Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Throne Speech

+2
EZRider
Teentitan
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Throne Speech - Page 2 Empty Re: Throne Speech

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 09:55

well you are a cranky ol bas%%$# that's for sure but I like that . love the fire it shows conviction . but as far as budget money goes I DONT CARE !!!!vets should get everything they DESERVE regardless of budget . in the end the government decides what the budget is.

I don't want the service's and benefits for vets decided by a fracking budget . I want them decided by the needs of the vet as determined by his situation and disability/disabilities .

IS THAT SO WRONG???

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 09:45

nav buds got a lot of time for you but this is not a lib con thing not anymore . this is a vet thing and if you look at the latest comments from the MVA it looks like he wants to do with the monthly pension what was done to the RISB and that my friend aint kosher !!!!!

NOW IS THE TIME TO SCREEM !!!!!

im not proposing getting rid of the guy AT THIS TIME . there seemed to be something wrong with the promise of reopening the DO's wether he was being taken out of context or he had a bad plan is nether here nor there . the screaming started AND HE LISTENED .I like that .

right now he seems to be going down the wrong path with the monthly pensions . if we scream
loud enough will he listen ???? if we do not scream at all will he here anything?????

I say NOW IS THE FRACKING TIME !!!!!

when its all said and done it may be to late .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 09:34

I am told i'm blunt slaket I like to think of it as honest, there are veterans out there making over ten grand a month with little to no mobility problems because they know what it takes in legal jargin to win a case even with little to no injury. There are veterans suffering 24/7 with real mobility and other injuries that don't know enough about legal jargin to win their case as medical docs are not as important as legal jargin, and common sense is disregarded by VA/VRAB it is all about i's dotted and t's crossed. The va lawyers are useless and their briefs are made to lose casses and the vet cannot afford a real lawyer to fight for them. the veterans budget is going through the roof set a ceiling so the con artist cannot suck the budget dry and use common sense when it comes to injuries Familys are suffering and vets are feeling let down and committing suicide because they are denied the financial aid they need and deserve one vet one standard trim the fat all over the system. If i'm no good bast--d for saying this then i'm proud to be one....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 09:29

Everyone is getting excited , of course everyone wants the promises yesterday but if the liberals rush this and get it wrong everyone will be all over them. It took 10 years of Cons and what did we get, nothing! And the Cons rushed the RISB and critical injury benefit , which truthfully are all jokes, so at least the liberals are going to restore the pensions , it's going to take time but it's going to happen. The only thing I believe that could be rushed is the increase to the ELB and hopefully Sisip ltd to 90 percent. I was belittled by some before when I mentioned the ELB and Sisip LTd would be mergered but if the pa and NVC are going to be merged and you have joint defence and vac ministers now the icing is on the cake and it will be a good thing. Before we topple this guy remember it's been a couple of months not even, if the Cons were relected we would have only got shiny new I'd cards to show at the food bank, at least with the liberals they are not breaking their promises, they have not got back on them, they are putting a plan together and the monthly pensions will return

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 09:15

I don't know why some people think that giving back what was taken away from our afgan vets is so wrong .

ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO !!!!

its the benefit they already should have had from the get go . in moast cases the benefit that was in place when they signed the dotted line .

just give it back!

the legislation is already on your desk as a matter of fact you have MORE than one copy .

easy , simple , fast and above all the right thing to do.

wouldn't ya think you really aught to do that.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 09:00

teen it is that easy and the result of the legislation I proposed would mean total equality for ALL vets when it comes to the pain and suffering award . it seems THEY ARE JUST WORRIED ABOUT MONEY that is the ONLY reason they are trying to complicate it .

it seems they want to create a new benefit then subtract a bunch of stuff then if there is anything left tax that as well . WE HAVE ALL SEEN THAT BEFORE !!!!! NOT GONNA FLY THIS TIME !!!!!

two separate lawyers checked out that legislation I wrote as a favor yup I said it was imperfect but workable but they both said it was good AS IS . yup the proper preamble doc number and dates are missing but something I couldn't possibly know anyway .

its GOLDEN it works it brings TOTAL EQUALITY plus its quick and easy .

THEIR IS YOUR FRACKIN MAJIC WAND HEHR !!!!

ya wanna keep down the path your heeding trying to somehow mix a pain and suffering payment with others and making people chose between a mixed and possibly taxed benefit witch would not be a pain and suffering benefit or at best a whole new category " quasi pain and suffering benefit " or a pain and suffering benefit your gonna find this will take many years if at all possible and you will truly need a majic wand then.

ALL Canadians are entitled to pain and suffering benefits . just the re-writing of the labor laws aloan just to make this leagal would take close to a year and in the end they would be legally challenged by well......EVERY FRACKIN UNION IN THE COUNTRY .

JUST GIVE BACK WHAT WAS TAKEN AWAY !!!!!!

its not CHEEPER but much easier .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 08:50

Trudeau promised a lot and I hope he delivers.

