Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Review and Appeal Process

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Review and Appeal Process Empty Re: The Review and Appeal Process

Post by bigrex Wed 02 Mar 2016, 22:02

I know what you are talking about. I have a special consideration in because they minimized my claim, by stating that I had a pre-existing condition and accidents from before my military service, but they did not include any evidence of such events.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Wed 02 Mar 2016, 20:12

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Wed 02 Mar 2016, 16:14

Wrap your head around this one, called the vrab number to ask for the ortopaedic handbook buy dr stanish that was quoted from for my denial. Was patched through to a lawyer, young girl took her two day's to find it, and when she called back to get my address she told me me denial was unothodox due to comments made. Just received the handbook in the mail in my sons name. the quote he used from the handbook for denial is not even in the handbook. (I now have evidence for two counts of trying to add evidence that don't exist). (Two counts of dissmissing key evidence), (and a human rights violation). What i need to know is are these adjudicators lawyer's or what are they besides the scum of the earth.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 02 Mar 2016, 15:24

You got the right idea wildthing, to take it a page at a time. I used to eat the book and spit out gold before breakfast, but not so much now, getting older my brain just don't wanna work lol.

Never dealt with vrab, but feel the usual tactics of approach apply.

Trooper, you mentioned "... there's good BPA's an not so good BPA's ..kinda like your assigned CM"
You got that right. Furthermore, a specific BPA that helped me enormously 20 years ago was my buddies worst nightmare at the same time. Almost shyte his pants when I mentioned her name.

So there you have it... we are all the same and yet different.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Tue 01 Mar 2016, 15:34

Trooper i posted the boards guide lines have you read them it states it is a guide only, adjudicators can do what ever they want...Our lawyers have to follow guide lines though. When i go it alone i am on the same level as the adjudicator and when he screws up as he did in this case, and hangs his jewels out i am going to show him what it is like to have the vise tightened on them. It is that bad i am requesting an apology in writing.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Mar 2016, 11:30

Your assigned BPA is suppose to work for you in representing you...there suppose to know the boards guidelines inside an out.

I suppose you can say that there's good BPA's an not so good BPA's ..kinda like your assigned CM.

I think it's important that the Veteran seeking the benefit be on top of their assigned BPA.
It's not hard to be able to decipher between the good ones an the not so good ones...your first hearing will give you that answer.
It's your right to request another BPA ...that said.. they have someone to answer too..I did just that once an I can tell you that someone rattled my assigned BPA once it was found that I did not feel I was properly being represented..everything went in my favor after that incident.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Tue 01 Mar 2016, 11:22

Well this is my first appeal challenge to PEI so i see what i have to rebuttal. Also sending a copy to vac for review because i cannot let vrab bury this, it is to good i must share it to all, it is my duty.lol

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 01 Mar 2016, 10:01

My absolute favorite BS answer from VRAB was them saying that the rapid degeneration of my right knee, was merely a coincidence, when denying a consequential claim after my knee went from being asymptomatic to requiring immediate surgery in just three months following surgery on my fully pensioned knee, and having to weight bear completely on the good leg.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 01 Mar 2016, 08:18

That is the downfall of the system.
I Am an  incapacitated soldier having the GOC hired lawyers advocating on my behalf.  
I am having to rely on them that they are doing the right thing for my family and I.
Must be hard to be a major decision maker!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Tue 01 Mar 2016, 08:13

Danny they are in service of the goc it is a human rights violation to shame verbal abuse comment in anyway that might be offensive or discriminate in anyway have them on that to it way illegal to comment on claim decisions through vac as it had nothing to do with this appeal or claim. Every case i won i did it on my own not one lawyer helped me win a case they were more of a barrier then a help. If you want to win your case do your own brief if possible and your own rebuttal if appealing to PEI. It is not that the lawyers are bad, "O" wait yes, yes, yes they are!!!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 01 Mar 2016, 07:03

Involuntary medical released soldier.
Government TRUDEAU! support your VETERANS! Fix the Gaps.
The federal government has
a moral, social, legal and
fiduciary obligation to the women and men
who COURAGEOUSLY SERVED our country.

\\\\\\\\\\PLEASE STOP THE COURT BATTLES AS WELL ! ! ! EXPOSURE OF OUR VETERANS IN THIS LIGHT IS AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE TO OUR NATIONS PRIDE !//////////
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 01 Mar 2016, 07:00

From Banished Veterans on Facebook.
We are on the right track from what I am understanding. Veterans deserve the best care possible.

Doug R.
It was a pleasure to spend a few hours with Shane and his family today . Knowing his story and history I felt compelled to support him and accompany him to explain his post that someone from VAC felt was some how was a threat . Absolute hog wash . Fortunately we spoke with a great officer who had a pretty good grip on the situation and treated us with respect and courtesy. He came to the same conclusion as I did absolute silliness and a waste of time for all of us . On a positive note I got to spend time with my buddy Shane his lovely wife and children . They always cheer me up . Shane and I had a great chat with the officer and pointed out that our site is public and open for anyone to read or observe the trials and tribulations of dealing with a VAC system that is broken in so many ways. Lets keep in mind that we are public and should use caution when posting. Apparently we have quite an audience who observe our little group .

Thank you to all the Veteran Affairs Personnel having to ride out this storm with us Veterans as well. It can be done, it will be done and done right, "which is according to the departments on words".

Peace Love and Harmony starts at home.
Think about it.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 01 Mar 2016, 06:54

OMG, If someone would go through my file with a fine tooth comb for the failures and denial of the benefit of the doubt with all my medical records to back up my claim.
They shamed me and all my medical team.
Who? The guys making the decisions!
Oh well!
I will just take it.
I was just a Private/Able Seaman, so when the VRAB letters come in with their decisions, I will live with it.

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Tue 01 Mar 2016, 05:21

REBUTTAL

Easy way for persons with OSI to fight back!!! Here is how i done it. take the bs denial paper work, and do one section every day write a small rebuttal and acquire your evidence staple it over that section the next day do another section same way. I cannot write big paragraphs or even read pages and fully understand it so i have to break it down or i get over welmed after a few days you will be finished the vrab adjudicator will look like an idiot and the bs denial paperwork will be covered up.lol

EXAMPLE one of the denial reasons we the members are not denying he suffered trauma and suffered these injury's in service. We are denying his doctor statement that his injury's are in fact  a direct result of his military service as stated. Instead the adjudicator said it was due to the aging process as the study in 2015 was worse then the study in 2007.

Rebuttle: The member is not only (dissmissing legitamate evidence but adding evidence that don;t exist). eg yes i had a study and MRI'S in 2007 but there was no study or MRI'S done in 2015. So in fact the member is (speculating without evidence and dissmissing legitimate evidence without cause or evidence)

GOTCHA ON THAT ONE ASSHOLE....  NAP TIME LOL

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Feb 2016, 13:26

Wild Thing & Danny...some excellent info you have provided...Great work !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next