worked on after the 19th of Oct.
It's one of those situations where one has to wonder if he is the right person for the job...he needs to dictate , order the implementations it's not as difficult as some put it to be ...it's only as difficult as they make it...we have seen this type of situation before an the end result is never good.

I have nothing personally against our MVA ....I'm only looking at it from what I think would be best for Veterans...it's only an opinion ...not meant to bash the guy....those that don't agree with me...I'm all good with that an respect all of your opinions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 15:44

Find out who his father is trooper and send him a letter on our behalf explaining things maybe the only way we can get the message acrossed and acually to MVA himself what ever works!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 13:17

The Liberals are not going to rush anything because they have no clue how to implement the lifelong pension.

I don't see anywhere where any signs of optimistic lies in getting this lifelong pension implemented.

The Liberals have now found out that bringing back the lifelong pension is in fact merging the PA with the NVC.

Anybody who thinks that bringing back the lifelong pension is complex is only using the word complex as a stall tactic period.

One just has to read between the lines to know what's happening here.

The MVA has been told by the people who surround him in his cabinet just that , the lifelong will be like merging both the PA an the NVC.

If anything is going to come out of this it won't come close to what the PA has with regards to the lifelong pension...the buyout will surpass this by a long shot...don't expect an answers anytime soon...they now are looking for ways to make it look good...but will fail as past governments have in the past.

I don't like this at all...I got a real bad feeling about this...our MVA has taken the route of listening to his counterparts leaving Veterans without any say...look at his recent comment...that tells it all.

In my opinion as long as Hehr is our MVA we can all forget about the lifelong pension.

Once Veterans see an understand what's really happening here...the shit is going to hit the fan an once again we will be out in full force letting everyone know what's really going on.

This is what happens when the top gets got up in listening to those around them instead of taken direct action in ordering things be done period.

In all that was promised bringing back the lifelong pension was the number one issue that needed to be addressed first....this is not the case , what does that tell you ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next