Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Budget 2016 & BILL C-12

+15
cosmo12
Dannypaj
Recon031
ColdWarVet1980
puddleduk2
prawnstar
johnny211
Teentitan
Rifleman
pinger
Pipes
K9
BinRat
bigrex
19 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Budget 2016 & BILL C-12 - Page 7 Empty Re: Budget 2016 & BILL C-12

Post by Recon031 Tue 29 Mar 2016, 09:22

I have the VIDEO on my facebook page ..... David R. Fitzpatrick

Is this TRANSPERENT ENOUGH for everyone lol Smile

For Country
Retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
Family of .......7.......
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 29 Mar 2016, 15:42

scratch  Did the MVA just come out of hibernation? Heck, he could declined the P.P. interview...

Anyhow, this whole lifelong pension issue/solution really pxxxes me off.
The only holdup I might appreciate is if there has to be a vote in the HoC, or voting on a bill by the Senate/Treasury Board.

In the interview, MVA said more review and consultations were universally accepted by stakeholders in a meeting to "get it right". I assume these stakeholders to be vets groups like the legion, W.W., VETS Canada, CVA etc? Has not the lifelong pension issue been reviewed vis-a vis PA/NVC?
And regardless of how complicated the issue MAY be, the GoC is supposed to be professional, plus they can draw from the most intelligent, smartest people/resources in the country or even the world.

Shyte, when I heard the deficit was going much more deeper into the red, I thought of lifelong pensions come budget time. Boy was I wrong.

Q: Where does one find a list of all the stakeholders?

Stay very well all.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Tue 29 Mar 2016, 15:59

Hi Pinger, Hope this helps answer your question..... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Affairs_Canada#VAC_Stakeholder_Committee_members
VAC Stakeholder Committee members
Veterans Affairs Canada (the Deputy Minister serves as Chair of the Committee)[16]
Army, Navy and Air Force Veterans (ANAVETs) in Canada
Canadian Veterans Advocacy Canadian Veterans Advocacy
Department of National Defence & the Canadian Armed Forces
Royal Canadian Legion
National Council of Veterans Associations
Canadian Association of Veterans in United Nations Peacekeeping
Gulf War Veterans Association of Canada
Canadian Peacekeeping Veterans Association
NATO Veterans Organization of Canada
VeteransofCanada.ca
VeteranVoice.info
Veterans UN-NATO Canada
Royal Canadian Mounted Police Veterans’ Association
Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Canadians for Veterans [www.canadiansforveterans.com]
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 29 Mar 2016, 16:29

Veteran Voice is not on the stakeholder list. As a matter of fact I think a lot of the groups listed above were not at Hehr's first stakeholder summit/meeting.

Vet Voice was not there because there was NO invite.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2016, 16:30

well pinger greed Is a very powerful thing . here is the thing future disabled vets were sold down the river by some of these so called stakeholders even though they had NOTHING at stake at the time . the only true stakeholders were healthy military members . how many of them were consulted before the NVC was brought into effect .

yup in time the PA would be indirectly improved through the NVC and all the stakeholders  had to do was sign off on the biggest reduction BY FAR of disabled military benefits in the history of this country ONLY APPLYING TO future disabled vets of course .

now what kind of evil soulless creature would do such a thing you may ask ? surely NONE that would consider themselves or by anyone really , representatives of veterans issues for sure.

sadly this isn't the case . some of these foul creatures went along with this NVC thing .

WELL guess what? some of these same org,s will be there to discuss this lifelong pension thing maybe even some of the EXACT same people .

feeling good about this summit BS now?

or are ya thinking some of these guys would not allow just a straight option to take the PA pension and that's all because their is nothing in it for them?

maybe they will push for some other plan that doesn't bring anything close to equality but something that gives a little bit more to the NVC guys but adds something for PA guys as well and a lot cheaper than equality so the GOC would be happy ?

maybe the deal is done and the summit is just a show ?

who knows maybe this is just paranoid ramblings ?

WEE WILL SEE .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 29 Mar 2016, 16:42

Gonna have to put the brakes on you propat on your comment above.

NOBODY went along with the NVC back in 04/05. The 6 groups that had their names attached to it were sat, one at a time by themselves, in a room and were 'briefed' on the NVC. They then signed a confidentiality contract that they would not discuss the NVC at all with their members until it was introduced on the floor of the HoC.

The NVC was a VAC senior bureaucrat creation that the Martin Liberals brought to the floor of the HoC to be voted on and passed. Romeo Dallaire was the Senator assigned to hold the hands of the rest of the Senate to ram it thru the Senate fast as possible. Which he did without fully understanding the NVC himself.

That is how the NVC was put into action. ZERO veteran input.

As for the Summit to bring back the lifelong pension it is time to bombard Hehr, Karen McCrimmon, the Conservative shadow minister and the NDP to make this "committe" known to the veteran community.

Part of Hehr's mandate letter is to be open and transparent. So it's time to throw it in his face and to step up and keep the vets informed.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2016, 16:46

so teen are ya telling me they PUT A GUN TO THEIR HEAD to sign off on this evil thing ?????

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 29 Mar 2016, 16:50

Just a confidentiality gun.

Not one veteran signed off agreeing with the NVC. The only reason the 6 groups got briefed was because some minion in the chain of command brought up the point that veteran organizations (NOT EVEN THE LEGION) knew about the NVC.