Last edited by bruce72 on Sat 05 Dec 2015, 11:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed profanity)

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaket Sat 05 Dec 2015, 08:37

I would give all of my a VAC funds/benefits back to only be normal again. That can't be done. So I don't consider it milking the system.
I went and did my duty...came back after a couple tours...physically and mentally damaged so it is only right that the GoC and people of Canada ensure that we live the rest of our lives in a degree of comfort.

I am not hearing how these refugees are going to come to Canada and upon arrival going to have to fight Immigration for benefits and awards. No the GoC have quickly determined we WILL give you this and this and this, no questions asked.
Veterans have gone to war/peace keeping for the WORLDS freedom, losing minds, limbs and life. Upon return the wounded must fight for every once of support.

All for just doing as ordered.!!

And on a throne speech we get a 1 liner.....
Priorities Mr Trudeau....priorities.

Slaket
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Sat 05 Dec 2015, 08:07

"Actions speak louder than words"........simple concept.

"Time will tell"........."no news is good news"???

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 06:14

Big rex all they have to do is set a ceiling on the monthly amount a vet is entitled to caf pension and disability combined not to exceed average canadian salary as some are cleaning up because they know how to fk the system and they were not even medically released while others who have honor and dignity and deserve the pension for their injuries fall through the cracks. ONE VET ONE STANDARD IF THEIR MAKING TO MUCH TAKE IT AWAY, THEIR WHINING WILL FALL ON DEAF EARS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Dec 2015, 05:45

Here is more food for thought the refuges get 6000 dollars as soon as they land in Canada to help them with incidentals or send back to syria what ever they want to do with it. In 25 to 50 years our children and grand children will have to fight a civil war right here because the muslim religion is so fkd up and they will have numbers then and they breed like rabbits. They were in toronto airport when i landed a week ago and the smell was over welming struting through the airport like they owned it with their chins up in the air and butter ball wives 3 feet behind in tow like a goat on a rope. Every mattress in the shacks will have to be destroyed and replaced after they leave more expense. They need to take 3 years to bring in non muslim refugees shower and cloth them burn their old clothing over in the middle east. and implement the promises to Canadians, first nations and veterans monthly pensions ASAP. Bet no muslums will be living beside JT in his quebec home his children better be ready to pick up a weapon when the time comes and not flee the country as their father is creating this mess and ignoring the needs and welfare of Canadians first nations and veterans...

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 05 Dec 2015, 04:39

It is only complicated, if they want it to be complicated. I agree that it would be easier just to say that everyone will start getting the monthly pension, but some Veterans may feel that a lump sum is better for them. Some of the possible reasons for this, is because of old age, pensioned for a terminal condition like cancer, or even that they already make enough money to live well, and the lump sum is just bonus. One Veteran I know, who is now in his late 60's, and has just been given 15% for his back, and another 10% interim payment for PTSD, with possibly more to come after he undergoes treatment and they determine his overall rating. His home is already paid off, he had no children living at home, and he has two sizable pensions, to the point that even before he received those awards, he always had a few hundred dollars in his wallet at any given time.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 05 Dec 2015, 02:10

So on CTV Warren Kinsella, former Lib stategist/writer/advisor, said it the best about the throne speach

"Hey the 3rd place party won the election on a lot of promises"

One other thing of interest there was no talk on stiffer sentences for hand guns or aid for domestic violence in his campaign but that made it into the speech?

PMT hyped vets up during the election, and yes it was only a speech, but one line means only one thing.....making promises to get votes without listening to his then MP in charge of the VAC file, Frank Valincourt, is going to bite him in the ass. Trudeau also had Sean Casey the Charlottetown MP and lawyer to talk to because he had the VAC file as well.

I talked to both of these MP's a few times and they had a very firm understanding of the complexities of the NVC and PA. They also admitted the only way to fix vet problems is to do a thorough review which is going to result in one answer only....merge the NVC and PA.

propat I know you have put a lot of work into trying to make it easy but it ain't easy to bring the lifelong pension back without merging. Even then because PMT said the vet can choose the lump sum or lifelong pension is going to be complicated to figure out to keep it fair.

This IMO is why vets only had one small line in the speech today....they are in damage control.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 04 Dec 2015, 20:17

The thing is, the refugee crisis, global warming, ISIS, are all very much in the news, and therefor in the minds of more Canadians. Veterans issues on the other hand, the only ones who want to hear more about Veterans issues, are Veterans. Most Canadians are happy to simply hear they promise to do more, so I'm not overly concerned about today's speech. But in all honesty, this throne speech today contained more of a reference to Veterans than some of the Throne speeches, heck even more than some of the Budgets, from the Tories during their ten years. Now don't get me wrong, I want information just as much as anyone else, but I'm not ready to start pointing fingers just yet.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Dec 2015, 18:11

I expected more from the throne speech regarding the Veteran mandate. In juxtaposition, there was more spoken about the refugees and immigrants promises in the speech then about Veteran promises. I would have preferred to see more then one sentence allocated to Veteran issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next