The NVC is a 100% senior bureacrat creation with zip, zilch, nadda input from a veteran. And the Liberals just blindly went with it.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2016, 16:55

and the LEIGION ADDS promoting the NVC what were they all about????? was that part of the confidentiality agreement ????

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 29 Mar 2016, 16:59

No. But the Dominion Command at the time was VAC friendly and was scrambling for more military members and thought they could generate some new vets.

There was a resolution from the last Dominon Command meeting that the Legion withdraw its support of the NVC. Don't know if it was adopted. But it is showing they are starting the move back to more advocating less compliance with VAC.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2016, 17:08

no teen they were evil and greedy at the time at least in my opinion and haven't changed . these guys still support the buyout and I have seen ABSALUTLY NOTHING from them to tell me ANY DIFFERENT this same org WILL no doubt be at the summit discussing the LIFELONG PENSION ISSUE .

THEY HAVE NO PLACE AT ALL DISSCUSSING THIS ISSUE pretending to represent those they have thrown under the buss already .

NO PLACE AT ALL!!!!!

I only wish them what I wish for every person on the planet .

they get EXACTLY WHATS COMMING TO THEM!!!!!

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 29 Mar 2016, 17:33

So that's a no vote for the Legion to be at the table then? LOL

You have to remember the Legion has Service Officers that have access the a vet's files at VAC.

This is where I have an issue. No other vet org, like ANAVETS (the oldest veteran organization in Canada) has Service Officers that can access vet files.

Because the Legion has a finger in the VAC system it makes for a I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine scenario. It's not right because you don't really know where the Legion stands on certain issues.

IMO the Legion should either advocate or remove themselves from VAC's files. Not both. It gives a bad optic to the rest of the veteran community.

From the 3/4 years I did these stakeholder meetings there was 3 different Presidents. Each one had their own way of operating and I don't give a damn what any Legion executive member says the President's opinion is how the Legion works.

One is hard as nails advocating. One is passive. One is thinking they are above sitting with other vet orgs. It's BS and needs to stop.

But that's why VAC likes the 2 year rotation for the Legion President. VAC can stall a hard core advocate or pass changes at lightning speed depending on the personality of the Legion President.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 29 Mar 2016, 17:47

I heard/read that as well teen, that the legion ain't been happy with NVC lately.

Tx for the list BTB (and BTW you got humour...)

Realizing stakeholders come and go, I just can't fathom how a majority or all stakeholders would agree with more consult and review, unreal. What should be on the plate to me at this time is a tentative draft(s) of lifelong pensions come NVC. Dealing with all implications ironed out.
Taxed, tax free, retro back, forward, and all the 'lumps' in the gravy in between.

Reflecting on the budget... those 6 mandate promises emphasized by MVA (toot toot) in the interview?
Given the integrity of a politicians word or promise (squat zippo in my book) I'm shocked we even got those 6.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2016, 18:12

LOL yup that would be BIG no TEEN .

legion isn't a word I use or even think directly . yup I know if im posting about them but I avoid bringing the exact name into my head because soon as its in there I get really peed off I mean really truly angry .

so its by no means that I don't like bashing the legion I just prefer to do it in a calmer fashion so I really don't often put their name in print for that reason.

but once the self serving cake suckers are out of the bag so to speak well I guess my tone may just change a bit . not an apology or an excuse just explaining how I feel about them.

yes I agree totally with what you said above teen.

yup we know how evil these frackers can be when they want especially the newer disabled vets who for the most part have nothing but the upmost distain for this organization .

the problem is these but holes were suppose to be THEE guys and to civies that don't know any better they STILL ARE.

heck even if they let the NVC go ahead without a word for or against the NVC they would still be hated by the newer disabled vets because they are suppose to be the be all and end all in vets issues .

if this fight to bring back the PA pension even as an option means we have to fight our old enemy the GOC . it also means we will have to fight a new enemy THE FRACKING LEGION.

by default the friend of my enemy is my enemy .

ya know ive been around the block so to speak and seen some really gruesome things but ya gotta put that stuff in perspective . for the most part people were doing that stuff to OTHER people not their own.

at first I thought what the legion did was against their own , pretty evil stuff I think , but I have now come to realize we are not their own. TO THEM we are the enemy and its kinda our own fault by not recognizing this until it was to late .

well now we know where we stand in their eyes but unfortunately civies don't. that is the culture I think needs to change . civies need to understand exactly what they are today just another enemy to the modern disabled vet that will stop at nothing to keep the modern day vet from be treated equally to those of the past .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2016, 19:11

In my opinion I think the Legion's credibility has faded and continues to fade.

When and announcement comes out concerning Veterans in the past the Legion was all over the news responding to the announcement , in today's world their nowhere to be found.

With respect to the stakeholders speaking on behalf of the well being of Veterans , it's one of those situation where each organization has it's own priorities which results in the chairman choosing what they believe to be the best approach.

The Minister acknowledged that from the stakeholders his team went with the suggestion to hold off on the lifelong pension until further study is done to get this implemented right.

So the next questions has to be what is it that the stakeholders considers right ?

Last I checked a lifelong pension is just that , a lifelong pension.
It is obvious that they are not returning the tax free lifelong pension as this would have been announced already , again , what do they consider getting it right ?
If your approved for the CIA , is this not a lifelong pension ?
The disability award is a tax free lump sum , one would think if they were to change that into a lifelong pension , they would not have announced the retro.
Or perhaps they are going to wait until all the retro is paid out back to 2006 , and then announce a lifelong pension only for those going forward from the date of the implementation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next